Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2023, 18:44   #3856
BHPian

Re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinya95 View Post
Also, a recommendation out of these 2 that I have liked would also help.
A general opinion on this group, and something that I have personally experienced with Axor's lineup (I have a RE rebranded Axor Rage) is that they offer good features for the price, but they are like a soundbox at anything above 70kmph, and this is something I experience despite the windshield on my bike. However, this isn't something that a good pair of earplugs can't solve.

Between the two, the MT is also a 4-star SHARP Certified helmet hand, has Density foam and has a Polycarbonate Shell, which is slightly better than the Thermoplastic Shell that Axor's lineup has. Therefore I would pick the MT on the condition that it fits snugly. Of course, it is important to consider that MTs spares are significantly more expensive and that you would have to shell out 2k more for a pinlock firm if you so desire.
WhiskeyTangoFox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 22:34   #3857
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hello bhpians,
I had a budget of around 5000rs and went ahead and got myself an axor apex, thanks to the recommendations from this thread. Now a little background, I have a suzuki avenis and have been using a vega full face helmet while riding. I got the helmet today and my first reactions were that it's MASSIVE! I didn't expect the helmet to be that big in size, my vega helmet looks so small besides it. Anyways, I felt very awkward riding with that helmet on a scooter. I feel like it's a little too big to be worn on a scooter. Now, should I get over my insecurities and start to wear this helmet regularly or should I consider other helmets? Are there any safe and small(er) helmets in this price range?
Thanks.
Old 28th September 2023, 20:12   #3858

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
This comes to just $70 I think. Haven't paid for it though This is the model name - Arai SZ-R VAS Open Face Helmet 2024 Edition
Don't you mean $700 approx. - because I am not sure you would get even the padding inside an ARAI helmet for $70.
Accelro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 21:00   #3859
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBWKjesko View Post
Hello bhpians,
I had a budget of around 5000rs and went ahead and got myself an axor apex, thanks to the recommendations from this thread. Now a little background, I have a suzuki avenis and have been using a vega full face helmet while riding. I got the helmet today and my first reactions were that it's MASSIVE! I didn't expect the helmet to be that big in size, my vega helmet looks so small besides it. Anyways, I felt very awkward riding with that helmet on a scooter. I feel like it's a little too big to be worn on a scooter. Now, should I get over my insecurities and start to wear this helmet regularly or should I consider other helmets? Are there any safe and small(er) helmets in this price range?
Thanks.
Just keep riding with the Axor Apex. Within a day or two, you wont even notice its size.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 09:33   #3860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thamps View Post
I am just wondering....(maybe too much scepticism)

What if the recent rule of mandatory ISI certification has made the situation worse? Embossing of ISI on helmet shells makes it a separate manufacturing/painting process and some, not all, manufacturers have started making inferior products as they are sure that the final product will be exported to India only.
That's a big IF.. but still a point worth noting I believe.
Very valid point. Anything made "For the Indian Market" or "Specially designed / adapted for Indian conditions" is most certainly of inferior quality.
pedrolourenco is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 16:49   #3861

Hi Mates,

This is going to be first ever post since lurking around the forum for past 13 years.
Have recently bought a Himalyan 411. Need suggestions for a good helmet considering height as 5'10 as wind noise too will be there.
1st priority - Safety.
2nd priority - VFM.
3rd priority - weight considering long touring.

Location is JPnagar Bengaluru, so if any shops you would want to recommend.
You can provide your top 3 with pros and cons.
Reason for a separate post being as after reading all the pages it felt an information overload.
Will be grateful for your guidance.
Also i any other page for guiding gears suiting for himalyan do guide me there.
Old 4th October 2023, 17:51   #3862
BHPian

Hi there, has anyone bought a Schuberth from singapore recently. If yes, would appreciate if you could please share the location/ contact of the outlet.
Am interested in a C5.
Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 04:17   #3863
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by troika View Post
Hi there, has anyone bought a Schuberth from singapore recently. If yes, would appreciate if you could please share the location/ contact of the outlet.
Am interested in a C5.
Thanks
Please check out Chiap Lee. They stock Arai as well as Schuberth. I’ve picked up one of each from them in the past. One for myself and one for a friend. Nice place but not very helpful on phone or online. One has to visit personally to see their stock etc.

http://www.chiaplee.com.sg/
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 09:50   #3864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguana View Post
Hi Mates,
1st priority - Safety.
2nd priority - VFM.
3rd priority - weight considering long touring.
Please do provide us with an approximate price range so that members here can make suitable recommendations
WhiskeyTangoFox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 15:28   #3865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Bought a MT Thunder3 helmet from probiker shop in Pune. It’s ECE 22 05 certified and weighs around 1600 gms. We can wear spectacles/ goggles with it. Price - INR 6600.

Attachment 2092252

Attachment 2092253
Does it have grooves/channels on the lining for the temples of spectacles on fit in?

I saw a recent video of MT Thunder 3 & I could see a sign of spectacles when the visor was lifted but sadly the reviewer didn't mention anything about it.
And if by chance you would know about the same feature on MT Hummer, I would buy it in a jiffy, if it is specs friendly, as it is lighter & compact. I wear glasses & without grooves it always becomes painful for me on longer distances. The only reason why I would buy Thunder or FF320 over Hummer would be for this feature as I don't use sun visor a lot.

I have shortlisted 4 helmets - MT Hummer, MT Thunder, SMK Typhoon & LS2 FF320 & grooves are a deal breaker for me. I'm not too sure but I think the latest models of Thunder & FF320 are specs friendly & the other two aren't but I could be wrong.

This is my first post, feels great to be a part of this community
Old 8th October 2023, 17:08   #3866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannvvs View Post
Does it have grooves/channels on the lining for the temples of spectacles on fit in?

This is my first post, feels great to be a part of this community
Hi! I have upgraded to MT Revenge2 since it uses double D ring latch, it’s lighter and more silent than Thunder3.
However, both helmets have the grooves to fit spectacles arm. I have only used sunglasses and it’s quite ok. I don’t think they have separate provisions for spectacles temple as such. Also, I haven’t tried SMK or the LS2’s. So, can’t comment .

Welcome to the forum buddy! Looking forward to your posts
abhi_tjet is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 17:42   #3867
Senior - BHPian

How's Schuberth helmet, any experience? Never used one actually
Quote:
Originally Posted by troika View Post
Am interested in a C5.
Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 17:50   #3868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
How's Schuberth helmet, any experience? Never used one actually
I don’t have an ownership experience but have worn a friend’s C5 for a ride and I found it much more comfortable and quieter than the Neotec that has served me well for over 5 years. Hence the urge to switch allegiance!
troika is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 18:15   #3869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Hi! I have upgraded to MT Revenge2 since it uses double D ring latch, it’s lighter and more silent than Thunder3.
However, both helmets have the grooves to fit spectacles arm. I have only used sunglasses and it’s quite ok. I don’t think they have separate provisions for spectacles temple as such. Also, I haven’t tried SMK or the LS2’s. So, can’t comment .

Welcome to the forum buddy! Looking forward to your posts
MT Revenge is a good helmet but way out of my budget, I'm already stretching by spending 9k(7k for the helmet & 2k for the antifog film).
Yes, spectacles/sunglasses arms & temples, one and the same thing, I need this feature in my helmet. I'll have to buy Thunder if Hummer doesn't have those crevices & carry the extra weight & the sunvisor which I would seldom use.

If anyone could kindly confirm that whether MT Hummer is spectacles friendly i.e. grooves to fit in spectacles arms(I didn't find any review where this feature was mentioned). I would prefer it over the more expensive MT Thunder because of its lighter weight & smaller form(I'm thin built, don't want to look like a bobblehead with bigger shells) & single visor which leads to better field of vision & safety.
Old 8th October 2023, 18:47   #3870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFox View Post
A general opinion on this group, and something that I have personally experienced with Axor's lineup (I have a RE rebranded Axor Rage)
Which models is it by Royal Enfield. I liked RE's Drifter i.e. Rebranded Axor Brute, any idea about the helmet? It offers one of the best Field of View.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks