Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Pre-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2009, 12:26   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageman View Post
Hello Sidd ,

I am restoring a similar car which per chance also has a West Bengal registration.

The car has had a previous effort at retoration which has resulted in the car being totally off spec .

I am attaching a photograph of the boot space from my car , need advice if the spare wheel is located in the correct position.
It would be better if you send a picture of the rear view of the car with the boot closed. In my car the spare wheel is kept below the main boot lid (behind the number plate) in a horizontal position.
Old 9th March 2009, 15:09   #32
Senior - BHPian

BTW what cars is that next to your Wolsley. Is it an american car ?

Please share details on it.
Old 10th March 2009, 00:11   #33
BHPian

Hello Wasif ,

The car in the background is a 1934 Plymouth , another restoration waiting to be re-started ; the photographs were there on the forum about a year back.

Sidd ,

Will revert with the photographs .
Old 12th March 2009, 10:48   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
BTW what cars is that next to your Wolsley. Is it an american car ?

Please share details on it.
If you are talking about the blue car, that is a Wolseley too. Its a smaller Wolseley in terms of physical dimensions and engine capacity (10 HP, 4 cylinder). Mine is 14 HP, 6 cylinder.
Old 25th March 2010, 21:42   #35
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

1946 Wolseley Ten

After seeing Siddd's wonderful car, I would like to post pictures of my Dad's 1946 Wolseley Ten. This car was amazingly well preserved when we acquired it a few years back. The car runs very well. Basically this has the same engine as in the MG's only that it is a single carb. The engine is a 1140 CC overhead valve four cylinder.

The Following is the extracted from Wikipedia on Wolseley Ten

"The Wolseley Ten was a light saloon car produced by the Wolseley Motor Company in 1939 and 1945 to 1948. As the car was intended to compete in the up-market sector it was well equipped with leather upholstery, pile carpets and walnut trim. Production restarted in September 1945 but without the drophead version. The price had risen considerably to £474 (partly due to higher taxes) against the Morris's £378. The Ten was finally dropped in 1948 after 2715 more had been built when the first of the post war designs arrived"

The Wolseley Monogram with Back Lighting
Siddharth's Wolseley 14/60-w1.jpg

The Wolseley Statement
Siddharth's Wolseley 14/60-w2.jpg

The Model Confirmation
Siddharth's Wolseley 14/60-10-4.jpg

Exterior
Siddharth's Wolseley 14/60-front.jpg
Name:  Rear Profile.JPG
Views: 1921
Size:  83.8 KB
Siddharth's Wolseley 14/60-rear.jpg

Dicky, Stepney position and Wheel Spanner (note the Dunlop Rims)
Siddharth's Wolseley 14/60-dicky.jpg
Siddharth's Wolseley 14/60-stepney-ws.jpg

Hub Cap is unspoilt
Siddharth's Wolseley 14/60-hub-cap.jpg

Rear seat shows the original leather. Walnut trim on door
Siddharth's Wolseley 14/60-rear-seat.jpg
Siddharth's Wolseley 14/60-door.jpg

Dash
Siddharth's Wolseley 14/60-dash.jpg

Engine
Siddharth's Wolseley 14/60-engine-1.jpg
Siddharth's Wolseley 14/60-engine-2.jpg

Not bad for a Pre-war design and post war release! Hope you enjoyed the pictures.

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2010, 22:51   #36
BHPian

Hi KPS, your Wolseley Ten 1946 model is beautiful car, is this a latest photos, still with you. What is the tyre size, is it 5.00/5.25x16 size or different size? It look similar to Morris-10 M series (Hindustan-10) in size, Morris 10 also have similar dicky and stepny. Those day Morris, Wolseley, Hillman have same coach body supplier Press Steel Co. UK, if I am right, only small changes of radiator and upmarket brands etc.

Please write about your Wolseley, how it is running smooth running engine, I hope, still it is in same condition as shown in photos, what is the tyre size, is 5.00/5.25 x 16 is available in Bangalore.

Cheers!
Old 26th March 2010, 07:45   #37
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

HI vintagepoint5, Yes these are the latest photographs taken last morning and they reflect the current condition of the car. The car is still with us. My father occasionally drives it to a park nearby where he goes for his morning walks! The car runs very well.

The tyre is 5.00-5.25x16 as correctly stated by you. We were fortunate to collect a set of used tyres with the tyre walls in good condition which allowed us to rebuild all the 5 tyres. These rebuilt tyres should last for some time. Tyres are difficult to get but if one keeps eye open one may get some used tyres.

Cheers
Old 30th March 2010, 18:49   #38
BHPian

Hi KPS, I think your Wolseley 10 has companion in Ooty Vintage Car, seems like this Wolseley also is a same model and black colour. May be
some more survive in Calcutta also so far. One more golden yellow seen
in some thread Wolseley but it was Wolseley 8 (similar to Morris-8 E) except the radiator and head lights.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...acamund-2.html
Attached Thumbnails
Siddharth's Wolseley 14/60-dsc_3127.jpg  

Last edited by vintagepoint5 : 30th March 2010 at 18:50. Reason: forget link thread
Old 30th March 2010, 20:14   #39
Senior - BHPian

Dear PS.

That Wolsley is such a deligh to see, its absolutely amazing the condition it is in.

Should be in a museum.
Old 30th March 2010, 20:45   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
I would like to post pictures of my Dad's 1946 Wolseley Ten. This car was amazingly well preserved when we acquired it a few years back.
What a lovely example of the Wolseley Ten, KPS. Amazingly preserved as you say, but am sure you have done your magic to add to its charm too. What details, wow! A perfect example also for all the big-marque patrons for a lesson in humble perfection!
Old 31st March 2010, 07:41   #41
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

[quote=vintagepoint5;1811689]Hi KPS, I think your Wolseley 10 has companion in Ooty Vintage Car, seems like this Wolseley also is a same model and black colour.

The Ooty car is clearly Wolseley 8 (W8). Look at the difference in the running board which clearly indicates the Wolseley 10 (W10) is much bigger than W8. The front bumper in W10 is one piece and larger and see tha gap from the bumper to grill. Another easy point is the crank hole. In the W10 the crank hole can be covered as it slides up and down in the grill and is rectangle in shape. In the W8 the crank hole is open and round in shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Dear PS.

That Wolsley is such a deligh to see, its absolutely amazing the condition it is in.

Should be in a museum.
Thanks Wasif, happy to share this through the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
What a lovely example of the Wolseley Ten, KPS. Amazingly preserved as you say, but am sure you have done your magic to add to its charm too. What details, wow!
Thanks Prabal. This is truely a very original car. The fuel tank still has the brass plate indicating its serial number and that it was manufactured by Morris Motors Ltd. The only thing which is not correct is that the sun roof is missing. The previous owner had welded close the sun roof and we did decided not to tamper with it. Recreating the sun roof would have been a major job considering we had no reference/example to study from

Cheers
Old 19th November 2010, 22:01   #42
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Just an update.

One thing missing in our other wise complete car were the trafficators. We were fortunate to grab the piece originally posted by ajay99 for sale. The price was shocking at first but when we realized it would cost more to imported the same, we went for it.

Here is a picture

Siddharth's Wolseley 14/60-dsc02856.jpg
Siddharth's Wolseley 14/60-dsc02857.jpg

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2011, 16:29   #43
BHPian

Re: Siddharth's Wolseley 14/60

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddd View Post
Folks,
I am new to this forum and have a Wolseley 14/60 which has been in our family since it was imported to India. For pictures, history and more details please visit:

The Classic Wolseley restored by Siddharth Swarup

Feel free to contact me in case you want to take or give more information on the car for restoring or other purposes.
The above link is no longer working. I have updated the site with new pictures and hosted it here:

The Classic Wolseley restored by Siddharth Swarup

Awaiting your comments.
Old 4th February 2011, 19:08   #44
BHPian

Lovely car. Very well preserved.
Old 23rd May 2011, 10:32   #45

Such lovely Wolseley cars in there. Looks really great.

Just need one information. What would be the current market price of a Wolseley 8/10 of the 1940's stable. A fair range or an approximation would do.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks