Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2024, 19:04   #121
BHPian

Re: Your car's midlife crisis - How to rejuvenate your existing car and save a lot of money

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
Our 2014 Honda Brio just crossed 50k kms and I thought now would be a good time to do a full repaint as the car had a lot of battle scars, which I was getting annoyed with. The OE colour is Rallye Red and will be painting the same shade as I didn't want to go with the hassle of changing the colour on the RC book.

The car will turn 8 in the end of October 2022 and I plan to keep the car as long as its mechanically possible

Attachment 2310061

Before sending it to paint. From far the small scratches (vandalism) and dents are not that visible but since every part of the car had developed some it was ideal to do a full body repaint and the OE factory finish anyway was nothing to talk about.

Attachment 2310060

This is the image I received today on the progress of the work done.

Attachment 2310059

How much did it cost for you to do the full body repaint? Was it done at Honda? Planning the same for my black 2013 model Honda Brio. Recently changed all 4 suspenssion and also swapped to alloy wheels and new tyres.
Old 2nd July 2024, 21:23   #122
Senior - BHPian

Re: Your car's midlife crisis - How to rejuvenate your existing car and save a lot of money

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyman_46 View Post
How much did it cost for you to do the full body repaint? Was it done at Honda? Planning the same for my black 2013 model Honda Brio. Recently changed all 4 suspenssion and also swapped to alloy wheels and new tyres.
Did it at a friend’s workshop and costed me around 80k.

More details available here

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...t-repaint.html (Honda Brio turns 8 years younger, post a repaint)
SnS_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 23:33   #123
BHPian

Wanted to start a separate thread but thought there's already a thread open for my query...
Requesting seniors and friends for guidance..
My tiago is close to 8 years old (60k km done). Body has numerous scratches (from wife's driving practice) and few dents from minor accidents. I wish to restore the car as almost factory new.. Please give me advice on the same and also tips (detailing) on restoration.
My plan is as below
1. Visit tata body shop (or cheaper alternatives... Any suggestions in Trichur, Ernakulam, calicut welcome) and get the dents and scratches repaired. Do I claim insurance for this?
2. Visit detailing shop (ceramic coating, polish)
3. Replace alloys to metal tyres (yes I guess good old metal tyres are fine)
4. Change interior seat covers and floor mats.
5. Install good dashcam, android unit
6. Replace headlamps.

Attaching pics too.. Please guide me. And also budget involved too.
Attached Thumbnails
Your car's midlife crisis - How to rejuvenate your existing car and save a lot of money-img_20240710_225230.jpg  

Your car's midlife crisis - How to rejuvenate your existing car and save a lot of money-img_20240710_225316.jpg  

Your car's midlife crisis - How to rejuvenate your existing car and save a lot of money-img_20240710_225257.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks