Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2010, 07:47   #1951
Senior - BHPian

We are just a hour away from the meet. This meet is happening after a few months after the anniversary meet. I am all excited and cant wait to get to the venue. Lot of pictures will be posted post noon.

@Mehul: Your S1 looks far more better and classy with the new FIAT logo. Happy to see you use it.

Last edited by funkykar : 4th July 2010 at 07:49.
Old 4th July 2010, 10:35   #1952
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
We are just a hour away from the meet. This meet is happening after a few months after the anniversary meet. I am all excited and cant wait to get to the venue. Lot of pictures will be posted post noon.

@Mehul: Your S1 looks far more better and classy with the new FIAT logo. Happy to see you use it.
Sadly, yet again i will be missing the Fiat meet, inspite of being fully prepared for this, i am still not able to get out of the Hangover of my Chennai trip yesteday.

Sorry guys.
Old 4th July 2010, 14:36   #1953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
I though you got the red colour between the Fiat badge, if I am wrong then sorry, I have my Delight Fiat Logo on the grille to be faded (the red colour) and I guess its not just the paint what you have it should be some other material which is used for Royal Enfield bikes badge aswell if thats the case then I dont know where its done.

Alright so you wanted more chrome on to your car. then when when you are restoring it get it painted in black and the side beadings chrome, bumpers as it is chrome, find some steel wheel caps, i love those which looks like the spokes one now you dont even find on the cars, wish to have them. Then you see your car will look stunner like the Army Ambassadors which are black and lot of chrome.

I like my PP to be a rally car with grille to be extended a little outside lets say a inch or so and then a mesh on it with black powder coat. I used to have a friend who had done this to his car which looked cool and I like it
Oh the logo was full chrome when Arun gave me, but I wanted to give some original touch, so I painted the red back ground behind the name Fiat.

If you want, I will get your logo painted same way, send me via courier I will paint it for you as well. It is not that easy to get perfection if explain you here how to paint.

My wheel caps are chrome only see the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-image0295.jpg  

Old 4th July 2010, 14:38   #1954
BHPian

[quote=Karthik1100;1965909]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehul1100 View Post

is that a white patch or glare below the headlight and above indicator?
It is just a reflective sticker, to add a question who ever sees it.
Old 4th July 2010, 14:43   #1955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post

Thanks Funkykar, the logo is not fitted yet, as the grill needs to be removed first and then replacing the ferrari logo, thats why the picture above is just half, soon will do and upload full foto of the grill with Fiat logo.

At present the logo is on my room shelf.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-35400_141270592550135_100000015867318_428708_554965_n.jpg  

Old 4th July 2010, 21:17   #1956
Senior - BHPian

Today's FCB Monsoon was a grand success! Over 30 cars came for the meet. 15+ cars choose to do the long drive and lunch. Some members decided to hop on to other FCB cars to have a nice time during the drive. 35 members were present for the lunch.

Key highlights of today's rally were:
- Many new cars and new faces.
- New location with ample space for 100's of cars.
- FCCH members attended the meet.
- Launch of FCB stickers.
- Jadson's JC Road parts shop owner attended.
- DRAGging with Fiats and NEs with 100's of onlookers.
- City Rally
- Drive to restaurant near new International Airport.
- Wing Commander Damodaran (aged 85+) ripping with his Fiat at speeds of 110-130KMPH (not posting videos as team-bhp doesnt encourage speeding). He was one fish that every member felt hard to catch. Arun as co-driver with him had his heart in his moment every second.

Oops! I forgot to mention one more thing. FCB is in the news again. An article about our club has appeared on DNA paper. Page 8. Its almost 3/4ths of a page.

Also, today, we had several folks from the Press come by. To name some, Deccan Herald, DNA, Sanje Vaani.

TV news coverage by Suvarna TV and TV9.

I always wonder how these guys get to know about our meets. Many thanks to RedBull for offering a complimentary drink to every member.

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th July 2010 at 20:46. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post. Thanks
Old 4th July 2010, 21:42   #1957
Senior - BHPian

Yet another historical day for FCB!

Its a funny thing about a Fiat 1100... There is a moment you know you want one, there is a moment you first own one and for the truely afflicted there is a decade or two that passes in owning one...

From its first days on road for over fifty five years ago, the Fiat 1100 has ignited the kind of passion in drivers that only a Fiat can

And now once again it is poised to redefine whats possible, introducing the Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore, it is quite simply the purest expression of who we are...!"

Thank you FCB members for a emotional and wonderful day!
Old 4th July 2010, 22:32   #1958
Senior - BHPian

Here is the article published in DNA paper: http://*******.com/fiatclubbangalore

Article written by Malavika Velayanikal. She had interviewed the founder members at Airlines hotel a few weeks back. She herself is a auto freak and her grandpa once owned a Millicento with a Kerala registration(dont remember). It was some Kxx 1.
Old 4th July 2010, 23:13   #1959
BHPian

FCCH meets FCB

Hi Guys,
It was really a memorable day for all of us. Nice to see almost 25+ FIATs. Driving skill of KarthikX2, Arun and others in drag race. It will be a good inspiration for Ramgaru, Shiva and me.
Though we could not bring our FIATs still I feel it was a good start for 'National level meets of all FIAT clubs'
And of course nice to meet all FIAT fans of Bangalore. Here are some photos which I'l like to upload.
Thanx for warm welcome and hospitality...............
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-fiat-046.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-fiat-029.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-fiat-030.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-fiat-024.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-fiat-031.jpg  

Old 4th July 2010, 23:30   #1960
Senior - BHPian

Aha Mehul! nice wheel cap, now I see why you like lots of chrome on your car. Nice wheel cap, period acessory, I love the one which used to come for super select, Amby Mark I & Mark II times a chrome wheel cap with spokes kind on the front and red back ground, thats what I was talking about a with lots of period acessories, its been never I saw one, I wish to see one someday.
Old 4th July 2010, 23:36   #1961
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Aha Mehul! nice wheel cap, now I see why you like lots of chrome on your car. Nice wheel cap, period acessory, I love the one which used to come for super select, Amby Mark I & Mark II times a chrome wheel cap with spokes kind on the front and red back ground, thats what I was talking about a with lots of period acessories, its been never I saw one, I wish to see one someday.
Here you go, I have posted this earlier

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc04248.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc04280.jpg
Old 5th July 2010, 02:01   #1962
Senior - BHPian

News 9 aired some of the footage from today's rally at Lalbagh. We couldnt record it. However, Sujith captured it from TV using his camera. Here is the video. Its not too good in quality. Sujith will get the original copy from News9 shortly through his network of contacts. Sorry about the quality of video

Old 5th July 2010, 09:02   #1963
BHPian

[quote=manishalive;1966865]Here you go, I have posted this earlier

Wow, wonderfull, its amazing that this wheels caps are been restored to there original after so long time.
Old 5th July 2010, 09:04   #1964
BHPian

[quote=funkykar;1967023]News 9 aired some of the footage from today's rally at Lalbagh. We couldnt record it. However, Sujith captured it from TV using his camera. Here is the video. Its not too good in quality. Sujith will get the original copy from News9 shortly through his network of contacts. Sorry about the quality of video

Another Golden bench mark in Fiat India history, great job done FCB, Congrates this call for a celebration, am I right guys?
Old 5th July 2010, 09:07   #1965
BHPian

[quote=manishalive;1966865]Here you go, I have posted this earlier

Attachment 380796

This car looks as if a bride just ready to go for her marriage, nicely maintained car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks