Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2010, 23:08   #1621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
Sagar, my own parents were behind me to sell our Padmini. They tried bribing me with a PALIO first, then PUNTO, both for which I disagreed. The fight used to turn ugly some times. Then we formed the club, they didn't know any thing, if when we came on the Media no one knew in my family. Except after the GREAT INDIAN OCTOBER FEST, when my relatives saw me in a picture on a News paper, my parents realized that I am damn serious and famous too !

JAI FIAT S.p.A
But now your family owns both the cars i.e. A fiat 1100 and a Punto. Must be a joyous moment for you seeing both the beauties parked together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
My parents still don't know that I bought another Padmini. I have told them that it belongs to Karthik Makam.

But these days they are doubting on me after seeing the extra care i take for 331. Today they saw the Live To Drive sticker on the rear windshield!
SO finally you paid the amount and transferred the papers. Don't worry your parents will come to know of your doings very shortly. Invest some more time and money on her to get my above statement corrected.
Old 25th April 2010, 23:14   #1622
BHPian

Thank god, i am lucky in this matter. My parents supported me in restoring my old car. but god is wise. he took my 1992 model padmini. i didn't give up, i bought another padmini with great difficulty. till people know we have a club and they see us in media, i had a hard time explaining why i like fiat. from neighbor to relatives, friends, family friends, everyone told that i am a mad that i bought an old car.
Old 26th April 2010, 00:12   #1623
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
But now your family owns both the cars i.e. A fiat 1100 and a Punto. Must be a joyous moment for you seeing both the beauties parked together.

I got THE BOLD(Fiat 1100), THE BEAUTIFUL(PUNTO), & THE UGLY(SANTRO) !

I don't really mean the last one, I respect Santro a lot. Appreciate the Korean for it.
Old 26th April 2010, 00:31   #1624
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 26th April 2010 at 18:25.
Karthik1100 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th April 2010, 00:51   #1625
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 26th April 2010 at 18:25.
Sujith1100 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th April 2010, 18:28   #1626
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Note from Support: This is NOT a chat thread. Please keep the discussion meaningful, and use the PM facility for casual off-topic posts.
Old 26th April 2010, 20:30   #1627
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Amazing pictures of our 331 Arun. If not for the tournament that I had to go for, my S1 too would have tagged along. I am very pleased to see her with you.

Great pics of the super select too. I missed meeting it! I will catch up next time around.

MMK is as usual a great icon for all of us. We need to learn from him on how to enjoy life to the fullest possible.
Old 26th April 2010, 21:14   #1628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Wow! Amazing pictures of our 331 Arun. If not for the tournament that I had to go for, my S1 too would have tagged along. I am very pleased to see her with you.
I want a photo shoot of as many FCB cars as possible in a good scenic location. Let the monsoon start in, we can go to some hill station then.

Quote:
MMK is as usual a great icon for all of us. We need to learn from him on how to enjoy life to the fullest possible.
Today I had been to MMK's house. He had requested some pics of him with his car. I gave 5 A3 size prints in 250gsm paper of his cars pics. Also gave him a pic of we guys partying with him along with Mallya's products during October Fest.

Also wrote "To Mr.MMK from FCB" on all the pics. I first time saw him being so emotional, after he saw the prints!
Old 26th April 2010, 22:17   #1629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I want a photo shoot of as many FCB cars as possible in a good scenic location. Let the monsoon start in, we can go to some hill station then.

Today I had been to MMK's house. He had requested some pics of him with his car. I gave 5 A3 size prints in 250gsm paper of his cars pics. Also gave him a pic of we guys partying with him along with Mallya's products during October Fest.

Also wrote "To Mr.MMK from FCB" on all the pics. I first time saw him being so emotional, after he saw the prints!

Monsoon or not, I ready to drive my S1 anywhere anytime. Do plan. I suggest GopalaSwamyBetta

Regarding MMK, I can imagine what the scene would have been like. We are more or less his best buddies. His passion for Fiats and FCB is never ending. I still couldnt catch up with his due to my busy schedule. Lets meet him again over the weekend
Old 27th April 2010, 00:29   #1630
Senior - BHPian

Happy Birthday to Arun 1100

FCCH wishes Arun Srinivasan (Arun 1100) many many Happy Returns of the Day.
Old 29th April 2010, 14:51   #1631
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Ram!

Time for next FCB meet!

Guys! I was thinking of a FCB Cricket tournament! Karthik Makam being a renowned cricket player, with his guidance we have have a One day Cricket tournament only for the members of FCB. Hows the idea?!

The purpose is to get all the FCB members together and get tanned under the sun. Just kidding.

But a tournament like this will be a nice change against the usual meets. So, it can be a Meet and Cricket together!
Old 29th April 2010, 15:08   #1632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ram!

Time for next FCB meet!

Guys! I was thinking of a FCB Cricket tournament! Karthik Makam being a renowned cricket player, with his guidance we have have a One day Cricket tournament only for the members of FCB. Hows the idea?!

The purpose is to get all the FCB members together and get tanned under the sun. Just kidding.

But a tournament like this will be a nice change against the usual meets. So, it can be a Meet and Cricket together!

Firstly, I no big cricketer. I am a sloppy fielder, batsman and bowler. My passion towards cricket is unlimited.

Yes, I would be happy to play cricket with FCBians. If many are interested, we can identify some ground to play cricket that should have ample space to park Fiats too
Old 29th April 2010, 15:30   #1633
Senior - BHPian

Fiat and Cricket....rhyms well infact.Good thought Arun.
Where are we on the Belgaum meet?
Old 29th April 2010, 15:45   #1634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Where are we on the Belgaum meet?
We are ever-ready! Are all your boys ready?
Waiting for B.D Sir and Team to reply us with a date.
Old 29th April 2010, 15:47   #1635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We are ever-ready! Are all your boys ready?
Waiting for B.D Sir and Team to reply us with a date.
FCB is go any time! Mumbai has to plan up as the monsoons are generally a bit harsher there. I hope Beharam sir comes up with some date which would be suitable for all clubs.

Last edited by funkykar : 29th April 2010 at 15:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks