Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2009, 00:32   #241

Roni, When are you getting those full white wall tires that you were talking about??
Old 7th July 2009, 00:47   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Roni, When are you getting those full white wall tires that you were talking about??
Once our FIAT 1100 collection is complete, otherwise every tyre we buy now, could get us short of an 1100.
Old 7th July 2009, 00:59   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Was curious to know what you owned. Guessed it'd be a Fiat. But the moment I clicked on this thread and seen the first pic I was like, okay another black Fiat. Then I clicked on the last page (Page 16) and was quite taken back. Very very beautifully done.

Where do you get the chrome-plating done from?!
Hey Gordon, thanks man !
Got the chrome plating done from a place called "Sai Leela" at Bhandup. PM me if you want the address. They have done a superb job, what remains to be seen is how long it lasts .
Old 7th July 2009, 01:09   #244
Senior - BHPian

Would be great if you post some close-up snaps of the plated parts. Moreover, whats the pricing like?!

I get my plating done from Jogeshwari SV Road. The guy does a very good job, but his prices are high.

Last edited by Gordon : 7th July 2009 at 01:10.
Old 7th July 2009, 01:30   #245
Senior - BHPian

Certainly will post close ups of the chrome work... in a couple of days maybe, schedule permitting .
They charged me Rs. 2 per square inch. That is, the circumference of the chromed part of the bumper x the length (in inches) x Rs. 2/-
How is the price ?!?
Old 7th July 2009, 01:34   #246
Senior - BHPian

Well the Jogeshwari guy just looks at the stuff I get, and quotes me directly. How much did the bumper plating cost you?!

Last edited by Gordon : 7th July 2009 at 01:37.
Old 7th July 2009, 01:49   #247
Senior - BHPian

Not sure, I can confirm the exact number, but approx a grand each, including the two overriders..
Old 7th July 2009, 02:11   #248
Senior - BHPian

It'd be great if you confirm. I was quoted Rs 600 for the Goldstar silencer for the Bullet, but he settled for Rs 450. For a set of fabricated levers and two simple rods, he charged me Rs 300.
Old 7th July 2009, 16:40   #249
Senior - BHPian

White Walled tyres are not available in most MRF shops in Bangalore :-(
Old 7th July 2009, 17:06   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Arun need your help in sourcing some Fiat Select parts in Bangalore, please give your contact info.
Old 31st July 2009, 15:53   #251
BHPian

Ravi,
A little late in the day, but as they say "der aaye durust aaye", thanks a ton for allowing me to drive your beauty. Loved the experience, the feel of the slim steering, the oh so smooth gear shift was superb! And the ogling of the car by fellow road users, made one feel really good. Compliments on the great restoration done.

Gautam
Old 3rd August 2009, 14:02   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
Ravi,
A little late in the day, but as they say "der aaye durust aaye", thanks a ton for allowing me to drive your beauty. Loved the experience, the feel of the slim steering, the oh so smooth gear shift was superb! And the ogling of the car by fellow road users, made one feel really good. Compliments on the great restoration done.

Gautam
Thank you Gautam sir, it's compliments like these which make the journey worth every bit . There's still a long way to go - work on the engine bay and interiors (seats et al) will begin post monsoon. Hoping to get clip wheels too by then - and hubcaps to go with them. As we said, "the journey begins.." !
Old 3rd August 2009, 20:28   #253
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
MRF Legend is made to order by the company. They are very courteous and can respond to your email seeking your choice of either a broad or slim white wall tyre.Please mention the car make and the size desired.Mail to them at:
mrfmktg@vsnl.com
I got my tyres within a month of my first mail to them.
Super Select hope the restoration work of your SS again gets going post monsoon. The car is in excellent shape right now even!
Old 3rd August 2009, 20:37   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
MRF Legend is made to order by the company. They are very courteous and can respond to your email seeking your choice of either a broad or slim white wall tyre.Please mention the car make and the size desired.Mail to them at:
mrfmktg@vsnl.com
I got my tyres within a month of my first mail to them.
Super Select hope the restoration work of your SS again gets going post monsoon. The car is in excellent shape right now even!

Well this is certainly new to me, do they make whitewall tires for cars other than Fiats and Ambassadors. I am looking for whitewalls for my lambretta and RoverP5 (well not whitewalls but atleast the correct size). I will write to them and give it a shot.
Old 3rd August 2009, 20:53   #255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Well this is certainly new to me, do they make whitewall tires for cars other than Fiats and Ambassadors. I am looking for whitewalls for my lambretta and RoverP5 (well not whitewalls but atleast the correct size). I will write to them and give it a shot.
I am not sure about your Rover and Lambretta but do give it a try by mailing them.Fiat/Premier and Landmaster / Ambassador white walled tyres are plentifully available for sure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks