Restoration: 1950 Morris Minor Convertible-20160608photo00006001.jpg
Sripati in action.
Restoration: 1950 Morris Minor Convertible-20160603photo00005806.jpg
The team responsible for the restoration

Restoration: 1950 Morris Minor Convertible-20160603photo00005808.jpg

Restoration: 1950 Morris Minor Convertible-20160603photo00005809.jpg

Restoration: 1950 Morris Minor Convertible-20160603photo00005811.jpg

Restoration: 1950 Morris Minor Convertible-20160603photo00005812.jpg
The car was taken apart and rebuilt once again. The gearbox was overhauled as had taken in water. A new head gasket installed, brake shoes and wheel cylinders replaced, apart from body work , painting etc;
The beauty of the Morris Minor is the simplicity of things- mechanically only absolute bare necessities. No extra fluff!.
brat001 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 09:16   #107
Senior - BHPian

Re: Restoration: 1950 Morris Minor Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat001 View Post
It was removed from Pavans place as work and progress was rather unsatisfactory.After 4 years and a lot of money down the drain, not much had really happened.
I know good restorations don't have deadlines, but a simple car like the Morris should not take 4 years for sure, unless it was completely rotten and every panel had to be fabricated from scratch.

Quote:
These are a few pics once the car came back to me from Pavans place.
And to think that he had posted comments which made it look like the door handles were the only things left to fix! Shocking to say the least. Was wondering when he had posted pictures where the paint was scraped off to fix the door handle, how one could just scrape paint off a newly painted car! Just looking at the state of the car (even some random sticker pasted on the front fender) shows absolute disrespect he had towards the car.

Quote:
The car was taken apart and rebuilt once again. The gearbox was overhauled as had taken in water.
Unsurprisingly, Pavan had only bad things to say about Mr. Sripati earlier in the forum.

I know there are many friends and fans of Pavan Kadam on this forum and I don't even know him personally. But every single time I went through one of his restoration threads, all I could see was the sub-standard jobs being done and a classic automobile being ruined. I don't expect many people to agree with this, as he is touted as the messiah of classic cars, and I really don't care. Apart from the claims of originality and what not, all I can see are local garage level jobs or even worse.

The car looks lovely now. Hope it stays that way.
Viju is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 15:31   #108
Senior - BHPian

Wow nice to see this car back to glory. I see what nature can do if the car is left un-cared for. One more vehicle saved from rusting.

I would have loved a cream / beige color roof on this one tough.
manishalive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 17:16   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Wow nice to see this car back to glory. I see what nature can do if the car is left un-cared for. One more vehicle saved from rusting.

I would have loved a cream / beige color roof on this one tough.
, I like the cream/beige canvas for the soft top too, though its more difficult to maintain long term.

Last edited by ajmat : 10th June 2016 at 09:53. Reason: Lets keep this more factual
Old 9th June 2016, 17:29   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sometimes its the "human" nature that causes more damage than nature itself.
Dear Brat001 - hello to you. In my opinion, it is not "sometimes" it is "everytime"! You seem to have gone through more than your fair share of frustrations that you are "expected to go through", when you become crazy enough to actually restore a classic car! I am in this "biradari", so I know! I still don't have an answer why I go through it again and again, everytime assuring myself that this would be the last time! .

Now that the thing is done to the very good level it shows in the photographs (the team has done a very nice job), please use it and enjoy it!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 17:55   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post

Now that the thing is done to the very good level it shows in the photographs (the team has done a very nice job), [u]please use it and enjoy it!
Absolutely right, here's a fantastic account of a similar Moggie driven nearly 13 thousand miles on a trip around Australia, very entertaining.
http://www.morrisminor.com/AroundAustralia/
boeuff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 19:01   #112

Dear Brat001 - Amazing job done. All is well that ends well !!!!. Just curious to know if the the convertible is reasonably water tight during the rains, pressure wash etc. Is the floor carpeted? Would you be able to share the google map location of Sripathi's workshop and / or his contact details. Thanks in advance.
Old 9th June 2016, 22:55   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Brat001 - hello to you. In my opinion, it is not "sometimes" it is "everytime"! You seem to have gone through more than your fair share of frustrations that you are "expected to go through", when you become crazy enough to actually restore a classic car! I am in this "biradari", so I know! I still don't have an answer why I go through it again and again, everytime assuring myself that this would be the last time! .

Now that the thing is done to the very good level it shows in the photographs (the team has done a very nice job), please use it and enjoy it!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Look like all of us here are being literally made to pay for our sins!
Old 10th June 2016, 09:49   #114
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod

Lets focus on the car restoration. We cannot allow a battle and since Pavan has been banned , he cannot put his viewpoint across. We cannot permit proxy fighting and we cannot allow imbalanced arguments
ajmat is offline   (10) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks