Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2011, 16:32   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
The AASI can do all hypothetication removal processes for you once you are a member. Without the bogging down of walking in and out of RTO offices or getting tossed around. Especially in situations wherein one cannot figure out the local lingo.
To elaborate further, they are your agency for all RTO related work. This includes (not restricted to):- IDP issuance, learners licence application, permanent DL issuance, NOC for car transfer, change of address in Drivers Licence, change of address in RC book, changeover from book type to card type RC/DL, insurance policy payment etc.
You need to become a member by paying a fee of approx Rs.1000/- for annual membership or 4000+tax for lifetime membership. I have taken the lifetime membership, and believe me its worth it.
They do the RTO agents work, but in a legal way and with only legal fees. Only catch is that they will not do any work which involves circumventing some law or rule like say address proof, lack of documents etc(which your regular agent may do with a few hundred rupees more)

You can also avail of reciprocal services from other sister Automobile Associations in India or the world.
You also get a nominal Rs.100 rs. discount in Insurance if you state you are an AA member, plus some discounts at select hotels in India.
Disclaimer: I am not working for AASI. I am only a lifetime member.

Last edited by hrman : 13th December 2011 at 16:36.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2011, 22:12   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Today i went to Pimpri Chinchwad RTO in Pune to get hypothecation removed from my Car RC.
I carried following documents:
1. Original RC (wrapped in small poly bag)
2. Bank NOC (original)
3. Form 35 (both orginal copies)
4. PUC (copy)
5. Insurance (copy)
6. ID Proof (Pan card - copy)
7. Trade certificate from SBI Bank (story follows below)

Trade certificate is a paper with all the information regarding TAX paid to RTO by Bank. there is no mention of customer or any other info related to vehicle. RTO just needs the number mentioned on this trade certificate.
If you don't have Trade certificate then you have to pay 1000 rupees as fine and get the receipt. then you can get your normal hypothecation process rolling.
Thanks for posting this info, this Trade Certificate looks to be a new document. Any idea why is this needed, as in is it a mandatory document for Hypothecation removal? It wasnt a requirement an year ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
The AASI can do all hypothetication removal processes for you once you are a member. Without the bogging down of walking in and out of RTO offices or getting tossed around. Especially in situations wherein one cannot figure out the local lingo.
Thanks for sharing this information, so they are like an agency to carry out RTO related activities. I didnt get the local lingo part, are the RTO/Bank documents in local language instead of English in down South?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Without wasting time contacted a friend who works for a Insurance agency, he was very kind to promise me to assist it on priority.

He asked for Rs.400/- for removal process, but this would not issue a new copy and Rs.450/- for removal and new RC Certificate, I agreed and visited him paid the money on friday evening, and he took all the pain and got it completed on monday and I had the new RC Certificate with bank name removed on tuesday morning.

I would have drove to RTO which is almost out of the town, towards other end of my town, could have spent not less than Rs.700-800 including petrol so I am sure what i opted for was good and economical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
To elaborate further, they are your agency for all RTO related work. This includes (not restricted to):- IDP issuance, learners licence application, permanent DL issuance, NOC for car transfer, change of address in Drivers Licence, change of address in RC book, changeover from book type to card type RC/DL, insurance policy payment etc.
You need to become a member by paying a fee of approx Rs.1000/- for annual membership or 4000+tax for lifetime membership. I have taken the lifetime membership, and believe me its worth it.
They do the RTO agents work, but in a legal way and with only legal fees. Only catch is that they will not do any work which involves circumventing some law or rule like say address proof, lack of documents etc(which your regular agent may do with a few hundred rupees more)

You can also avail of reciprocal services from other sister Automobile Associations in India or the world.
You also get a nominal Rs.100 rs. discount in Insurance if you state you are an AA member, plus some discounts at select hotels in India.
Disclaimer: I am not working for AASI. I am only a lifetime member.
Thanks for sharing this information but this thread is for finding out how to do the Hypothecation removal on your own i.e. *without needing an agent*
Old 13th December 2011, 22:36   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Thanks for sharing this information, so they are like an agency to carry out RTO related activities. I didnt get the local lingo part, are the RTO/Bank documents in local language instead of English in down South?
That's NOT what I meant. I meant to say, that it's sometimes easier to get past these officials if you can speak the local language. In a city like Bangalore, with numerous people from around India, and where Hindi is not widely used at least in Government offices, speaking the local language Kannada helps, in most cases if NOT ALL.
Old 14th December 2011, 11:41   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for posting this info, this Trade Certificate looks to be a new document. Any idea why is this needed, as in is it a mandatory document for Hypothecation removal? It wasnt a requirement an year ago.
Looks like new requirement but don't know from when they started this new requirement.
This is absolutely mandatory document. if you dont have it then you will have to pay 1000 rupees fine and then the process of hypothecation will start.
Old 14th December 2011, 12:08   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing this information but this thread is for finding out how to do the Hypothecation removal on your own i.e. *without needing an agent*
You had mentioned in an earlier post asking what is AASI and how does it help in getting rid of issues in the hypothecation process? Hence clarified this.
Old 19th December 2011, 11:50   #126
BHPian

I was planning to get my hypothecation removed, but since i bought the car, I have moved to a new place and have a new address. Would anyone know how to go about in this situation? Would i need to submit a change of address form before I request for a HP removal?
Old 21st December 2011, 12:12   #127
BHPian

My sister owns a car which was bought on loan 3 years back. Now the loan is closed and my sister went abroad for long term.
Is there any procedure by which i can remove the hypothecation of the car on behalf of her?
We thought of transfering the ownership to my name but that will add a second ownership to the car and will affect the resale.
Old 21st December 2011, 12:42   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
I was planning to get my hypothecation removed, but since i bought the car, I have moved to a new place and have a new address. Would anyone know how to go about in this situation? Would i need to submit a change of address form before I request for a HP removal?

if you are in same city and RTO doesn't send the new RC via courier then you don't need to change the address at all.
in my case (in Pune), i also shifted to different address but pune RTO doesn't send it by courier instead you have to go to RTO to collect new RC. so i directly made a request to remove hypothecation.
I hope this info helps.
Old 29th December 2011, 21:29   #129
BHPian

Thanks a ton, Technocrat for this informative post. It was of immense help when I went to the RTO (Chennai Meenambakkam) today morning for cancelling the hypothecation.

A few deviations from the points that you had mentioned
1. Fee for hypothecation removal is now Rs.125/- (inflation, you see!)
2. I was not asked to submit my DL copy. I checked with the verification officer and he was okay without my DL copy.

For Chennai-ites (Meenambakkam RTO people):
Remember to have your car checked for pollution and have a copy of the pollution emission under control certificate. The Indian Oil petrol bunk (Santhi Service Station) just next to Trident hotel has this PUC equipment (not on Sundays!) and you can get it done in just 5 mins. Cost: Rs.50/- for cars and Rs.30/- for 2-wheelers.

Get a Rs.5/- envelope. This is available in the photocopy shop opposite to the RTO building itself.

If you do not want your hand to become sticky by touching the so-called glue in RTO, take a Fevistik with you and also a stapler!

Now, just as you enter the RTO office, there is a Tapal section. Go to the left most counter to meet one Mr.Grrrrr! Tell him your purpose of visit, give him your original RC and pay Rs.125/- for the hypothecation cancellation procedure. He would enter the details onto the system and give you a receipt. Do not forget to get back your RC from him.

Now, arrange the following documents in the same order as I have mentioned below.

1. 2 copies of Form-35
The receipt you would have got after paying Rs.125/- would be having two portions on it. After tearing it along the perforated mark, paste the first part alone (keep the applicant's copy with you) on the mid of the 1st Form-35. Paste it in such a way that this receipt can also be opened like turning a page in the book.
2. NOC obtained from bank.
3. Original RC.
4. Copy of insurance.
5. Copy of PUC certificate.
6. Rs.5/- postal envelope.

Staple all these together and hand over them to the same person or to the person in the adjacent counter. After verifying the documents, he will write on the applicant's copy of the receipt, the counter (in my case, it is B3) where you will have to go to collect the RC after 4-5 days. Note that, for collecting the RC you will have to go by around 5pm on a weekday which will definitely be difficult for most of us. Other option is to send someone else giving them an authorization letter.
callvvijay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 14:37   #130
BHPian

Today I submitted request to remove HP for my Innova VX (8 seater) at Rajouri Garden Delhi. You need

1. NOC from Bank (original)
2. Form 35 from Bank (original), please sign too on both forms.
3. RC (original)
4. Insurance Copy (attested)
5. Pollution Control Certificate Copy (attested)
6. Address proof copy (attested). Note: DL will not work as address proof, so carry Election card or Passport Copy.

Fee:
1. Rs. 150 for HP removal.
2. Rs. 370 for Smart Card.

Note: Photocopy attestation charges by Notary Rs 80 (for 3 photocopy :-( )
Time to delivery smart card 15 days.

Last edited by sam003 : 23rd January 2012 at 14:38.
sam003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 15:12   #131
BHPian

I got the NOC letter and Form 35 signed from the bank. I am planning to visit the RTO some time this week. Only problem is PUC. I have removed the cat con and put in an FFE.
Old 23rd January 2012, 16:32   #132
BHPian

Hi Xander
In Chennai the PUC may not be required since I had my Hypothecation removed without any of these. In case you need any help pl PM me.

Cheers
DP
Old 23rd January 2012, 23:28   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldunk View Post
Hi Xander
In Chennai the PUC may not be required since I had my Hypothecation removed without any of these. In case you need any help pl PM me.

Cheers
DP
Hey DP (btw, is it DP or DD for Dieseldunk?), I removed the hypothecation very recently (read my detailed post above) and I was asked for PUC. Which RTO are you mentioning here? For me, it was Meenambakkam RTO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
I am planning to visit the RTO some time this week. Only problem is PUC.
Which RTO for you, mate??

Last edited by callvvijay : 23rd January 2012 at 23:30.
Old 24th January 2012, 07:54   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
Hey DP (btw, is it DP or DD for Dieseldunk?), I removed the hypothecation very recently (read my detailed post above) and I was asked for PUC. Which RTO are you mentioning here? For me, it was Meenambakkam RTO.

Hi Vijay
Thanks mate.

It is DP .The RTO was Virugambakkam the car is SWIFT diesel and dt of purchase was July 2010 and removed hypothecation in Aug/sept2011. By the way IMO current vehicles post 2011 are required to have a PUC, as per new RTO rules, which I came to know yesterday after my colleague got a new Bike.
For me as I visit BLR quite often I keep my PUC copy always.
Cheers
Prasad
Old 25th January 2012, 16:22   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldunk View Post
Hi Xander

Cheers
DP
Thanks mate. Good to hear that. Will PM you if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post

Mine is Thiruvanmiyur. The car is a 2007 Jan registered Santro.
xander is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks