Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2012, 22:24   #241
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review

My brand new i10 ( purchased 2 months back ) comes with Kumho tires. Does anyone else have Kumho tires on your i10? How reliable is it?
Old 22nd May 2012, 10:44   #242
BHPian

After doing a lot of research on this forum, decided to go for an i10 1.2 kappa2 for my Mrs. Opting for the Sportz version of the same.

I was just wondering , if its safe to take the car for a long drive, immediately after the delivery.

I have to do about 800 kms trip over the weekend (Bangalore-Chennai-Pondy-Bangalore), and was planning on doing it in the new car..

Cheers
Old 22nd May 2012, 12:09   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
I was just wondering , if its safe to take the car for a long drive, immediately after the delivery.
Congrats! It is fine to go for a long trip in a new car provided you plan for a relaxed drive, so that you could follow the run-in principles of keeping an eye on the rev-meter and anticipate to avoid hard braking and acceleration. Just browse the owner's manual on the run-in instructions before embarking on the drive.

During the trip, do remember to vary the RPM /speed /gears than just maintaining a single speed for a continuous period. This is good for running-in of the engine.

EDIT : Team-BHP advices "Long highway trips or time spent in bumper-to-bumper traffic is bad for the run-in process." But as long as you can follow the next instruction, I would say it is ok. "The key to the run-in is to subject the engine to a wide range of RPMs, so you will probably have to alter your driving style and make a point of driving under various conditions." http://www.team-bhp.com/web/index.ph...2_articleid=25

Last edited by thoma : 22nd May 2012 at 12:14.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2012, 18:42   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
I have to do about 800 kms trip over the weekend (Bangalore-Chennai-Pondy-Bangalore), and was planning on doing it in the new car..
Cheers
Congratulations - "Run-In" process in itself has been a debate on this as well as other forums. I too own an i10 1.2 (Sportz) with 35K on the odo & I followed T-Bhp approach & haven't had any problems with the engine so far. I personally avoided long drives during the run-in period.

Enjoy the car.
Old 30th May 2012, 15:21   #245
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I did not take the car for the long trip. Decided against it, at least until the first service.
The manual, does say though that 'run-in' process is not required. It also says not to race the car and to drive between 2-4K rpm initially, avoid harsh braking. I intend to follow this.

The car is a nice one. It has a good pick up, mid-range.
Not certainly for long trips or frequent highway trips unlike any other small car. Being tossed around a bit on the highway, when near 80kmph.

Excellent city car. The AC is very good, with its chilling effect. I did read here that the AC is under-performing in terms of cooling effects, but I don't feel so.

I roughly got 12kmpl 70%AC on in the city ( no bumper-bumper traffic). I hope it improves over services.

For the sportz version, I asked for the fog lamps and door visors along with remote fob for extras.

My overall rating of the car is 8/10.

Mrs is happy and I am happy because of that lol
Old 18th June 2012, 20:34   #246
BHPian

Hey need advise on changing the wiper switch in my i 10 Magna AT to put in the switch that comes with Sports model so as to activate the intermittent wiper option. Now that the rains have started, its a real pain driving without the intermittent wipers.
Old 18th June 2012, 21:54   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Hey need advise on changing the wiper switch in my i 10 Magna AT to put in the switch that comes with Sports model so as to activate the intermittent wiper option. Now that the rains have started, its a real pain driving without the intermittent wipers.
I have been using the Sportz wiper switch on my i10 Magna 1.2 Kappa2 since I bought the car in December 2010. This was done precisely to activate the intermittent wiping facility, which otherwise (and surprisingly so) is unavailable on the D-lite, Era and Magna variants.

The service advisor simply pulled out the wiper switch of my Magna and replaced it with the wiper switch of the Sportz. This is worked flawlessly till date.

Regards,
Melvyn
misquitas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 22:17   #248
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
My brand new i10 ( purchased 2 months back ) comes with Kumho tires. Does anyone else have Kumho tires on your i10? How reliable is it?
My (Sportz AT) from DEC 2011 also has kumo. I feel they are bad and are on the vehicle only for the really good deal that the Hyundai have got on them. I have already removed two nail in less than a 1000 kms.

Last edited by ACM : 18th June 2012 at 22:20.
Old 18th June 2012, 22:32   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
I have been using the Sportz wiper switch on my i10 Magna 1.2 Kappa2 since I bought the car in December 2010. This was done precisely to activate the intermittent wiping facility, which otherwise (and surprisingly so) is unavailable on the D-lite, Era and Magna variants.

The service advisor simply pulled out the wiper switch of my Magna and replaced it with the wiper switch of the Sportz. This is worked flawlessly till date.

Regards,
Melvyn
Did you get it done from the Hyundai dealer. I tried Laxmi Hyundai in Hyd after reading your initial ownership review, but those guys had no idea about doing that. Surprisingly they also told me that they don't have the Sports Wiper switch in their inventory and that they also do not know how much it costs. Strange ! Btw, how much did you pay for it ?

Last edited by autotranny : 18th June 2012 at 22:33.
Old 18th June 2012, 22:41   #250
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Any tips on stuff from the Top end Astra that can be fitted into the Sportz AT and work right way. Already have the fogs and rear parking sensors fitted.

Obviously the Airbags and Sunroof are out of the question. What about the MID features?
Old 18th June 2012, 23:15   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Did you get it done from the Hyundai dealer. I tried Laxmi Hyundai in Hyd after reading your initial ownership review, but those guys had no idea about doing that. Surprisingly they also told me that they don't have the Sports Wiper switch in their inventory and that they also do not know how much it costs. Strange ! Btw, how much did you pay for it ?
Yes, the Sportz wiper switch was procurred from Goa Hyundai directly and it easily replaced the stock wiper switch on my i10 Magna. If I recalled correctly, it was priced somewhere around Rs 1100 in December 2010.
Old 19th June 2012, 09:57   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
I have already removed two nail in less than a 1000 kms.
That is sad to hear. The tyres doesn't really inspire any confidence. The service engineer at Hyundai warned me to keep away from bad roads. Really? They are meant to be driven in our country right!
Old 7th July 2012, 22:54   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
My (Sportz AT) from DEC 2011 also has kumo. I feel they are bad and are on the vehicle only for the really good deal that the Hyundai have got on them. I have already removed two nail in less than a 1000 kms.

My i10 came with Kumho as well. I was not at all happy while taking delivery of the car with these tyres. Heard the name for the first time and upon searching on google, learnt that this is yet another Korean company.

These tyres are meant only for well laid roads. Noisy on not so well laid roads.

I maintain 32 psi on all four tyres. Recommended is 33 though.
Old 8th July 2012, 17:25   #254
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

^^

Yep I too stick to 32 vs the 33 recommended.

The fuel effeciency too is a worry though our i10 AT and that does drop with lower Tyre PSI.
Old 13th July 2012, 15:39   #255
BHPian

Fellow i10 Owners,

Has anyone tried to change the seats in i10 or added any special features to make the seating more comfortable?

I usually go for long drives in my i10 (yeah..these days its heavy on the pocket) and use additional pillows or small cotton beds for additional comfort. It only gets worse in the rear seat at times. Is there a way to over come this problem? I read in other threads, that additional lumbar/under thigh support can be added to the seats to make it more comfortable.

What am looking at is for a cost effective option which solves my issue.

Thanks,
Greg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks