Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2022, 12:19   #3481
BHPian

Re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj96 View Post
I live in Chandigarh, so if there is a recommended helmet shop please suggest.( I only know helmet shopee).
Check out Road Runner in Ind. Area Ph 1 Chd, Customise Ride, Bykology, and Bikeformers in Sec 82, Mohali.

Last edited by cataclysm : 23rd April 2022 at 12:21.
cataclysm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 16:13   #3482
BHPian

Well today was the first time I put on to use my Airoh ST301, or for that matter, any premium internationally rated Helmet. And as soon as I shut the lid, I was transformed into another focused world all together. The cutting out of unwanted noise, and well into the 80s on my INT (which has a reputation for bad wind blast) did I realize how much more focus I can now put on the road rather than fighting the wind noise which earlier used to stress me out.
The ventilation seems to be working well, the visor is cool, initially I was having near focus issues, but quickly got used to it.
arpanjha is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 21:04   #3483

I am looking for a full-face helmet that is ECE and DOT rated and if available SHARP will also be welcome. Ventilation and anti-fogging are also important. I have found an LS2 FF800 storm on motardinn.com for about Rs 7k but I don't know how much I will have to pay in customs and other duties. Honestly, I have never ordered anything online from outside, so I thought maybe I will start with something like this.
Link
My budget is under 10k, and I am completely open to suggestions. I have tried Axor helmets but found their fitting to be uncomfortable. I have only tried one of the older SMK helmets and can't say much about it.
Bubango is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 20:14   #3484
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubango View Post
I am looking for a full-face helmet that is ECE and DOT rated and if available SHARP will also be welcome. Ventilation and anti-fogging are also important. I have found an LS2 FF800 storm on motardinn.com for about Rs 7k but I don't know how much I will have to pay in customs and other duties. Honestly, I have never ordered anything online from outside, so I thought maybe I will start with something like this.
Link
My budget is under 10k, and I am completely open to suggestions. I have tried Axor helmets but found their fitting to be uncomfortable. I have only tried one of the older SMK helmets and can't say much about it.
Bubango, I suggest that you through the last few pages of this thread before ordering the helmet from motardinn.com. The helmet is available in India. TROOPER and I have purchased it and posted our feedback already.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 09:48   #3485
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Hi all,
I am gonna very soon step into the motorcycling world after wanting to do so for long.
I need suggestions gear from you all though I have learned quite a bit and am still researching gear whenever I can. I am a newbie rider and will mostly use the bike for A to A runs and touring. Safety and not being hot are my priorities.
I intend to buy a helmet for around 6k and found a few from MT which have SHARP 4 star rating if I remember correctly. But searching here it seems that sharp is not so important so should I just look for ECE and DOT certified lids? If possible I would like a lid with simple or no graphics, plain white or some other visible colour. I am also giving preference to polycarbonate lids over ABS as they dissipate impact better I suppose?
Some of the Lids I saw which I like are MT Hummer solid, Axxis Draken B Dekers, both these lids have the DOT/ECE but also the sharp rating.
Doge, in an ideal world, look for helmets with
- SHARP (5 or 4 star rated) + ECE + ISI
- ECE + ISI
- ISI

In this post ISI era, there arent a lot of SHARP rated helmets that are on sale in India. MT has a good range of helmets that are being manufactured in India. For around Rs 6K, also look at the Axor Apex series. If you can increase your budget to around Rs 10K, then do consider the LS2 FF800 as well. Its a really good helmet for the price.

At the end of the day, buy the helmet that fits you the best.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 19:18   #3486
BHPian

I recently purchased SMK Stellar which is ISI and ECE certified. It also has anti fogging mechanism. It was snug fit cancelling most of the outside noise. It costed me around 4800.
FiatDiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 11:19   #3487
BHPian

Some pictures of the Arai RX7X that I got earlier this year. This is the Jonathan Rea edition celebrating his 5 back to back WSBK titles.

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-fd95fdb7fb2c4fcea2fb7ddb6fe3697f.jpg

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-d2333eae0a224e20be9df83d2d2ec93c.jpg

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-efb5533ec382437d8b08b775d1a146cc.jpg

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-0b70c77f795f4d4ab93750288e65913a.jpg

Cheers
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 7th May 2022, 12:39   #3488
BHPian

Bought a new helmet. Not much of options apart from LS2/MT (foreign brands). Old one was serving just fine. I wanted to upgrade to one with double D rings. My current one had micro metric buckle. The new MT’s are ISI certified and Made in India ones.

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-ece480f5c4eb4e5883e7f2b2767ce283.jpeg
abhi_tjet is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 08:50   #3489
Senior - BHPian

Wow, and Congrats . How much did this cost you? Did you purchase this in the US?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Some pictures of the Arai RX7X that I got earlier this year. This is the Jonathan Rea edition celebrating his 5 back to back WSBK titles

Last edited by Aditya : 12th May 2022 at 18:21. Reason: Punctuation
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 18:09   #3490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Wow, and Congrats . How much did this cost you? Did you purchase this in the US?
Thank you! It costed me 62k along with this light smoke visor and anti fog insert. Got this from Singapore.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th May 2022 at 18:21. Reason: Quoted text edited
RohanDheman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 15:35   #3491
ike
BHPian

Took delivery of an Ather 450x over the weekend. Purchased a helmet as well, an Axxor Joker edition to go with it from Biker's den, Chennai. Cost me 6.5k
Riding after a decade and it feels very engaging.
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-20220508_172551.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-20220508_172602.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-20220508_172616.jpg  

Last edited by ike : 9th May 2022 at 15:36.
ike is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 07:38   #3492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Bought a new helmet. Not much of options apart from LS2/MT (foreign brands). Old one was serving just fine. I wanted to upgrade to one with double D rings. My current one had micro metric buckle. The new MT’s are ISI certified and Made in India ones.

Attachment 2305123
Hi. How's the wind/noise wearing this? I ride a naked and am desperately looking for a silent-ish helmet.
Shanmd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 08:24   #3493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanmd View Post
Hi. How's the wind/noise wearing this? I ride a naked and am desperately looking for a silent-ish helmet.
Hi Shanmd, It’s fairly silent to me after wearing ear plugs and much better than my earlier MT Thunder3. I too ride a naked and never felt wind noise to be bothersome doing legal/slightly above legal speeds.
abhi_tjet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 10:58   #3494
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Got this from Singapore.
Quote:
Some pictures of the Arai RX7X that I got earlier this year.
Looks lovely. Few questions please.

Have you tried both the RX7V and RX7X for size? Is there a substantial difference in fit? The 7V (Euro spec) fits me well in size S but I'm not so confident about the 7X (Asia spec).

Also, could you please share which store you bought this from in Singapore and if they have a good range?

I know Chiap Lee Co stocks but if there is any other store as well that has a good range of inventory its handy to know.

Thank you.

Last edited by Axe77 : 12th May 2022 at 11:25. Reason: Minor language edit
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 12:53   #3495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Looks lovely. Few questions please.

Have you tried both the RX7V and RX7X for size? Is there a substantial difference in fit? The 7V (Euro spec) fits me well in size S but I'm not so confident about the 7X (Asia spec).

Also, could you please share which store you bought this from in Singapore and if they have a good range?

I know Chiap Lee Co stocks but if there is any other store as well that has a good range of inventory its handy to know.

Thank you.
Unfortunately could not try the 7V. A friend was kind enough to let me try his 7X and it was a perfect fit. On a side note:

The Arai L fits a tad big snug when i compare it to the Shoei RF1200 I have in L (Maybe due to the shell shape difference). But my god, this thing screams quality and the ventilation on a hot day in Delhi is blissful (negative being that it is noisy).

I got this from Chaip Lee. Unfortunately their web presence is limited and a friend in Singapore in kind enough to share pics of what was available in my size. However, as i understand, supply from Arai to Singapore is a bit of an issue right now and prices have also been jacked up so please do keep that in mind.
RohanDheman is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks