Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2009, 12:25   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
I have a metal fan ------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
.......And I have a Magazine Holder for the BAck seat!!!
Ravi, lucky you. The Dhabhars have just offered both items to you. Anyways the metal fan they will never use as they didnt come in S1. The magazine net for the back seat is also useless to them as all their cars have S1 seats. Do pick them up soon.
Old 21st April 2009, 21:25   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Thanks gendarmee ! Hey do you have any pictures of your '59 select ?
Sadly, don't have any proper pics of the '59 one. have just 2 pics of it, taken for a court case after an accident. Post that on The mole's thread.

Quote:
All the chrome brightwork is starting to go up, and guys I think she's looking reeeel pretty .
Looking neat!
Old 21st April 2009, 21:27   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
Coming up great Super select.....

This forum itself is a great inspiration, making me to think to have one......

Great job, keep posting photo's
Le le re, girish, ek super select le le re !

@ karl - hey the interiors are untouched as of now, will start work on them as soon as I have all the required items ready. Only the roof has been done in white. The current seats and door panels are blue already, which makes it good !

@ behram - Sir, I would LOVE to have that metal fan. Tell me when and where, I'll pick it up !!

@ cyrus - Cyroo, the mag holder net is priceless. I want ! I want ! (truly lucky me !)

@ gendarmee - Thanks pal ! May the fiat brotherhood grow ..

Last edited by SuperSelect : 21st April 2009 at 21:29.
Old 22nd April 2009, 07:21   #184
BHPian

Quote:
@ John - Thanks a ton ! Yes, WBF-1 has been a huge inspiration. (Or is it that Architects think alike ?).
There is a driver's door locking handle available in Mumbai, but it is a chrome finish brand new one made by 'Asha', and not an original aluminium one. As I couldn't find the receptacles for my aluminium handles, I've settled for chrome for the moment. I can get you the chromed one if that's ok.
@
Thanks for the info,

I would consider putting it on to get rid of the extra lock currently fitted and then when I can find an aluminum one install it later, what would be the cost?

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd April 2009 at 16:29. Reason: Quote fixed. Please make sure your quotes end with a [/QU0TE]. Thanks.
Old 23rd April 2009, 23:37   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
Thanks for the info,

I would consider putting it on to get rid of the extra lock currently fitted and then when I can find an aluminum one install it later, what would be the cost?
Hey John,
The lock handle is available in Mumbai, and the shopkeeper is asking for Rs. 800/- for it, claiming it's the "last piece left". I think he's overcharging, but there are very few of these available, and he's trying his best to make hay !!
Attached Thumbnails
My 1962 Fiat Super Select - the journey begins.-phone-picture-207.jpg  

Old 24th April 2009, 00:45   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey John,
The lock handle is available in Mumbai, and the shopkeeper is asking for Rs. 800/- for it, claiming it's the "last piece left". I think he's overcharging, but there are very few of these available, and he's trying his best to make hay !!
I have a full set of these, including locking one with keys, bought for 220/- each, a few years ago.

John, did I mention it you earlier as well?
Old 26th April 2009, 12:32   #187
Senior - BHPian

She'll be home today !

Guys the moment has finally arrived. She'll be home today.
Last minute glitches are never ending . Just realized that my rear windshield is tinted, and won't look 'period'. A phone call to trusty old Rehman from chor bazaar, materialized a lovely front and rear windshield from a Parsi owned select.
This car has incidentally contributed Doors, glasses, speedo, and now windshield. Got her number from the PUC sticker on the windshield - MRY 2167. Will always remember and thank this car..
MRX 6839 has now gone for whitewalls, the attention she generates on the road is terrific. A couple on a motorcycle stopped me and chatted me up in chaste Gujarati. They mistook me for a Parsi .
On a more serious note, a huge amount of work still remains to be done over the next few weeks. But what's important is she's with me now, and I'm going to "enjoy maadi" !
Attached Thumbnails
My 1962 Fiat Super Select - the journey begins.-phone-picture.jpg  

SuperSelect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2009, 18:55   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
I have a full set of these, including locking one with keys, bought for 220/- each, a few years ago.

John, did I mention it you earlier as well?
Stanher, I must have missed it or old age is to blame.

It would be great to get the set if you re willing to part with it. If so how much and I could mail you a check and shipping address.

Thanks John
Old 26th April 2009, 19:21   #189

Quote:
Guys the moment has finally arrived. She'll be home today.
It looks awesome!

We should negotiate a match between your Sweetie and our handsome WBF-1, what a pair they would make - BLUE BLOODS! and we could start a new dynasty.

The blue colour looks good, I spent a lot time trying to identify the correct colour and will ask Sanjay to give me the colour #. Not sure how close it is and would have liked to have an exact match.

Something on my agenda is to try and find the correct colours offered by Fiat and post then for reference, same for the interior finishes and fabrics. I tried the Italian Fiat Club but it is all in Italian, I have an Italian friend who is going to work with me to see what information I can find.

Should a special thread be started to post information for reference?

Enjoying following your journey and it is an inspiration to all of Fiat
Lovers.
Old 26th April 2009, 19:22   #190
BHPian

Congratulations Ravi !! She is looking very pretty. Please,please remove the mudflaps as they don’t suite the car. I am waiting eagerly to see her in person on the 1st of May.
Quote:
MRX 6839 has now gone for whitewalls, the attention she generates on the road is terrific. A couple on a motorcycle stopped me and chatted me up in chaste Gujarati. They mistook me for a Parsi .
The fravashi sticker on the rear glass must have made them think of you as a Parsi (and ofcourse because of the fantastic car for which Parsis are famous for). Anyways, the sticker is suiting the car well !

Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar

Last edited by adheesh : 26th April 2009 at 19:24.
Old 26th April 2009, 19:45   #191
Team-BHP Support

Excellent Ravi. Congratulations to you. The car looks great.
This is the same colour combination my grandfather had on his old Dodge Kingsway.
Old 26th April 2009, 20:30   #192
Senior - BHPian

Hey ravi, congrats yar!

Your hard work sure has paid off! Keep it up!

BTW, what about the rims? Have you got some OHH REE GEE NALL ones yet?? Put those on and there you have it- it'll look all the more like a bAwa gAdi!

And of course, let's have some more pics. please!

Oh, and do you need the front windscreen aluminium trim still?

Last edited by Stanher : 26th April 2009 at 20:32.
Old 26th April 2009, 21:20   #193
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot guys, your feedback is very very encouraging !
@ John - Thanks John, yes, would LOVE to start a "blue blooded Fiat dynasty !" .
@ Adheesh - Buddy, the president wheel caps are looking fabulous. Thanks again and again ! And yes, the Asho Farohar sticker will indeed bring good luck to the car !
@ Aditya - hey Addy, I want to drop in and take your parents for a ride in their car !
@ Shyam - Yes yes boss, I still need the aluminium trims. Don't give them away. I haven't yet got clip wheels and caps, but the President caps are suiting her very well.
Just brought her home, the whitewalls are looking fab. Will post pictures tomorrow or day after.
Old 26th April 2009, 23:29   #194
BHPian

Congrats Ravi. Finally, she's done. looks good. should have taken more photos.
You know who'll be the star for the may 3rd meet ?
Old 27th April 2009, 08:07   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Ravi - congratulations on the fantastic achievement. MRX6839 is looking very good. I hope to see it at 5 gardens on the 3rd.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Most Viewed