Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2008, 01:21   #256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Uh, no offence but I was referring more to the WWT/black rims/chrome hubcaps look than the colour!
Ohh.
Doesnt matter though. It is never going to have Alloy Wheels neways. It is going to have Select/Super select wheels with Select/ Super Select Wheel caps. The wheels are going to be black. Basically, 3112's Wheels are going here. and 3112 is going to have silver wheels with white wall tyres and chrome wheel caps.
Old 24th March 2008, 09:27   #257
BHPian

Pls remove the ugly crash bar in the front.
Otherwise it should look good
Old 24th March 2008, 09:43   #258
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S.ANANTH View Post
Pls remove the ugly crash bar in the front.
Otherwise it should look good
Are you referring to the crash bar on WBJ 0957? I dont think one is currently fitted to the LHD...?
Old 24th March 2008, 11:21   #259

There is no crash bar on the Left hand drive. Mr. Ananth sir, The images of the above cars are of Mr. Anirban Ghosh a.k.a. 1100D. They have been edited on a software called Phoyoshop. They are renderings of how the car will look like if painted in various colors.
Old 24th March 2008, 16:37   #260
BHPian

If I remember the original LHD cars came in Steel Grey, Light Ivory, Maroonish Red & A kind of Dark Blue & Black I have also seen a car with Maroonish red in the lower half & Black roof. Wheel rims were the same color is the Indian Fiats.My personal choice would be Steel grey
Old 25th March 2008, 10:49   #261
BHPian

Cyrus, if you remember my '64 LHD was in original steel grey as Mr. Ananth has mentioned. But the car carried it of well because all the fittings and trim were completely stock.

However, since Dad and yourself have decided to give the LHD a rally car look, you need to look into some brighter shades of Red or Maroon as grey will be too sober for this application.

Actually the BLL 4919 red and black 2-tone combo would have best suited here.
Old 25th March 2008, 11:16   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
Cyrus, if you remember my '64 LHD was in original steel grey as Mr. Ananth has mentioned. But the car carried it of well because all the fittings and trim were completely stock.

However, since Dad and yourself have decided to give the LHD a rally car look, you need to look into some brighter shades of Red or Maroon as grey will be too sober for this application.

Actually the BLL 4919 red and black 2-tone combo would have best suited here.
Thats exactly what i told dad. Twins-Lhd and Rhd. Would look stunning woudnt it?

But the problem with that is that we cant use it often. We want to use the Lhd. We dont want it to lie enclosed in a garage.

Amyways. I am off the the garage to check on progres of the car. Will post some pics in the next hour or so. Have to study too. Exams on. Political Science to study.
Old 25th March 2008, 12:52   #263

Here you go guys. Update on the car.

Denting work-Done.
Hump on hood- Will start Tommorrow.
Paint-Undecided.
First coat or Red Oxide applied-Except for roof and interiors.

Ohh and spotted a nice Morris Minor too.
Attached Thumbnails
My Left Hand Drive Fiat.-100_3337.jpg  

My Left Hand Drive Fiat.-100_3340.jpg  

My Left Hand Drive Fiat.-100_3341.jpg  

My Left Hand Drive Fiat.-100_3342.jpg  

My Left Hand Drive Fiat.-100_3343.jpg  

My Left Hand Drive Fiat.-100_3348.jpg  

My Left Hand Drive Fiat.-100_3344.jpg  

My Left Hand Drive Fiat.-100_3345.jpg  

Old 25th March 2008, 13:39   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA View Post
Ohh and spotted a nice Morris Minor too.
That seems to be a Hindustan 14.

Fiat appears to be turning out well.
Old 25th March 2008, 14:41   #265
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That seems to be a Hindustan 14.
Thats no Minor, thats a Hindustan 14/Morris Oxford. Doesnt really belong in this thread does it?
Old 25th March 2008, 15:24   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Thats no Minor, thats a Hindustan 14/Morris Oxford. Doesnt really belong in this thread does it?
Still, nothing wrong in him sharing his excitement, right?
And he only mentioned it as something seen incidentally, so its ok I guess.
Old 25th March 2008, 15:40   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you all for the excellent images for finally making me decide what colour I should paint the LHD (and a special thanks to Anirban for providing the backdrop of his car). I must keep you all briefed that I have 3 choices. 1 - Black (Pros - because I can use the car afterwards and touchup is easy. Cons - no whitewall tyres on a black car will look ordinary and I cannot fit whitewall tyres as Ceat Safety Drive are not available and I do not like MRF Twin Tread and I cannot paint the wheel rims black and then I need to decide the upholstery colour to provide a decent contrast). 2 - Swift walla grey with black top and C pillar only, the A and B pillars will remain grey (Pros - I can go for black wheel rims, black instrument panel, super select wheelcaps, non-whitewall tyres and black leather upholstery which will give a very finely balanced sporty look. Cons - quite conspicuous, which will prevent me from using it regularly). 3 - now read this carefully - swift walla grey with grey roof and with MATT FINISH BLACK ON THE A,B AND C PILLARS + BONNET AND SIDE FENDERS UPTO THE TOP LINE (Pros - will look stunning only with roll cage and bonnet hump, the black theme will carry forward to the wheels and the instrument panel. Cons - same as 2).

Also, I prefer the grey to be non-metallic. I have no love lost for metallic colours. Ab bolo - kya karneka ?????????????

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 25th March 2008, 17:01   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Incidentally, the number plates are being made in aluminium, powder coated in white colour. My old painter will then meticulously paint MH01YA3238 on it. The size is same as the Kerala plates which should make PRESIDENT happy. The "thin delitewalla" front bumper is "being made" ready today for chromium plating. The rear bumper and guards are of the super select, brand new, a treasure I was lucky enough to acquire from a shop where they were lying for 45 years. I even got brand new side bolts.

On colours - the Safari Dicor 2.2 has a similar grey, might consider it. Another very nice colour is the cream colour on the Tata Ace. A black bonnet & half side fenders + a good exclusive collection of stickers would go very well with it. What are your thoughts ?

Dear Salil Pawar - your stripe idea is indeed a good way of enhancing the looks but I don't like a wide stripe, so will not do it on my car. Thanks for the excellent feedback.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 25th March 2008, 17:28   #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Incidentally, the number plates are being made in aluminium, powder coated in white colour. My old painter will then meticulously paint MH01YA3238 on it. The size is same as the Kerala plates which should make PRESIDENT happy. The "thin delitewalla" front bumper is "being made" ready today for chromium plating. The rear bumper and guards are of the super select, brand new, a treasure I was lucky enough to acquire from a shop where they were lying for 45 years. I even got brand new side bolts.

On colours - the Safari Dicor 2.2 has a similar grey, might consider it. Another very nice colour is the cream colour on the Tata Ace. A black bonnet & half side fenders + a good exclusive collection of stickers would go very well with it. What are your thoughts ?

Dear Salil Pawar - your stripe idea is indeed a good way of enhancing the looks but I don't like a wide stripe, so will not do it on my car. Thanks for the excellent feedback.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
NO STICKERS. What is with your sudden love for stickers? Anyways, i thinki we should stick wih the grey and black theme for now. All we have to decide is wether to paint the roof or the hood. In my opinion, lets do the hood thing. Let us decide quickly and finalize it once and for all. And also, Is the guard from 4919 coming here??
And enough with the conspicuousness or whatever. We are going to USE this car. Atleast I am.

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 25th March 2008 at 17:44.
Old 25th March 2008, 17:43   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Quote:
Still, nothing wrong in him sharing his excitement, right?
And he only mentioned it as something seen incidentally, so its ok I guess.
Yes Yes. Very funny. Maaro Maaro
Whoops My Bad. Yea Hindustan 14 it is. The guy had the morris minor logos on his car though.

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 25th March 2008 at 17:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks