Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2010, 10:51   #1201
Senior - BHPian

VW Palace Cross guys said they have 500 orders. They have been able to deliver only around 30 until now. It doesn't sound encouraging.
Old 7th December 2010, 11:56   #1202
BANNED

i have booked AT in november last week. delivery by jan they say. lets see. no other car to buy so might as well wait a bit. trendlines are there in stock a lot of them actually.
Old 7th December 2010, 12:37   #1203
BHPian

Any idea when a Vento with Skoda's skin be released?
Old 7th December 2010, 12:54   #1204
BHPian

Quick update.One of my friends inquired for Vento HL Diesel at VW Mumbai West.He was told that expected deilvery date is Feb'11 first half.So surely the Diesel HL waiting period has come down from the autrocious 5-6 months bracket to the still painfull 2-3 months.

I may get killed for this but cant help thinking Does the increase in production have something to do with the launch of the Toyota Etios.From the specs it sure looks a good package.And if there are people who are not willing to settle for the Vento 4-6 mths waiting period, as was the case earlier, they might go in for Etios coming in at a lesser price.

Last edited by Swift Express : 7th December 2010 at 12:56.
Old 7th December 2010, 13:38   #1205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Express View Post
Does the increase in production have something to do with the launch of the Toyota Etios.From the specs it sure looks a good package.And if there are people who are not willing to settle for the Vento 4-6 mths waiting period, as was the case earlier, they might go in for Etios coming in at a lesser price.
I am not sure why you compare the Vento with the Etios. The cars are in different segments. It's hardly a fair comparison since Vento is priced so much higher, because of which it has better build quality, finish, interiors, ride, handling, performance etc. Perhaps F.E is the only parameter with which the Etios beats the Vento (petrol).

Ask yourself this - if you had the money, but couldn't buy a Vento, wouldn't you rather go for a ANHC or TJet? The difference between these cars and the Etios is like night and day. I don't think Etios will affect the sales of ANHC, Tjet or the Vento. Those aspiring for one of these, surely wouldn't settle for the Etios.
Old 7th December 2010, 14:07   #1206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Thats one of the most awaited Vento in this thread.. Happy for you. Waiting to see your report.

Sure Sure.. I shall keep everyone updated. My car is getting reg today. Then after the final inspection and QC, I should be getting the car tomo or worst case, day after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
At last! Quite a few of us were eagerly waiting for your Vento to arrive, as you were one of the first to report a confirmed booking.
Congratulations. Please keep us updated with your ownership experiences.
Thanks Ventoman. Sure, will keep you updated.
Old 7th December 2010, 14:14   #1207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjimmy View Post
I am not sure why you compare the Vento with the Etios. The cars are in different segments. It's hardly a fair comparison since Vento is priced so much higher, because of which it has better build quality, finish, interiors, ride, handling, performance etc. Perhaps F.E is the only parameter with which the Etios beats the Vento (petrol).

Ask yourself this - if you had the money, but couldn't buy a Vento, wouldn't you rather go for a ANHC or TJet? The difference between these cars and the Etios is like night and day. I don't think Etios will affect the sales of ANHC, Tjet or the Vento. Those aspiring for one of these, surely wouldn't settle for the Etios.
Do agree with you mate and thats precisely the reason why i said i might get killed for sayin this.

But just a point to ponder on .... Vento is priced agressively and do correct me if am wrong but price wise for petrol in particular there is a GAP between TJET,ANHC and Vento.Other market factors like Car loan rate increase also impacts the decision and let me be frank i have sold my swift and jumped the Dzire,Logan,Etios segment and go on to the Vento.There are many like me who have done that just beacuse the car is very good.But if i was also faced with a prospect of waiting for 4-6 months and had Etios as an option might have gone for that.Having said so i just know few bare facts about the Etios and i dont know how good it is.

Was just trying to find out the exact reason for increase in production of Vento that too towards the end of the year !!!! .Neways its good for all those who are waiting for the delivery of their vento.Good news is on you way soon
Old 7th December 2010, 14:34   #1208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Any idea when a Vento with Skoda's skin be released?
You mean the sedan based on Fabia? That's in middle the of the next year. July - August probabely. That is the new Octavia for India, I guess.
Old 7th December 2010, 16:52   #1209
BHPian

I have booked the Vento TDI TL (Shadow Blue) in Nov 2nd week.

I just called my dealer Elite Motors, Blr to check the status, Looks like they can give information only in Jan'11 about the delivery and they didn't say anything about increase in production.
Old 7th December 2010, 18:20   #1210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Well well! the waiting time of 3 months looks like a good sign, when did you take the quote ?
Seems that VW is doing something about the delivery dates. That way I guess we should get our cars delivered in a couple of months
I took the quote yesterday in fact the sales person told me that he can get me a Trendline in 2 months (Diesel) and 4-6 weeks (Petrol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
May I suggest you to buy Vento D.
Trust me you will enjoy the torque rush. 1L is a nominal price to pay for it. And as far as I know Diesel prices will not shoot up in near future. And even if it does you will still enjoy the Better Milage.
In Fact to me If you are bent upon buying a petrol go for T-Jet.
This is just my opinion. Have a look at T-Jet before jumping into any decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos View Post
As a petrol Vento MT owner I'll suggest a Diesel to anyone who asks me as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
We are paying 1.08 lacs more in bangalore. Terrible! You should for a minute assume that you are in Bangalore and just got for Diesel and enjoy that torque.
Tell me about the torque rush (I drive a Scorpio mHawk currently). Yes you are right, Diesel seems to be a better choice. So all of you have got me thinking again, where to shell out the extra lakh from.

The color would a white this time, Vento looks the best in that (my personal opinion).
Old 7th December 2010, 20:11   #1211
Distinguished - BHPian

VW Pune is starting to get on my nerves now. I asked them today when I can expect my Vento AT and the response is "Maybe Feb". I said I would look at other colour options etc. if they have any in stock and the answer was "No cars in stock". The "take it or leave it" attitude is starting to get old now. I only hope this car is worth it.
Old 8th December 2010, 00:13   #1212
BHPian

Quote:
Going for a RED Vento sure will be a bold move .From side on it sure looks a beauty.And the VW Red paint finish sure is a standout. However i am not that sure about how the Red looks on the backside .Neways i went for it as my Swift and the Pulsar were both red and have given very good performance inspite of being driven to the limit -- 1 lakh plus kms each.
Even I want a Red. But my official booking still has 2 colours mentioned there - Red and Black. Guess I have 3 more weeks to decide between the two and I hope to take a Red

Quote:
I may get killed for this but cant help thinking Does the increase in production have something to do with the launch of the Toyota Etios.From the specs it sure looks a good package.And if there are people who are not willing to settle for the Vento 4-6 mths waiting period, as was the case earlier, they might go in for Etios coming in at a lesser price.
Some of the Petrol buyers might go for it; esp the ones who are looking for mileage and reliability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Tell me about the torque rush (I drive a Scorpio mHawk currently). Yes you are right, Diesel seems to be a better choice. So all of you have got me thinking again, where to shell out the extra lakh from.

The color would a white this time, Vento looks the best in that (my personal opinion).
Glad we could help you (To spend some more)
Old 8th December 2010, 09:17   #1213
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

I hear spares of Vento are very expensive - for example front bumper costs over 17000 Rs. Can someone confirm the spares maintenance prices of Vento for a better understanding of TCO.
Old 8th December 2010, 09:59   #1214
Distinguished - BHPian

Going to collect my 'Much awaited Vento' today evening. Got the car reg yesterday.! Will update you the report soon. Finally I get to change my signature too. ;-)
Old 8th December 2010, 10:13   #1215
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Hey Naveen that's one review we've been waiting for with bated breath! Enjoy your new ride.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks