Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2010, 14:18   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My 1956 Fiat Millecento - A learning experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai3033 View Post
I actually wanted to share one small experience with the wheel discs of this car which I had mentioned to Shyam and Shiva when they had come to see my car in Chennai. As you all know Millecento wheel discs are similar to Selects except for the perforations. Since it was difficult to get those kind of discs here I picked up the Select ones and had the holes closed. But the flip side is the welding cost is more than the cost of the discs.
That's a damn neat idea, and well executed too. Colour should be beige.

Point to note though - there should be slim ventilation slits along the inner rim just like earlier Ambys. I suppose with our low usage brake cooling shouldn't be too much of an issue.
Old 8th December 2010, 18:01   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I agree a superb idea, however I would still try to ventilate the rims if possible, should'nt be too tough you seem to be on to some good metal workers.

Here is some reference Karl sent me ages ago
Attached Thumbnails
My 1956 Fiat Millecento - A learning experience!-correct.jpg  

Old 8th December 2010, 19:07   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post

Point to note though - there should be slim ventilation slits along the inner rim just like earlier Ambys. I suppose with our low usage brake cooling shouldn't be too much of an issue.
Karl thats the primer before the wheels were painted and as you rightly said since the usage is low I didnt bother about the ventilation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post

Here is some reference Karl sent me ages ago
Thanks Mole for the picture.
Old 2nd August 2012, 11:12   #49

The car looks absolutely great ! All the hard work shows. Maybe you can try sourcing white wall tires... As that would surely add to its already restored class...

My friend has a 1964 Super Select and is still in great condition. I can find out where he got them from.
Old 6th September 2016, 01:55   #50
BHPian

Jai, I just came across this thread. It was a nostalgic feel for me reading it after couple of years. How is your car running. Can you please update with some pics of her.
Old 11th September 2016, 10:14   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Was it then part of the erstwhile Bombay presidency?

And jai, how about a little comprehensive write-up on the restoration process done on your milli?? Kind of like what is being posted with respect to your Herald?
BYA & BYB were registration series in Ahmedabad before the Gujarat state was carved out of Bombay Presidency, circa 1960.
Old 11th September 2016, 10:22   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
As you said Millecento means Eleven Hundred.

Few corrections to what you have said:
First came the Fiat 1100 Mllecento, then in 1956 came the Fiat 1100 Elegant.

1959 came the Fiat 1100 Select and in 1962 came the Fiat 1100 Super Select.

1965 to 1972 came the Fiat 1100 Delight(Same shape as Padmini).

For little over a year came the Premier President in 1973.

Then came the Premier Padmini in 1975 till 1997.

All the cars till Delight were Fiat 1100 Series cars.

This is what I have learnt from Fiat Gurus in Team Bhp.
I beg to differ, Sir.
The model following the Elegant was again named the Millecento, with the Super Select rear boot design. This had a Millecento badging on the rear boot lid. It had a pull starter, and a 90 mpl strip "milometer". The boot lock was similar to the original Millicento (& perhaps even the Elegant) The side indicator repeaters were "fish shaped", as against round ones on the Elegant & none on the first Millecento.
In 1962, the Fiat 110 Delight came, & was the same in all respects except the starter was in the ignition key, the dickey lock was the "push" type, and the speedometer was a 140 Kmpl strip type.
19963/1964 the Super Select was introduced with the front window split with a quaterlight, & I think with round indicatior repeaters (I am not sure of this fact !)
Old 11th September 2016, 17:28   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shramik View Post
I beg to differ, Sir.
The model following the Elegant was again named the Millecento, with the Super Select rear boot design. This had a Millecento badging on the rear boot lid. It had a pull starter, and a 90 mpl strip "milometer". The boot lock was similar to the original Millicento.
Sharmik, do you have any pictures of the select with Millicent badging. Any serial number range. We know that the the features / specific parts of one model were carried till stock last on the next models. Like few early selects had drum type air filters and screw on fuel lid. Later Ines had flat air filters with twist cap. All selects had miles on speedometer and with Super selects did we had the KM reading.
Old 11th September 2016, 18:06   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Sharmik, do you have any pictures of the select with Millicent badging. Any serial number range. We know that the the features / specific parts of one model were carried till stock last on the next models. Like few early selects had drum type air filters and screw on fuel lid. Later Ines had flat air filters with twist cap. All selects had miles on speedometer and with Super selects did we had the KM reading.
I can easily remember (this was 1959/1960 !!!) that the air filter was the older drum type, but the 1962 had the flat type !
No pictures exist.
The speedometer on the '59 Millicento was in miles, but the later '62 was in Kmph.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks