Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2024, 18:24   #691
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroamit View Post
Yes the KAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX string is your application number. You can check the status of same at portal and it will update on the process stage. You need to first clear the status of existing application by visiting RTO office or cancel the same online if it is not required.
I have not given any application for anything. I don't understand what is going on.
Old 13th June 2024, 19:18   #692
BHPian

KA01 Hypothecation termination - for private car

I got this done today. Here are the steps

1) go to room # 3 in first floor, meet the superindendant who sits right opp the door. He will check if your documents are in order and sign
2) then he will point you to another lady who will do some online entry
3) go down to cash counter and pay 462rs (cash only)
4) go back up to another lady in same room. She will check the documents again and take the papers. done. no reciept given so take a pic of the reciept from the cash counter

unfortunately these people are scamsters still. they have taken postal fees of 50rs as part of the 462rs and still insist for self addressed postal envelope and stamp etc. I dint have time to argue with her as it already felt like i was talking a leisurely, revolving door.

So before you enter the office, buy a 5rs file from any shop nearby, put documents inside the file with original RC in a plastic pouch, write your vehicle number on the file with name, phone number AND also buy the postal envelope and stamp from same shop by paying 30rs (though you will also be paying for it in the RTO)

Edit
1: If your RC shows pending for printing on parivahan, you wont be able to submit this online. And to remove this status you have to visit the RTO anyway so may as well visit and submit the HPT documents straight away
2: If your aadhaar card is not having c/o name (father's name), then you wont be able to use aadhaar authentication for any parivahan services

Last edited by ak916 : 13th June 2024 at 19:21. Reason: adding additional info
ak916 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2024, 19:33   #693
Senior - BHPian

What is the stamp value that we need to take? Is it Rs.17 or Rs.18?

The experience is the same in KA03 when I went last time and though they collect Rs.50 postal fees, still ask for the stamped envelop. I want to take it from the post office and hence the question as I am not sure how much is the speed post cost.
Old 24th June 2024, 10:37   #694

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
KA01 Hypothecation termination - for private car

I got this done today.

Can you please provide the list of documents you submitted in person?
Old 29th June 2024, 18:59   #695
BHPian

Hello, can someone please tell what documents are to be obtained from the bank?
They only gave me NOC and Form 35(does the form 35 need to be signed and stamped at 2 places by the bank authorities or only at one place? It has a "specimen signature of financier" field, but they left it blank)

At the RTO, the lady at the counter said, I need another letter from the financier, and I have no idea what letter? The bank manager said only NOC and Form 35 is needed.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

P.S. (RTO in question is Meerut (UP15))
Old 1st July 2024, 20:51   #696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikalp View Post
Hello, can someone please tell what documents are to be obtained from the bank?
They only gave me NOC and Form 35(does the form 35 need to be signed and stamped at 2 places by the bank authorities or only at one place? It has a "specimen signature of financier" field, but they left it blank)

At the RTO, the lady at the counter said, I need another letter from the financier, and I have no idea what letter? The bank manager said only NOC and Form 35 is needed.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

P.S. (RTO in question is Meerut (UP15))
You need to have 2 copies of Form 35 and one copy of NOC from the financier. All 3 copies have a specific location for the bank authorized person to sign and input their seal.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2024, 06:34   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
You need to have 2 copies of Form 35 and one copy of NOC from the financier. All 3 copies have a specific location for the bank authorized person to sign and input their seal.
Thanks, yes I have Form 35 and NOC, took 3 copies of both. They are saying a separate letter is needed from the bank stating that the loan is over etc. Don't know what for as the same thing is written on the NOC only.
Typical government office shenanigans.
Old 17th July 2024, 15:03   #698
BHPian

Hi folks, has anyone ever faced a payment issue on the Vahan website for hypothecation termination (haryana state) ? My payment went through but it failed to register on the site. About 15 mins later, I saw an option to re-verify the payment, which I did, and it successfully registered the payment but it didn't provide any option to upload the documents and instead straightaway filed the application.

Now I am in a weird quagmire, the application is submitted (without any documents). The application cannot be withdrawn and there is no way to upload documents. Now my main question is if waiting for them to reject or remark on my application is wise? Will I see an option to reupload documents from the status check page?
Old 24th July 2024, 07:33   #699
Senior - BHPian

Closed my hypothecation removal saga this month.
ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-screenshot_202407201009542.png

February
Received the NOC letter and the signed Form 35 within half an hour from Indian Bank. Promptly browsed Vahan site and submitted the application for hypothecation termination, uploaded the scanned documents (a pain to get the format/resizing right) and paid all the fees online.

March
Perhaps I missed it or it was not evident to me but I never thought of visiting the RTO (KA01 at HSR) to submit originals. The application status tracker also did not make it explicit and almost a month from my online application I trudged my way to RTO. The place was swarming with agents with a ready for anything demeanour (contrasting with the disinterested RTO staff). A staffer directed me to the 1st floor room and I could thankfully avoid the agents.

Confusing as only an RTO can get, but after a wait I was asked if I submitted the originals for verification and realisation dawned. A dash to the 'xerox centers' helped get a nice file for my documents (in the right order) replete with a cover for the existing RC and a self addressed envelope. Documents duly accepted but no acknowledgement of any sort given to someone who just pledged his RC card.

April/May
Vahan status showed application pending at the desk of so-and-so and for some reason I did not check frequently enough. As luck would have it, it was completed in May but received no notification of dispatch.

Finally in July, I made another visit to the RTO confidently warding off the agents and after an excruciating 90 minute wait for the official to turn up, I realised that the card was lying at her desk in a little box all along! Dodging my query as to why it was never dispatched, the card was handed over right there (so much for my postal fee paid) but not without me having to run across to the 'KMS Section' to activate the chip card.

In 5 months end to end, (allowing for my oversight too) mission accomplished.

Last edited by GeeTee TSI : 24th July 2024 at 07:36.
GeeTee TSI is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2024, 17:47   #700
BHPian

Hi,

Anyone did the hypothecation removal in Delhi? I uploaded all the documents online, paid the fees and sent the originals by speed post. Below are the documents I sent through Speed Post ( all self attested)

Bank NOC
Form 35
RC photocopy and Aadhaar photocopy

Now, after 2 weeks the vahan portal says, "all documents not received". Nowhere have they mentioned which document is pending. As far as I am concerned, these were the only documents they requested.

Anyone has any idea, what to do next?

RTO in question - Ramesh Nagar DL10
Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-screenshot_20240727173245618_com.android.chrome.jpg  

Last edited by dhinchak : 27th July 2024 at 17:48.
Old 9th August 2024, 11:31   #701
Senior - BHPian

It has been over 2 months since I submitted my documents at the KA03 RTO for HT. The application has not moved at all online. Are there any emails or phone number that I can call and escalate to? Want to avoid visiting that place, unless there is no other option.
Old 9th August 2024, 18:57   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
Hi,

Anyone did the hypothecation removal in Delhi? I uploaded all the documents online, paid the fees and sent the originals by speed post. Below are the documents I sent through Speed Post ( all self attested)

Bank NOC
Form 35
RC photocopy and Aadhaar photocopy

Now, after 2 weeks the vahan portal says, "all documents not received". Nowhere have they mentioned which document is pending. As far as I am concerned, these were the only documents they requested.

Anyone has any idea, what to do next?

RTO in question - Ramesh Nagar DL10
Thanks!!
Not sure of the exact process in Delhi. In Karnataka and Kerala - we need to return the original RC card for HT removal. You might have to visit the RTO office to get more details.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks