Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2023, 16:27   #3646
BHPian

Re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumi_21 View Post
Guys, I came across this helmet brand called Ignyte while researching a new lid for a friend.

Never heard of Ignyte before, but if everything is as they claim, the helmet seems incredibly VFM, especially with the ECE 22.06 certification.

Attachment 2408661
It is the premium offering from Steelbird, similar to SMK by Studds and Axor by Vega. Quality too seems to be similar.
deerhunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 21:35   #3647
Distinguished - BHPian

Why you should always wear a helmet!

I picked this up from the Internet today:

Quote:
From helmet hair to looking uncool, there are a million silly reasons why you might not want to wear a helmet when you cycle, but there is one very important reason why you should—it could save your life. Danish Road Safety Council recently collaborated with Copenhagen-based creative ad company &Co to deliver this serious message in a hilarious way. The ad revisits Denmark’s Viking origins to tell the story of a stubborn commander named Svend. The funny character refuses to wear his combat helmet before he and his men ride off to conquer England, but he’s eventually convinced otherwise.

Titled Helmet has always been a good idea, the hilarious two-minute ad starts with Svend riling up the other Vikings for battle. Suddenly, his young son rushes out shouting “Wait!” while carrying a helmet. He offers the headpiece to his father, but the brute man snubs the offer, even after his second-in-command agrees it’s probably a good idea. He argues that a helmet makes his scalp itch and ruins his braids. “So what do I do when I get there? Run around England wearing a silly helmet?” he says irritably. “It’s annoying, it makes my scalp itch. I’m not the type who wears a helmet
Jeroen is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 08:52   #3648
Senior - BHPian

Re: Why you should always wear a helmet!

In India, helmets (not the open face one) serves another purpose - Saves the Eyes from extreme ground pollution as well
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 16:53   #3649
BHPian

Guys my Scorpion EXO 1400 has been giving me some bad compression headaches about 40 minutes or so into my rides. I suppose my head shape is wrong for the helmet, don't think the size is. What helmets are easily available in India that you would recommend for safety? I ride a Street Triple and Interceptor and am quite attached to my noggin. Going to take a look at a few rides old AGV K3 to see if it is in reasonable nick and the correct size for me. If not, then anything else?
Old 29th January 2023, 14:10   #3650
BHPian

Locally, need to wear one to gauge the right size and shape.
I've been on an MT Revenge 2 SV. It's interesting to see how shapes differ from one variant to another, even under the same brand.
At least for the local regs, its ISI stamped with ECE certification.
Old 30th January 2023, 10:31   #3651
Distinguished - BHPian

Axor has launched a new range of off-road helmets, called the X-Cross X1. There was an off-road event conducted in Kerala, in which the company hosted several members of the off-roading community. From what I gather, the helmets are ECE, DOT and ISI certified. The feedback from someone who has used the helmet, is that the padding is quite good, as compared to what was present in Indian helmets from a few years ago.

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-20230128_164538.jpg
The Axor helmets are on the top row

As of now, the colour schemes seem to be limited. Hopefully the company launches more graphics schemes in the coming months.

Its good to see Indian companies introduce such competitive products in the market, with wallet friendly prices.
neil.jericho is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 11:03   #3652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Axor has launched a new range of off-road helmets, called the X-Cross X1.
Axor has also teamed up with Automotive clothing company, 100kmph, for a matching set of riding jerseys.
Jerseys are also available on 100kmph website.
sukiwa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 12:21   #3653
BHPian

Just chanced upon this thread while browsing on safety related threads. I used to ride my unicorn daily for few years while commuting from Pune to Hinjewadi and back. As will be the case with so many folks, the time to leave office was almost always late evening or night.

While one may consider many factors while buying a helmet, I would say choose a bright colored one preferably without too many fancy stickers / design etc. I always wore a bright orange one. Many times it is helpful especially on highways and vehicles driven at high speeds.

I have seen many folks wearing dark colored jackets and helmet with fancy designs. No doubt I love black and grey shades, but having seen vehicles coming from even wrong side of the highways, I am sure it was always this bright orange colored helmet that would played a sure part in saving me from minor / major incidents and kept me safe. A bright helmet and jacket is always better howsoever flashy it may look otherwise.

Drive safe and if on a 2-wheeler, use indicators!! (majority folks I have seen never feel the need to use it).
SSD2122 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 21:53   #3654
BHPian

Hello BHPians,
Recently picked up an AGV K6 in nardo grey. Just wanted to know what cleaner can be used to maintain the visor and the shell.
RahulRV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 09:04   #3655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulRV View Post
Hello BHPians,
Recently picked up an AGV K6 in nardo grey. Just wanted to know what cleaner can be used to maintain the visor and the shell.
That is a fine helmet and an even finer colour. May I ask as to where you acquired it from?

Regarding the cleaning, while there are a lot of options out there, my suggestion is to look at the manufacturer's instructions...you can never go wrong with those. Experimenting on such an expensive helmet with random tips from the www might not be such a good idea.
SilverMachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 10:12   #3656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMachine View Post
That is a fine helmet and an even finer colour. May I ask as to where you acquired it from?

Regarding the cleaning, while there are a lot of options out there, my suggestion is to look at the manufacturer's instructions...you can never go wrong with those. Experimenting on such an expensive helmet with random tips from the www might not be such a good idea.
Yes, love the colour. I had pre ordered it from AGV site itself as the price was the same on revzilla and other sites. My sister carried it by hand from US.
Will do check with manufacturers instructions on the cleaning instructions.
Thank you.
RV.
RahulRV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 12:40   #3657
Senior - BHPian

Im using Motul Helmet cleaner. Maxima is also great
Quote:
Hello BHPians,
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 21:09   #3658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, love the colour. I had pre ordered it from AGV site itself as the price was the same on revzilla and other sites. My sister carried it by hand from US.
RahulRV, we need pictures, only saying you bought the helmet will not do Please post pictures from all angles, a short summary of your likes/dislikes and did you consider any other helmet before picking up this one.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 23:27   #3659
BHPian

Hello BHPians,
As mentioned in my earlier post I’ve recently picked up an AGV K6 and this is my take on it. Before getting into the details, my first helmet was an LS2 FF350 atmos orange which was a good helmet for the price paid. After 3 years I upgraded to a MT revenge binomy black, it wasn’t a great helmet for the price as it gets too noisy after 70 kmph and padding wasn’t comfortable either. After having it for 3 years it was stolen. Even though my bike usage had reduced substantially as I wasn’t in college anymore and had started to work, I still wanted to ride whenever i get time. This time I was ready to upgrade to something ~20k as I wanted the helmet to be comfortable and less noisy. Tried out the starting range of the top brands, they weren’t really an upgrade from MT helmets. So I stretched my budget as well. Even though i knew people who had helmets in the range of K6 I wasn’t comfortable asking them for trying. So my conclusion was mostly on online reviews and recommendations from known people.
While searching i found AGV K6. I hadn’t personally tried it before buying it and haven’t regretted a bit after buying it either.
I bought it on directly on AGV site as the price was same across all online platform, was shipped to AGV store in NYC, and was carried by my dad which he’s still bit mad about that.
Without further ado,
The box that it came in
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-44f8d10a4e824b50a5edbf9ec0cb4614.jpeg

Things I received along with the helmet. AGV had included a small bottle of oil for lubrication as well. Along with that one pinlock 120 was given which I’m yet to put on.
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-966ede32e88f413082a798cfcb362303.jpeg
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-bfa52bddd8234875afd04402171b225a.jpeg
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-5804a4a7e9d444d9b1bf837df362cc6e.jpeg

The helmet,

The are total of 4 ventilation in the front and the visor can be popped up just enough for air to pass and not to fog up. At the back there is one ventilation outlet.
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-f0d27608f12e4c498c5f6a35c1c3b735.jpeg
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-b847a8c0327344819a551da87c722ab8.jpeg
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-d47dd6fd7b2747b88d3ad0552fcac2a8.jpeg
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-79add6e3a671491b8f09b562508a7979.jpeg
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-b9e1f1b4733a42e79a34b3fc6755665e.jpeg

* Fit and finish
* Amazing vision coverage
* Lightweight
* Very less wind noise at higher speeds.
* Colour (The camera doesn’t pick up it’s actual colour)

Dislikes
* Ventilation could’ve been better.
* Visor costs.

At the end, I’m very happy after using it for 200 odd kms and this being my very first review sort of post on this forum, sorry for any errors.
Thank you
Rahul RV.
RahulRV is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 01:14   #3660
Senior - BHPian

So,

I picked up an ARAI a few months back, it gets the limited edition IOMTT 2022 livery.
Was very happy when I got it.

But then, every time I open the visor, the helmet is getting scuffs / scratches.
I got paint correction done once, to get rid of these marks.
But it is reoccurring.

I tried adjusting the visor mounts, in multiple positions. But it isn't helping.
It breaks my heart every single time I open & close the visor.

Anyone else who has faced a similar problem?
Anyone knows a solution to this?

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_5547.jpg

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_5546.jpg

Last edited by parrys : 2nd February 2023 at 01:15.
parrys is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks