Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2010, 23:07   #2146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
^^^
Thanks mehul.

You are a Distinguished member of FCB. Nobody can beat your passion for Fiats. Hats off to you on success of your site - www.Premierpadmini.webs.com.

Today Arun requested Bhaskar to speak few words about you and your site. Bhaskar was introduced to FCB by you. We are really greatful to you. We discussed for about ten minutes about your passion for Fiats and also about FCK.

I SERIOUSLY wish you attend our next FCB meet.
Thanks for the appreciation, the credit goes to all the members of the site, without there support it was not possible for me continue Fiatism. I take this oppurtunity for thanking all the members and critics of the site.

Special Thanks to Arun and Bhasker for there daily dose of Fiatism.
Old 1st August 2010, 23:59   #2147
BHPian

oh Mehul is Mehul Fiatwa not kuruwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehul1100 View Post
Thanks for the appreciation, the credit goes to all the members of the site, without there support it was not possible for me continue Fiatism. I take this oppurtunity for thanking all the members and critics of the site.

Special Thanks to Arun and Bhasker for there daily dose of Fiatism.
mehul is a true FIAT fan. He is really fantastic and helpful guy. He was really scraping/SMSng and talking to me everyday when my car heating problem persisted for long time. And then of course one more FIAT guru Arun introduced me to FCCH leader Ramgaru and finally he gave me a solution.
Here is one good news that Mehul will be in Hyd on 14-16 Aug'10 for attending familiy function. I am inviting him to attend FCCH meet on 15th Aug. And I hope definately he'l find some to time to come to Necklace road to see all his Hyderabadi beauties. So Mehul I'l be there to pick you up at kacheguda in my Padmini at sharp 08:30am. Be ready and after 10:30 attend family function.
Old 2nd August 2010, 01:11   #2148
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Funkycar, Mr Venkatesh's car is indeed treat to the eyes. I can't believe some one can treat with so much intrest. Nice work and I liked the concept of the numberplate with a chrome stripe work at the rear, wow interiors and seat is so plush, awesome job. Inspiring me to do something on this lines to my Padmini.
Old 2nd August 2010, 06:29   #2149
Senior - BHPian

Mr. Devendra!

Here I am posting some information about Mr. Dev and few pics of Mr. Dev's Select.

This Select was bought by Dev from Bangalore from TVS on Jan 21st 1961. He says that the Select had "Eleven Hundred" on the grill but lost it over the years.

He is a Mechanical engineer from BMS College, Bangalore. He is 76 years old now. He is known to many vintage car owners in Bangalore including Tonrag. His son is a hotelier. He used to run a garage in a post locality of Bangalore and only high profile dignitories, mainly from Govt. of Karnataka, Maharajas etc were his customers.

He owned a lot of vintage cars until 2003 when he had to vacate the leased land of the garage. He was forced to sell many of his cars at throw away prices and sadly some cars were stolen too.

I think during this time, his Select was also for sale which Karl had pointed out few months back. He now gifted this Select to his daughter in law who sponsored him for the Select restoration. He had lots of vintage spares and with lot of regression he had to fill them in gunny bags and gave it off to the scrapyard. He says he was literally in tears when he closed down his garage.

He has immense knowledge on Classic cars through his four decades of experience with old cars.

Due to his bad health he could not drive to any of our Meets till date. So Arun offered him to be the chauffeur for the day. Dev was really overwhelmed by the FCB meet.

Thanks Mr. Dev for making it to the meet. Hope you have a good life ahead.

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dev-ans-ismail.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09831.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09832.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09833.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09834.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09934.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09935.jpg
Old 2nd August 2010, 07:18   #2150
Senior - BHPian

Hello All:-

Hope all of you liked the detail report of Aug 1st Meet.

Thanks to karthik M.B, Sujith Thomas and Arun Srinivasan for helping me in water marking, re sizing and uploading pics in FCB Website and Team Bhp.

We are really happy to see more number of people eager to buy a Padmini. Its the right time to buy and restore one.

We are welcome for more suggestions from fellow FIATians to help us save more FIATs!

As more and more FIATians are joining FCB through our Club Website, we are expanding our Club website in a big way. Hope it will be ready in the next few weeks.

Here are the links to FCB website.
1. FIAT 1100 CLUB, Bangalore Part 1.

2. FIAT 1100 CLUB, Bangalore Part 2.

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09918.jpg

Name:  DSC09919.JPG
Views: 915
Size:  130.0 KB

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09920.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09772.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09773.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09778.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09779.jpg
Old 2nd August 2010, 08:10   #2151
BHPian

Really nice, wish I was there but am out of town due to a family medical situation.

I would love to get the FCB stickers, perhaps next time.

Cheers,
Old 2nd August 2010, 08:55   #2152
Senior - BHPian

Another good thing that happened yesterday was FCB provided all the members with information on where spare parts are available and whom to contact for parts in Gujari. We gave everyone the contact number of Nadeem. He is the primary guy who breaks most of the Fiats. Myself and Arun has got various parts and we maintain a very good rapport with him. Anyone who did not note his number down yesterday, here it is: 98450 80113
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:51   #2153
Senior - BHPian

Some random pics of white angels.

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09894.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09905.jpg

Name:  DSC09907.JPG
Views: 886
Size:  155.6 KB

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09901.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09902.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09903.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09830.jpg
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:08   #2154
BHPian

Sunday FCB Meet

To all FCBians,

It was a pleasure to meet all the FCBians and a special thanks to Karthik and Arun for the tremendous effort.

It was as if I had taken a step back in time seeing all these old beauties and the passion each of the owner has for his/her Fiat was just awesome.

Even my 11 year old daughter who accompanied me to the meet was smitten by the Fiats, her vote was for Mr.Venkatesh's white Fiat, which was attention to detail personified.

Hoping to find a good example in the days to come to keep the Fiat flame live and kicking from my end.

Cheers,
Sats
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:19   #2155
BHPian

Quote:
FCBian Irshad's Padmini.

Whats unique with this car?? It has a Maruti Gypsy 1.0 Engine! Mr. Irshad now wants to put in a Versa 1.3 engine!

Shyam: Some news for you again.. he he.. Mr. Irshad owns a pristine Red/white combo Herald! Not sure of the regn of it. I will try to get some pics for you.
He was suggesting FCB to expand even for other Indian cars like Standard and HM. But, I hope a SCB(not Standard Chartered Bank) is started soon!

Attachment 397283

Attachment 397282

Attachment 397284
This car takes the cake for mechanical innovation with regards to the 1.0Ltr Gypsy engine transplant that was done on it almost 10 years back.
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:24   #2156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sats View Post
This car takes the cake for mechanical innovation with regards to the 1.0Ltr Gypsy engine transplant that was done on it almost 10 years back.

If a Versa engine is plonked, that would take some effort. Yester dacades, the easiest of the mods were plonking a diesel engine, Gypsy 1000 CC and 118 NE engines. When I was speaking to my mechanic, he too acknowledged it was pretty easy.
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:31   #2157
BHPian

Quote:
If a Versa engine is plonked, that would take some effort. Yester dacades, the easiest of the mods were plonking a diesel engine, Gypsy 1000 CC and 118 NE engines. When I was speaking to my mechanic, he too acknowledged it was pretty easy.

I have had the opportunity to see couple of these conversions in a select with the once famous Jaya Diesel engines from Coimbatore and some Daihatsu 1.0 ltr diesel engines with and with out turbo's, with amazing performance and fuel efficiency about 8 - 10 years back

Last edited by sats : 2nd August 2010 at 16:32.
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:34   #2158
Senior - BHPian

^ Thats right. I too have seen several dieselised Fiats and 118NEs running on Toyota diesel engines. They are very reliable and fuel efficient, however they are very noisy. Even the FNM engines on 138D and 1.37D of 118 NE are very very fuel efficient, again noisy.
Old 2nd August 2010, 20:18   #2159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvkale2 View Post
mehul is a true FIAT fan. He is really fantastic and helpful guy. He was really scraping/SMSng and talking to me everyday when my car heating problem persisted for long time. And then of course one more FIAT guru Arun introduced me to FCCH leader Ramgaru and finally he gave me a solution.
Here is one good news that Mehul will be in Hyd on 14-16 Aug'10 for attending familiy function. I am inviting him to attend FCCH meet on 15th Aug. And I hope definately he'l find some to time to come to Necklace road to see all his Hyderabadi beauties. So Mehul I'l be there to pick you up at kacheguda in my Padmini at sharp 08:30am. Be ready and after 10:30 attend family function.
Thanks Narendra, It was my pleasure assisting you in your cars heating problem and learned many new things in this regard. Thanks for beliving in me and approaching for the same.

I love to attend the meet, once I reach Hyderabad I will call you and fix up the timings. I got invitation from Mr. Ram Kiran also for the meet.

I feel immense pleasure begin part of the Great Fiat Family. Hope I had this family long before when I had my first Padmini 86 model std.
Old 2nd August 2010, 20:29   #2160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here I am posting some information about Mr. Dev and few pics of Mr. Dev's Select.

This Select was bought by Dev from Bangalore from TVS on Jan 21st 1961. He says that the Select had "Eleven Hundred" on the grill but lost it over the years.
I remember having seen MYB 6767 for sale on ebay India a few years ago. Here's how she was then:

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-1100ebay.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-1100ebay2.jpg

I remember being awestruck at how original she was, thought then that she's definitely a 1-owner car. I was right! Good to see that Mr. Dev has retained the car!

'would be nicer if the numberplates still had the trademark Bengaluru stencil font though. But that's a minor thing compared to how the car is in general.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks