Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2016, 12:40   #2116
BHPian

Re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Guys, the MT blade helmet's sun visor is known to get loose over time and drop down little by little unintended while riding. This is frustrating, especially at night as you have to keep moving it up frequently.
Has anybody found a fix for this?
Old 25th July 2016, 13:00   #2117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
Guys, the MT blade helmet's sun visor is known to get loose over time and drop down little by little unintended while riding. This is frustrating, especially at night as you have to keep moving it up frequently.
Cant this be tightened? Take it to any helmet shops that stocks MT helmets, I think they would be able to tighten it.

Pramod
Old 25th July 2016, 19:12   #2118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
Read about the Blade's internal visor issue elsewhere. Seems that you will have to remove the visor, and then the ratchet mechanism for the visor using a screwdriver. Then you would have access to a brass screw, tightening which will solve your issue (albeit temporarily) as this will keep recurring - a design flaw I presume.
Old 27th July 2016, 17:37   #2119
Senior - BHPian

Bit the bullet and ordered the MT blade online. Never thought I would buy a helmet without actually trying it out, but lack of availability in Ahmadabad has pushed me into this. I am just hoping ( and praying ) that it would fit me well now
Old 30th July 2016, 18:55   #2120
BHPian

I'm in the market for a new helmet. I'm looking for a full face helmet within 6k (max).

I've taken a look at LS2 FF352, MT Axxis and MT Blade. I really like the MT Blade from all this.

Are there any other options in the market? Something better in the same range.
Old 30th July 2016, 19:44   #2121
Senior - BHPian

You should be able to get an entry level HJC lid for 6k. CL 16 is the model no. For 6k, this would be my choice
Urban_Nomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 00:18   #2122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
You should be able to get an entry level HJC lid for 6k. CL 16 is the model no. For 6k, this would be my choice
Thanks, Urban_Nomad. I'll look at HJC too
Old 2nd August 2016, 06:48   #2123
BHPian

I'm on the lookout for a light weight helmet and stumbled upon marushin helmets. How good are they ? especially the 999 and 888 models. I've never heard of this brand, so a bit skeptical about putting my money on it. Spartan dealer here says new models of MT will be launched this month, having owned the MT track spirit for a brief time, I'm sure new models would be awesome. Right now, I'm confused between these two. Light weight, comfort (better paddings), safety being the top criterias, I'm open to other choices too. Please suggest my options in the range of 10k. Thanks.
Old 2nd August 2016, 23:50   #2124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Thats the price if bought in US. Where is it available for that price in India? Any link?

MT Blade is a really good helmet for 6k and would rate them higher than any other helmets in that price range
Old 2nd August 2016, 23:57   #2125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thats the price if bought in US. Where is it available for that price in India? Any link?

MT Blade is a really good helmet for 6k and would rate them higher than any other helmets in that price range
You get them at LGU.

https://www.facebook.com/letsgearup....type=3&theater
Old 3rd August 2016, 08:34   #2126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanenanigans View Post
Am I missing something? I dont see CL-16 for 6K? I see CS-14 for 6K which is a very basic helmet and I would prefer a MT Blade any day over it
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 13:35   #2127
BHPian

Quote:
Went with the MT Blade itself. Ordered it through SPG's web site as the local dealer did not have the colour that I wanted in stock.

Quote:
I dont see CL-16 for 6K? I see CS-14 for 6K which is a very basic helmet and I would prefer a MT Blade any day over it
CL-16s went up till 8k. Even if I stretched my budget and went with it, its accessories like visor and chin strap were quite expensive. So i decided to go with the Blade.
maker_of_things is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 15:00   #2128
BHPian

Is there any place/online store within India to get Schuberth C3 Pro/E1?

-Pramod
Old 3rd August 2016, 15:14   #2129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Am I missing something? I dont see CL-16 for 6K? I see CS-14 for 6K which is a very basic helmet and I would prefer a MT Blade any day over it
They stock the CL-17 for about 9k. Anyway, is there any reason you prefer the MT Blade over the CS-14? Planning on buying an entry level helmet for pillion riders as I've been raking up quite a few fines for riding my bike with pillions that may not be wearing a helmet. I found the CS-14 to be a fairly good entry level lid. In comparison to the MT Blade, it felt more comfortable (that could be a personal thing though) interior lining felt like it was of better quality, it is lighter and had a wider field of view. The only major advantage I felt the MT Blade held over it was the pin-lock visor. Am I missing something else?
Old 3rd August 2016, 15:34   #2130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
They stock the CL-17 for about 9k. Anyway, is there any reason you prefer the MT Blade over the CS-14? Planning on buying an entry level helmet for pillion riders as I've been raking up quite a few fines for riding my bike with pillions that may not be wearing a helmet. I found the CS-14 to be a fairly good entry level lid. In comparison to the MT Blade, it felt more comfortable (that could be a personal thing though) interior lining felt like it was of better quality, it is lighter and had a wider field of view. The only major advantage I felt the MT Blade held over it was the pin-lock visor. Am I missing something else?
I have not used or even tried the CS-14 but, going only by it's specifications, it feels little inferior to MT Blade.

If you can get a HJC-16 from abroad for 6K then nothing like it as its one of the best entry level helmets.

Well, this is completely dependent on one's shape and size of head but, would still like to share. I used to have an AGV K3 which I bought in US and it took me nearly 3 months to break in and was never completely comfortable in that for the time that I used it (6-8 months) and finally sold it at the same price that i bought

I slipped on an MT Blade, it felt so amazingly comfortable that I bought it instantly. Quality of the helmet, inner linings, D-ring and internal visor were all very good quality and for 5.8K it was well worth the price
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks