Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2013, 16:19   #1141
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
HJC CL-16 Machine in Grey from Performance Racing Store, Tardeo in Mumbai. Quite happy with it.
Nice lid!
AFIK CL-16 doesn't come with a breath deflector, are they available as an accessory?
Old 16th December 2013, 17:29   #1142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samschenker View Post
Nice lid!
AFIK CL-16 doesn't come with a breath deflector, are they available as an accessory?
Yes, they're available as accessories and it is not included in the purchase price. By the way, if you want to get a CL-16, Motorcyclegear.com has some insane closeouts running on Machine and Razz. less than half of what I paid.
FlyingSpur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2013, 18:13   #1143
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, they're available as accessories and it is not included in the purchase price. By the way, if you want to get a CL-16, Motorcyclegear.com has some insane closeouts running on Machine and Razz. less than half of what I paid.
Thank you! can you also please share what accessory are available and the price of the same?

There has been reasonable discount on CL-16 ever since CL-17 was launched. Adding the shipment cost will bring the price to almost the same as what it is sold in India right?
Old 16th December 2013, 19:03   #1144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you! can you also please share what accessory are available and the price of the same?

There has been reasonable discount on CL-16 ever since CL-17 was launched. Adding the shipment cost will bring the price to almost the same as what it is sold in India right?

The shipping costs are close to $50 ex US. You never know how much duties they will charge once it lands in India. Direct order from US is not advisable. On many a items ordered by my friend, duties as much as 100% have been charged. (Ex: If the invoice says $150, they will charge $150 equivalent of duties)
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2013, 22:56   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
+1 to what Narula123 has said.

SOL helmets are good and VFM. These same helmets are sold abroad under the brand name of Gmax (the visor of my SOL have GMAX printed on it), and are DOT certified. They offer good quality fit and finish and the visor is optically correct (as claimed by them in the website).

Here is my SOL - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3282357

Here is the webbikeworld review of Gmax GM68 (aka SOL SL-68S) - http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motor...et/gmax/gm68s/

Revzilla closeout of GMax GM68 - http://www.revzilla.com/product/gmax-gm68-helmet-solid

We are getting the same helmet here at a lesser price point than the closeout deal - now, that is something real VFM in my books
(As far as I know, the only difference between the international versions and what we get here is, we do not get the extra dark visor and extra LED cover along with the helmet)

--Anoop
Went through all the links. Thank you so much for sharing them anoop etta. I too think that they are a real VFM after going through the articles plus the features of the helmets. Worth every penny for the product ! going to order one from spartan pro gear, the online portal Narula mentioned. Once again thanks for all the valuable inputs.
Old 16th December 2013, 23:08   #1146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Wouldn't know. I always get my stuff hand carried. I have never ordered anything in the USA to be delivered to India.
FlyingSpur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2013, 23:17   #1147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HJC CL-16 Machine in Grey from Performance Racing Store, Tardeo in Mumbai. Quite happy with it.
Superlikey and congo, can't yet wait for a detailed review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit Manohar View Post
Does anyone use an SOL Helmet here ? Just saw this one on bikegear.in, http://bikegear.in/helmets/sol-helme...unicorn-yellow, looks great

If anyone has ever purchased anything from the above website, kindly do let me know if its worth the price. Have been wanting to upgrade from my 3 year old LS2 helmet from quite some time now.
Spartan ProGear resells not only SOL helmets, they have NEXX and ICON helmets too, though the latter are a bit on the costlier side.

SOL is a good helmet, nothing bad when compared to LS2, as LS2 has been the breadwinner of affordable yet comfortable and approved helmets. And the new series of LS2 helmets are very good to begin with.

Just make sure your sizing is correct, because I've had issues when trying SOL with hot spots i.e. pressure points on my head. But apart from that SOL coupled with funky graphics, and LED in the 68S model are big head turners, yet affordable ones.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2013, 23:23   #1148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post

Spartan ProGear resells not only SOL helmets, they have NEXX and ICON helmets too, though the latter are a bit on the costlier side.

SOL is a good helmet, nothing bad when compared to LS2, as LS2 has been the breadwinner of affordable yet comfortable and approved helmets. And the new series of LS2 helmets are very good to begin with.

Just make sure your sizing is correct, because I've had issues when trying SOL with hot spots i.e. pressure points on my head. But apart from that SOL coupled with funky graphics, and LED in the 68S model are big head turners, yet affordable ones.

Cheers!
VJ
Yeah started off with an LS2 when i bought my first bike, its been almost three and a half years now. Was just thinking of replacing it, and thats when I stumbled upon the SOL range. I think ill look at the size of my present helmet and order an SOL one, hopefully they have a return policy in case any issues arises with the sizing. Yeah the graphics on the SOL range are hot !
Old 17th December 2013, 13:49   #1149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit Manohar View Post
Yeah started off with an LS2 when i bought my first bike, its been almost three and a half years now. Was just thinking of replacing it, and thats when I stumbled upon the SOL range. I think ill look at the size of my present helmet and order an SOL one, hopefully they have a return policy in case any issues arises with the sizing. Yeah the graphics on the SOL range are hot !
Get in touch with the guys at Spartan's main outlet in Chennai. They will ship you the stuff because as far as I remember the website doesnt support e-commerce.

Sizing is simple and all you need is the SOL/GMax Size chart and a measuring tape. The reason why I use and love SOL is because it fits my head like a glove and the build quality is superb for the price point.

Infact if I upgrade I will go straight for an Arai or a Shoei as everything below that doesnt impress me too much over my SOL.
Old 17th December 2013, 21:20   #1150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Get in touch with the guys at Spartan's main outlet in Chennai. They will ship you the stuff because as far as I remember the website doesnt support e-commerce.

Sizing is simple and all you need is the SOL/GMax Size chart and a measuring tape. The reason why I use and love SOL is because it fits my head like a glove and the build quality is superb for the price point.

Infact if I upgrade I will go straight for an Arai or a Shoei as everything below that doesnt impress me too much over my SOL.
Sure I'll get in touch with them and order the SOL. Really impressed with all the positive reviews I'm receiving about them. Thanks once again for all your help. Cheers !

P.S: Arai or Shoei. Ill step up there when I shift gears to 600cc plus
Old 17th December 2013, 21:24   #1151
Senior - BHPian

re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
What happened to your Suomy?
Whoops, sorry for the late reply. I recently had an accident with the Suomy and the Iridium visor has lot of scratches on the sides, plus it has been over 4 years since I've bought the helmet, thought I'd finally put it to rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Give the imported AGVs a chance if you can. I recently bought an AGV K4 Evo and I love the fit! This is coming from an Arai owner
Old 17th December 2013, 23:55   #1152
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Whoops, sorry for the late reply. I recently had an accident with the Suomy and the Iridium visor has lot of scratches on the sides, plus it has been over 4 years since I've bought the helmet, thought I'd finally put it to rest
Sorry for the OT.

How are you now and hope all is well with you and your Suomy!

Take care and be safe on roads.

How much did the Arai cost and where did you buy it from?

Anurag.
Old 18th December 2013, 00:11   #1153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

How are you now and hope all is well with you and your Suomy!
Minor incident, front brakes locked up on sandy surface and had a fall. Got up, completed the ride. The visor got scratched on the left corner, thats all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

How much did the Arai cost and where did you buy it from?

Anurag.
I bought it from Singapore for 1200SGD (around 850USD). Arai Corsair V
Old 20th December 2013, 17:20   #1154
BHPian

Feel a little sheepish posting here given the quality of gear being discussed in this thread.

I need to pick up a helmet for a new scooter that I am planning to buy. What suggestions for a good, decent quality (not pro) helmets? Also any recommendations for shops in Bangalore? Any places close to Marathahalli, Indiranagar area?
Old 20th December 2013, 17:51   #1155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What suggestions for a good, decent quality (not pro) helmets?
Yosbert,

If you check the last few pages there are recommendations from 2k to all the way to 50K

My advice is check out the SOL series or the LS2 series. Build exceptionally well and are pretty good when it comes to longevity as well.

You will have to shell out around 2.5K to 5K depending on style, size, weight and decal you want finally.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks