Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2010, 01:14   #646
Senior - BHPian

FCCH Day Out

Today FCCH Executive Committee decided to meet for a quick update on the club's activities and future plans.
Before this,myself and Shiva went to check out Suren's Elegant and it was there shining under the sun.
Shiva revved up the black beauty and the noise was awesome.The pic shows shiva engrossed into the Engine bay of the Elegant.

FCCH has received a very interesting proposal where one of the Fiat owners wants FCCH to entirely maintain the car (with whose funds is being discussed).This is a 1983 Premier Padmini.I will soon post pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-dsc00011.jpg  

Last edited by hillram : 5th June 2010 at 01:16.
Old 5th June 2010, 08:48   #647
Senior - BHPian

Ram bhai the elegant has come out very good. It seems the headlights are from a padmini. BTW are you going to maintain or fully restore the 1983 Padmini. Do share some detailed pics of the car.
Old 5th June 2010, 12:51   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
BTW are you going to maintain or fully restore the 1983 Padmini. Do share some detailed pics of the car.
Sagar Bhai..I have just seen the pics of the 83 PP and it seems to be in good condition.I will have to physically go and take a look at the car before deciding anything.
Old 5th June 2010, 13:26   #649
Senior - BHPian

Maintain by FCCH??? Why? is the owner not willing continue the car with him or he wants it to be driven by FCCH members. I didn't get the whole thing.
Old 5th June 2010, 15:32   #650
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 8th June 2010 at 16:43.
Cyberdoctorind is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th June 2010, 19:42   #651
Senior - BHPian

Shiva,Bala...when will you catch on to my vision for FCCH,if you cant get the basics.
Most of the Fiat owners want to dispose off their beauties as they want to upgrade to Santros or Ritz.Obviously they have parking constraint for 2 cars.
This owner got hooked to FCCH and wants to donate the car to FCCH and let us drive it while he maintains it.He comes to the meets to see his car and rejoice his ownership,while FCCH (which is myself) will enjoy another Fiat PP ride.
Old 5th June 2010, 19:46   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Shiva,Bala...when will you catch on to my vision for FCCH,if you cant get the basics.
Most of the Fiat owners want to dispose off their beauties as they want to upgrade to Santros or Ritz.Obviously they have parking constraint for 2 cars.
This owner got hooked to FCCH and wants to donate the car to FCCH and let us drive it while he maintains it.He comes to the meets to see his car and rejoice his ownership,while FCCH (which is myself) will enjoy another Fiat PP ride.
Oh Sorry, I should have elaborated in the first place to Bala's post. We have discussed this yesterday. I think I should leave being Lazy to be able to elaborate
Old 5th June 2010, 20:35   #653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Great piece of information sir. This is what is called the positive impact. In addition to that the owner is willing to keep the car at his own expense. Do share some pictures of this car. So one more car saved from being scrapped.
Old 6th June 2010, 12:04   #654
Senior - BHPian

Yet another Premier Padmini joined FCCH yesterday as i accidentally bumped into this car parked on the road and waited for about 30 mins to meet the owner.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-dsc00004.jpg  

Old 6th June 2010, 15:46   #655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got it Ram in the first instance but was not sure so I seeked calification. No issues. So we have a dedicated FCCH car. Why not we decale with big FCCH logo and some FCCH along with full form on the sides i.e., on the doors so when ever a event takes place we need not define the crowd what is it all about. Please comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdoctorind View Post
Oh Sorry, I should have elaborated in the first place to Bala's post. We have discussed this yesterday. I think I should leave being Lazy to be able to elaborate
That is absolutely fine Shiva, I got the message however not sure so I posted the comment. Good to know some people think the way this gentlemen thought by giving the car to us.

Ram while you cherish the car, do we get the chance to hop in you car's rear seat as i very rarely get opportunity to sit infact I've never experienced back seat journey in FIAT.
Old 6th June 2010, 16:58   #656
Senior - BHPian

Today was fun! I had to go to Golkonda Army Canteen and had experencied the fun which we should be having on the event. Just to give an overview the roads are simply superb wide and clean starting from the Sangam temple though I haven't tried the Gandipet road but presuming it should be the same out there. Hope temperature comes down soon so we can rise up for the fun.
Old 6th June 2010, 22:32   #657
BANNED

Recently I saw a Gray Premier Padmini Standard near my house with number AP 28(Tirupati?) in old black number plates.

The car looked mint and completely stock (Sunax tail lights looked like new!). The best part of the car is its driven just 9000kms! I hope this PP lives Long!
Old 6th June 2010, 23:48   #658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Ram while you cherish the car, do we get the chance to hop in you car's rear seat as i very rarely get opportunity to sit infact I've never experienced back seat journey in FIAT.
Bala,its a dream for me to sit in the back seat of my cars too,something that i never achieved since Im always behind the wheel.
But i can surely chauffer you in my Fiat one day !!!
Old 7th June 2010, 00:32   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bala,its a dream for me to sit in the back seat of my cars too,something that i never achieved since Im always behind the wheel.
But i can surely chauffer you in my Fiat one day !!!
So do I for you RAM. It would be a honour and previlege for me to have you in my car and I hope you would love to hop in my Appu someday. What about the Idea of decaling the FCCH car?
Old 7th June 2010, 01:35   #660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
What about the Idea of decaling the FCCH car?
Somehow i want to leave my Fiats undecaled,even if it FCCH logo.
The FCCH sticker on the front glass shield is adequate,esp if you stick a white paper from inside on the sticker,it looks stellar and whole world can see the logo.Try it on ur APPU after the restoration.Ofc your Padmini has FCCH sticker already.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks