Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2010, 15:09   #1081
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Bangalore boys - do you know this rare 72 Delight?

Attachment 285939

Flickr Photo Download: Fiat 1100
Not sure about this car.

Arun, Arun, Arun, Arun have you spotted this car yet? If not, how in Bangalore could you have missed?

@Karl. Why is this one rare, please throw more light on this.

Last edited by funkykar : 11th February 2010 at 15:11.
Old 11th February 2010, 16:32   #1082
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
So my request is: Who amongst the veterans of car restorers should this car be handed over to?

Secondly, is this car worth a restoration?
If there is attachment to the car, definitely restore it. It is rough, but it also isn't mandatory when you restore a car that you should have it in concours condition. Maybe Pavan Kadam can guide you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
@Karl. Why is this one rare, please throw more light on this.
The last of the Delights in 1972 sported a one piece black speedo and steel hubcaps, identical to President units but with FIAT script on them, as is visible in this car.
Old 12th February 2010, 10:41   #1083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

I have a request on behalf of a friend's uncle. This car is a single owner and is in desperate need of attention. I understood that the car is standing around in Mangalore, but the *Uncle* in question is keen to take her wherever required in Karnataka to get her back to Full and Former glory.

So my request is: Who amongst the veterans of car restorers should this car be handed over to?

There are lot of good people in Bangalore capable of restoring the old ones. However difficult would be to source original / repro parts and going by the pictures a lot needs to be done. I would suggest you go through some of the Fiat restoration threads to gauge the amount of work required.

All,

I did some photoshoping to check on the color schemes for the Select. Opinion's are welcomed.

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-1.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-2.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-3.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-4.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-5.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-6a.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-6b.jpg
Old 12th February 2010, 12:00   #1084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
I was very curious to know the mileage on my car after all this. Sujith came late evening and we started with a liter of petrol in a can. It gave an astonishing mileage of 14kms. We drove 2kms in heavy traffic, 2kms in typical traffic, 4-5 kms in moderate traffic and rest we might have averagely cruised. I expect it to give 18-20kmpl on the highways. A not well tuned carb itself had returned me 18kmpl when we tested during our Mysore trip(Me, Arun, Suji, S1 and Suji's CAP)

Thanks Sujith, for making it all the way till my place just for doing this. Especially since u came that far in my RX that alomost gives 30% more mileage than my S1.

I am really feeling more excited to drive my S1 now. It truely now feels like a AVL engine
Dear Funkykar- Why did you not change the linkages too to rod linkages. the response is direct and no lag is felt. My experience in way back in 2003, but feels like yesterday. Not to mention the carb i fitted had a 110 jet. I later came back to 102 but it ran good.

Regarding the mileage, I truly believe such figures are possible. After all who do you think was the project engineer for the S1 ?? I have done a bottle test with my overhauled engine, 100kms done. On an open stretch+light traffic it gave me 13 kmpl.(curious just the way you are) Incident to be mentioned, I have once done 60 kms in 4.07 litres of fuel in medium traffic.

S1 wins once again!!

Last edited by kavesh55 : 12th February 2010 at 12:06.
Old 12th February 2010, 12:56   #1085
BANNED

Quote:
Guys,

I have a request on behalf of a friend's uncle. This car is a single owner and is in desperate need of attention. I understood that the car is standing around in Mangalore, but the *Uncle* in question is keen to take her wherever required in Karnataka to get her back to Full and Former glory.

Nice car Venky.

Since when is that you've taken interests on ON ROAD BEAUTIES?

Apart from few things that i notice, Aaal izz wellll with that Fiat.

1) Get back to the original steering wheel.
2) Change over to the original Head lights and tail light assembly.
3) Get both the bumpers
4) Change the meter console
5) ORVM's
6) Liscense plate lights, (not too sure of that, fiat guys would be better here).
7) Hope the original grille is safe.

Attend to the above things and you dont even need to paint the car, a bit of touchup will take the car to a different level alltogether.

This car is restorable and is an easy task. Not to fret , again "Aaal izzz welll"

Best of luck.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 12th February 2010 at 13:02.
Old 12th February 2010, 13:15   #1086
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Nice car Venky.

Since when is that you've taken interests on ON ROAD BEAUTIES?

Apart from few things that i notice, Aaal izz wellll with that Fiat.

1) Get back to the original steering wheel.
2) Change over to the original Head lights and tail light assembly.
3) Get both the bumpers
4) Change the meter console
5) ORVM's
6) Liscense plate lights, (not too sure of that, fiat guys would be better here).
7) Hope the original grille is safe.

Attend to the above things and you dont even need to paint the car, a bit of touchup will take the car to a different level alltogether.

This car is restorable and is an easy task. Not to fret , again "Aaal izzz welll"

Best of luck.
Only if all the bits are available off hand .
Old 12th February 2010, 13:26   #1087
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Only if all the bits are available off hand .
If you search you'll even find GOD

On a serious note. These parts are available if searched around.

I go and get VW parts of much older vintage just off the shelf. Why cant we get a Fiat part.

I know its not easy as i say, but certainly can get hold of these parts.
Old 12th February 2010, 13:27   #1088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
Dear Funkykar- Why did you not change the linkages too to rod linkages. the response is direct and no lag is felt. My experience in way back in 2003, but feels like yesterday. Not to mention the carb i fitted had a 110 jet. I later came back to 102 but it ran good.

Regarding the mileage, I truly believe such figures are possible. After all who do you think was the project engineer for the S1 ?? I have done a bottle test with my overhauled engine, 100kms done. On an open stretch+light traffic it gave me 13 kmpl.(curious just the way you are) Incident to be mentioned, I have once done 60 kms in 4.07 litres of fuel in medium traffic.

S1 wins once again!!
I did not opt for the rod type as many told quite some modification is rdequired and they termed it as unnecessary. I actually bought the rod type system from scrap and lying at my house. I will consider a change over if I have any issues with the acceleration. By the way, I believe the lag was due to some tuning issue/shaft issue and not the cable itself.

Yeah, I got to know a lot more about the S1 when we met Behram sir couple of weeks ago. Got to know that the cam is different and so is the distributer. He too appreciated my going to the old Solex. 60 in 4 liters in medium traffic is awesome. Whats the highway mileage you are getting? Mine was 36kms for 2 liter petrol when we checked long back when we went to Mysore. After the recent tuneup, I havent yet checked. I will be doing 400kms odd tomorrow in my S1. I will check the highway mileage with a bottle tomorrow and let you know.

I agree. S1 surely is a winner! There is a hell of a difference between the stock and old type carb. As soon as I put the old type, car behaved atleast 30% better.

By the way, when did you over haul the engine? What are the things you got done?
Old 12th February 2010, 13:29   #1089
Senior - BHPian

Kavesh55: Some pics of your S1
Old 12th February 2010, 13:38   #1090
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - recently I brought BLL4919 running on a perfectly set up Mikuni (Kavesh will vouch for it, he was with me in the car from Mumvai to Lonavla) from Nasik to Mumbai. I then took it from Mumbai to Lonavla, came back from Lonavla to Mumbai and then went around Mumbai, totalling around 370 kms in 1000 rupees worth of petrol. Consider 20 litres (50 rupees a litre), I got 18.5 kmpl. Not bad for a normal use car. This amazes you? There is a catch. Can you find out?

BLL4919 is not S1 engine. It is a production engine with the the Mikuni, the S1 exhaust system and the S1 flywheel. It runs 3.9:1 axle ratio.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Last edited by DHABHAR.BEHRAM : 12th February 2010 at 13:39. Reason: addinfo
Old 12th February 2010, 14:09   #1091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
If you search you'll even find GOD

On a serious note. These parts are available if searched around.

I go and get VW parts of much older vintage just off the shelf. Why cant we get a Fiat part.

I know its not easy as i say, but certainly can get hold of these parts.
Pawan Saar,

Oh then can you help me in getting or telling where to search for some hard to find parts for my Fiat. I will be oblidged.
Old 12th February 2010, 14:24   #1092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pawan Saar,

Oh then can you help me in getting or telling where to search for some hard to find parts for my Fiat. I will be oblidged.
What more parts you need?

When are you starting the restoration of 4142? I think you better send it back to your hometown and request your dad to get it restored. You seem too busy in B'lore.
Old 12th February 2010, 14:25   #1093
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear all - recently I brought BLL4919 running on a perfectly set up Mikuni (Kavesh will vouch for it, he was with me in the car from Mumvai to Lonavla) from Nasik to Mumbai. I then took it from Mumbai to Lonavla, came back from Lonavla to Mumbai and then went around Mumbai, totalling around 370 kms in 1000 rupees worth of petrol. Consider 20 litres (50 rupees a litre), I got 18.5 kmpl. Not bad for a normal use car. This amazes you? There is a catch. Can you find out?

BLL4919 is not S1 engine. It is a production engine with the the Mikuni, the S1 exhaust system and the S1 flywheel. It runs 3.9:1 axle ratio.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Behramji,

Is the car having a 118 NE Box - the 3.9:1 axle ratio seem to suggest that and hence the good 18.5 kmpl.

Also I think the conversion to Mikuni has bee done the "right way"

I always look forward to your posts.

Best Regards & Drive Ride Safe

Ram
Old 12th February 2010, 15:06   #1094
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
What more parts you need?

When are you starting the restoration of 4142? I think you better send it back to your hometown and request your dad to get it restored. You seem too busy in B'lore.
Tail Lights.

Air box

Air duct

Choke knob

Original head lights

Ignition Coil

Toggle Switches

Combination switch (headlight and indicators)

Fuse Box

and many more small small bits .

Today @ 5 kumar has promised to come and have a look (infact he only called). So things are on their way. We will meet tomorrow morning if you are free.

Last edited by manishalive : 12th February 2010 at 15:08.
Old 12th February 2010, 15:41   #1095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tail Lights.

Air box

Air duct

Choke knob

Original head lights

Ignition Coil

Toggle Switches

Combination switch (headlight and indicators)

Fuse Box

and many more small small bits .

Today @ 5 kumar has promised to come and have a look (infact he only called). So things are on their way. We will meet tomorrow morning if you are free.

I guess you need to start your resto with whatever available parts you have. For the ones you dont have, may be you should put a compatible Padmini part and replace when you get the original one later.

Goog to hear that you are almost getting started. By the way, who is this Kumar?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks