Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2010, 17:09   #1276
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Thanks ventoman and Naveen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
I got a feedback call from VW last week during when I complained about the lack of clarity in delivery date until 10 days before the actual delivery. The guy replied that this has been one feedback they got from most of the customers and that VW is working on it. Hope they do something soon before the customers lose their patience.
Hmmm...quite possible. This as the first time they told me my place in the queue and gave me a reasonably firm delivery date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Yes, I know they dont even bother a bit. I told abt canceling my booking N number of times but they didnt even bother to listen to that. They know that It's doing pretty well in the market. SO that might be the reason for this. Hopefully they will keep this even during the service too.

Cheers.!
There is another VW Pune coming up in the Western par of town close to my place (the erstwhile BU Bhandari Fiat-Tata dealership on Pashan Road), so am not that worried about service. I can't help but think what a stupid bunch car dealers are if they piss off their buyers so much that even those who buy from them don't want to go back! Anyway, their loss!
Old 28th December 2010, 18:11   #1277
BANNED

getting my car this week. 30 days of paying the money i guess thats not bad. White Vento AT. so thats 4th autobox at home now woohoo
Old 28th December 2010, 21:48   #1278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
getting my car this week. 30 days of paying the money i guess thats not bad. White Vento AT. so thats 4th autobox at home now woohoo
Wow..congrats Jesal.

Eagerly awaiting your ownership report as this would be the first Vento AT in the forum.
Old 28th December 2010, 23:51   #1279
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations bro. Wish we could've picked our cars together. Alas, how life takes turns. Have fun buddy, but pehla pic pe mera haq banta hai.
Old 29th December 2010, 09:44   #1280
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Jesal.
Yes, this would be the first AT Vento here. Noopster too chose the AT version but that expected next month.
Waiting for your report and pics.
Keep us updated.
Old 29th December 2010, 16:37   #1281
BANNED

thanks a lot people. just got my car number as well. have paid as well i guess delivery will be on monday the car has landed since 2 days but ive given payment for tomorrow as of now. lets see few days here and there. so my first german car officially, not counting the w123. and also to all those who say automatics have high maintaince ive owned 4 now and trust me its worth the premium to save your left leg.
Old 29th December 2010, 17:50   #1282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks a lot people. just got my car number as well. have paid as well i guess delivery will be on monday the car has landed since 2 days but ive given payment for tomorrow as of now. lets see few days here and there. so my first german car officially, not counting the w123. and also to all those who say automatics have high maintaince ive owned 4 now and trust me its worth the premium to save your left leg.
Congrats, waiting for your ownership experience
Old 29th December 2010, 18:13   #1283
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Congrats Jesal.
Yes, this would be the first AT Vento here. Noopster too chose the AT version but that expected next month.
Waiting for your report and pics.
Keep us updated.
Dammit! So wanted to be the first AT on TBHP . It's one of the curses of being a BHPian that you plan your ownership thread almost as soon as you book the car!

Well, no matter. Congrats, Jesal. Heartening to see so many Ventos being delivered. Do post your ownership experience soonish.
Old 30th December 2010, 15:23   #1284
BHPian

Got my Vento Diesel Trendline on 18-Dec-10 Sat.Done 750 odd kms till now .Just thought of sharing my experience till date.

Positives
  • First Mileage reading - 19.49 kms per litre calculated at Tank full and not as per the fuel indicator on dash.750 kms done in city.Have followed the gear shift indicator which i think has helped with the high mileage .Daily travel from Thane to BKC hence mix of good wide fast track on eastern exp hghwy and bumper to bumper traffic at Suman nagar and dharavi.Went twice on the Bandra worli sea link streched it till 130 kmph.Has endured couple of harsh test drives by my fiends also.
  • Morning start at tempratures of 13-20 degree celcius for a few days faced an issue where the engine response on 1 st and 2 gear was very low as compared to pick up when taking off from signals etc .However it becomes normal after 5 mins of running on road.
  • Pick up in 1 st and 2 gears is very good without pressing the accelarator.This is of great help in bumper to bumper traffic situation.
  • Driver side power window has got stuck twice in the 750 odd kms run till date.Guess this is a defect across all units sold
Overall very happy with the ride quality .Suspension is on the softer side.Surge in power is amazing on gears 2-4 and on 5 th beyond 100 kmph also the surge is very much there with slight lowering of the pedal.

Will take it on a long drive in Jan'11 first half and share observations.

Thanks to the review from GTO and inputs from all you guys i have no doubt that buying the vento was the right decision.
Old 30th December 2010, 15:53   #1285
Senior - BHPian

Heartiest Congratulations Swift Express!!

Vento TDi rocks. Please start your initial ownership thread with lots of pictures to admire at.
Old 30th December 2010, 16:07   #1286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Express View Post
Got my Vento Diesel Trendline on 18-Dec-10 Sat.Done 750 odd kms till now .Just thought of sharing my experience till date.

Positives
  • First Mileage reading - 19.49 kms per litre calculated at Tank full and not as per the fuel indicator on dash.750 kms done in city.Have followed the gear shift indicator which i think has helped with the high mileage .Daily travel from Thane to BKC hence mix of good wide fast track on eastern exp hghwy and bumper to bumper traffic at Suman nagar and dharavi.Went twice on the Bandra worli sea link streched it till 130 kmph.Has endured couple of harsh test drives by my fiends also.
  • Morning start at tempratures of 13-20 degree celcius for a few days faced an issue where the engine response on 1 st and 2 gear was very low as compared to pick up when taking off from signals etc .However it becomes normal after 5 mins of running on road.
  • Pick up in 1 st and 2 gears is very good without pressing the accelarator.This is of great help in bumper to bumper traffic situation.
  • Driver side power window has got stuck twice in the 750 odd kms run till date.Guess this is a defect across all units sold
Overall very happy with the ride quality .Suspension is on the softer side.Surge in power is amazing on gears 2-4 and on 5 th beyond 100 kmph also the surge is very much there with slight lowering of the pedal.

Will take it on a long drive in Jan'11 first half and share observations.

Thanks to the review from GTO and inputs from all you guys i have no doubt that buying the vento was the right decision.

Congratulations, your comments strengthen my resolve to let go my lethargy and book the Vento soon.
Old 30th December 2010, 16:14   #1287
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Swift Express.. We have another proud owner.
Waiting for your report and pics. Please update it soon.

Happy Driving.
Old 30th December 2010, 16:17   #1288
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow looking at these mileage numbers from TDi owners, wondering if that is the route I should have chosen as well! Congrats Swift Express on your new baby!

BTW, does your handle indicate you are a Swift owner as well? Naveen is, and so am I. Does this mean people with Swifts opt for the Vento? Cool!
Old 30th December 2010, 16:47   #1289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, does your handle indicate you are a Swift owner as well? Naveen is, and so am I. Does this mean people with Swifts opt for the Vento? Cool!
Could be! I own a Swift too and am considering a Vento in the next 6 months. Both of us have the VXi with G-Series engine too
Old 30th December 2010, 16:56   #1290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Express View Post

Positives
You should be slightly more conservative. Please run-in the vehicle properly before you let 'er rip. I would suggest you stick to going at no more than 85-95 kmph for the first 1,500-2,000 kms. Also, avoid handing out your new car to friends for test drives.
Of course this is all advice, its your car in the end!

All the best, happy mile-munching. Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks