Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2010, 16:08   #1186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
..Eagerly awaiting to see the snaps of your candy white Vento with the Stanley interiors. Please start your ownership thread asap...
Thanks Khoj & AutoIndian. I've just started a new ownership experience thread...

Last edited by msprabhakar : 5th December 2010 at 16:09.
Old 5th December 2010, 20:15   #1187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Express View Post
Going by the updates on this thread i did settle for that.But what i am about to write now may come as a suprise for all you.It definitely was a suprise for me !!!.

I got a call from the dealer on 1-Dec-10 stating my car has arrived and that i need to initiate the payment process.I asked the guy on the phone to reconfirm .He stated that they themselves were suprised !!!! as no one had got the allotment under 1 month.

Please post your comments.
Advance Congratulations to you Swift Express. You are really lucky , but this at least goes to show there is some silver lining in the dark cloud of Vento waiting periods. As you said someone might have canceled his booking & you got the benefit. However kudos to the dealership for being fair & allotting that car to you rather than indulging in any malpractices as experienced by some members over here.
Old 6th December 2010, 00:00   #1188
BHPian

Quote:
But what i am about to write now may come as a suprise for all you.It definitely was a suprise for me !!!.

I got a call from the dealer on 1-Dec-10 stating my car has arrived and that i need to initiate the payment process.I asked the guy on the phone to reconfirm .He stated that they themselves were suprised !!!! as no one had got the allotment under 1 month.
I think its because you opted for a Trendline. Folks in Bangalore and Cochin were saying that you get it in a month if its a Trendline. But you will have to wait for a long time if its a HL.

BTW, I saw 3 Vento's yesterday. May be more cars are being delivered now. A White TDI HL, Silver TDI HL and a Red Petrol HL. Saw this Red one near Ulsoor lake in the night and I liked it. We stopped our car and checked it from all angles. May be I will go with Red itself
Old 6th December 2010, 13:40   #1189

Thanks Noopster, Uday, Naveen. I guess I must not expect double digits from my Vento AT. Dealer says delivery period is 3-4 months at Bangalore. Am now preparing to forget all about my new car till I hear of the allotment :-(
Meanwhile I have to say that my test drives absolutely convinced me to go for the Vento. As a 5-year Scorpio owner, my expections on sturdiness was high, and the Vento met that in addition to offering very classy looks and feature-rich interiors.
Old 6th December 2010, 14:07   #1190
Distinguished - BHPian

My Vento has arrived.! Got the call from VW. After a very long wait, finally got to hear the glad news.!
Old 6th December 2010, 14:22   #1191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
My Vento has arrived.! Got the call from VW. After a very long wait, finally got to hear the glad news.!
Congratulations Naveen. Your patience has borne the fruit at last. So what is the final delivery date & how many weeks did your waiting period end into?
Old 6th December 2010, 14:38   #1192
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Naveen!

Enjoy the addictive torque for now. Eagerly awaiting the photographs of your car
Old 6th December 2010, 14:41   #1193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Naveen. Your patience has borne the fruit at last. So what is the final delivery date & how many weeks did your waiting period end into?
I swear dude..! One long wait i should say. 8th is the delivery date. 4 months exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Congratulations Naveen!

Enjoy the addictive torque for now. Eagerly awaiting the photographs of your car
Thanks dude. Definitely. Will be uploading it as soon as I get the car.!
Old 6th December 2010, 16:30   #1194
Senior - BHPian

After waiting & watching for all this while I am finally on the verge of booking the Vento.

I have got the following quote from VW Navi Mumbai:

Vento Petrol (HL Petrol MT)

On Road price: 902000
Corporate Discount: 14000
Final Price: 888000
Waiting Time: 2 months

Vento Diesel (HL Diesel)

On Road price:1011000
Corporate Discount:16000
Final Price :995000
Waiting Time:3 months

Need advise if it can be bettered further.

No freebies or accessories. I will have to shell out for the following basic accessories:

1. Floor Mats
2. Mudflaps
3. Reverse Sonar (Can't live without it now)

I will forgo the Sun Film (never had in any of my cars so why start now) & the Teflon and underbody coating.

I am planning to go for the Highline Petrol MT since my running is less than 500 Kms in a month and with looming prospects of Diesel prices coming at par with Petrol that advantage may also be lost.

I will surely miss the following when compared to my Scorpio:

1. Steering mounted audio controls
2. Cruise Control
3. Auto Lights
4. Auto Wipers
5. Audiable warnings
6. Tyre Pressure Monitors

Planning for a TD this week end to take a call (I may perhaps have a lookie and try the TD of the Etios on the same day )

Last edited by m_upreti : 6th December 2010 at 16:35.
Old 6th December 2010, 16:50   #1195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
After waiting & watching for all this while I am finally on the verge of booking the Vento.

I have got the following quote from VW Navi Mumbai:

Vento Diesel (HL Diesel)

Planning for a TD this week end to take a call (I may perhaps have a lookie and try the TD of the Etios on the same day )
Well well! the waiting time of 3 months looks like a good sign, when did you take the quote ?

Seems that VW is doing something about the delivery dates. That way I guess we should get our cars delivered in a couple of months
Old 6th December 2010, 18:56   #1196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to go for the Highline Petrol MT since my running is less than 500 Kms in a month and with looming prospects of Diesel prices coming at par with Petrol that advantage may also be lost.
May I suggest you to buy Vento D.
Trust me you will enjoy the torque rush. 1L is a nominal price to pay for it. And as far as I know Diesel prices will not shoot up in near future. And even if it does you will still enjoy the Better Milage.

In Fact to me If you are bent upon buying a petrol go for T-Jet.
This is just my opinion. Have a look at T-Jet before jumping into any decision.
Old 6th December 2010, 21:10   #1197
BHPian

As a petrol Vento MT owner I'll suggest a Diesel to anyone who asks me as well
Old 6th December 2010, 22:44   #1198
BHPian

Quote:
Thats one of the most awaited Vento in this thread.. Happy for you. Waiting to see your report.

Quote:
Vento Petrol (HL Petrol MT)

On Road price: 902000
Corporate Discount: 14000
Final Price: 888000
Waiting Time: 2 months

Vento Diesel (HL Diesel)

We are paying 1.08 lacs more in bangalore. Terrible! . You should for a minute assume that you are in Bangalore and just got for Diesel and enjoy that torque.

Had a talk with the dealer today. If some one is in a hurry to get your car, then don't go for white and silver. More bookings are on those and it will take more time. I am for either Black or Red. So I might get it in Jan itself if I am lucky.
Old 7th December 2010, 00:26   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
Advance Congratulations to you Swift Express. You are really lucky , but this at least goes to show there is some silver lining in the dark cloud of Vento waiting periods. As you said someone might have canceled his booking & you got the benefit. However kudos to the dealership for being fair & allotting that car to you rather than indulging in any malpractices as experienced by some members over here.
Thanks AutoIndian for the wishes.Hope i get lucky with the ownership experience as well.Do think VW has ramped up production or maybe it was going slow initially on the numbers front with the focus more on quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
I think its because you opted for a Trendline. Folks in Bangalore and Cochin were saying that you get it in a month if its a Trendline. But you will have to wait for a long time if its a HL.

BTW, I saw 3 Vento's yesterday. May be more cars are being delivered now. A White TDI HL, Silver TDI HL and a Red Petrol HL. Saw this Red one near Ulsoor lake in the night and I liked it. We stopped our car and checked it from all angles. May be I will go with Red itself
Do agree with you on the waiting period being less for Trendline.When i had boooked it i was told that Trendline waiting period is 3-4 months and that for HL is 6 months.Why i was taken aback was that the actual waiting period was not even half of what was told to me.

Going for a RED Vento sure will be a bold move .From side on it sure looks a beauty.And the VW Red paint finish sure is a standout. However i am not that sure about how the Red looks on the backside .Neways i went for it as my Swift and the Pulsar were both red and have given very good performance inspite of being driven to the limit -- 1 lakh plus kms each.
Old 7th December 2010, 10:45   #1200
BHPian

Quote:
At last! Quite a few of us were eagerly waiting for your Vento to arrive, as you were one of the first to report a confirmed booking.
Congratulations. Please keep us updated with your ownership experiences.

Quote:
Thanks AutoIndian for the wishes.Hope i get lucky with the ownership experience as well.Do think VW has ramped up production or maybe it was going slow initially on the numbers front with the focus more on quality.
Congratulations Swift Express. Going by my experience in the last 20 days, I am sure you will have loads of fun with your Vento.
Even I think VW has ramped up its production, as I am getting to hear and see more Ventos delivered in the last 2-3 weeks.

Last edited by ventoman : 7th December 2010 at 10:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks