Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2018, 20:25   #1
BANNED

Illegal hoarding kills motorcyclist in Coimbatore

Dear Motorcyclists,

I hope you would take extra care when you're out on the road next time cause in India we have to face a lot of potential hazards be it while riding around the country or just commuting from point A to B.

Given below is a link to an article where a motorcyclist succumbed due to injuries from being run over by a truck after falling off his motorcycle due to hitting an illegal hoarding placed by a political party honoring some celebration.

NDTV:
Techie Dies After He Hit Political Hoarding, 'Who Killed Ragu' Is Viral
ashwinprakas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 21:26   #2
BHPian

re: Illegal hoarding kills motorcyclist in Coimbatore

The hoarding pillar appears to have been erected right in the middle of road with no visible indication to warn upcoming traffic.

Cops have promptly pointed towards the rider not wearing helmet at the time of accident, we wish they had same promptness against illegal hoardings and constructions being hazardous to the moving traffic as well.

It’s quite disheartening to hear about loss of a human life due to sheer negligence of authorities.

P.S. I strongly endorse wearing helmet while riding, it is a crucial safety measure even if you are riding within city limits.

Last edited by Hrishi_111 : 27th February 2018 at 21:51.
Hrishi_111 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 21:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

Was not wearing the Helmet the actual reason ? I hope some criminal negligence case is registered not just against the people who put up the hoarding but also the people who allow such things in city services and Police departments.

I feel irritated seeing all these hoardings with ugly faces and who will do anything against it since the same people doing it.

Very sad for the young person to lose his life for disgusting direction this country seems to be going as far as abuse of public space.
Old 2nd March 2018, 07:42   #4
BHPian

I just did a tour in the South (TN, Kerala, KA) and saw quite a few of these "hoardings" being that he did not wear gear, that is quite sad and especially when that could have increased his chances of survival.
Old 2nd March 2018, 20:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Dear Motorcyclists,

I hope you would take extra care when you're out on the road next time cause in India we have to face a lot of potential hazards be it while riding around the country or just commuting from point A to B.

Given below is a link to an article where a motorcyclist succumbed due to injuries from being run over by a truck after falling off his motorcycle due to hitting an illegal hoarding placed by a political party honoring some celebration.

NDTV:
Techie Dies After He Hit Political Hoarding, 'Who Killed Ragu' Is Viral

Very sad to note this. This is a very big menace during elections and political meetings.

If I remember correctly, this incident took place in 2017 November. And it did not happen in Chennai. It took place in Coimbatore.

Kindly read thru' the link and confirm if my understanding is right.
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2018, 20:52   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Very sad to note this. This is a very big menace during elections and political meetings.

If I remember correctly, this incident took place in 2017 November. And it did not happen in Chennai. It took place in Coimbatore.

Kindly read thru' the link and confirm if my understanding is right.
Yes you are right, this happened in Coimbatore when a temporary structure was erected as part of a campaign
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2018, 02:47   #7
Team-BHP Support

Re: Illegal hoarding kills motorcyclist in Coimbatore

Mod note: Thread title corrected to reflect the right city.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks