Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2024, 12:34   #9901
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Thought of providing updates on the works done as the car had been driven for some 400 kms after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
Dealer is suggesting a Suspension overhaul and a few other changes which will cost upwards of 60K.
Quote:
Visited Jai Prakash on Wednesday. He did a test drive and inspected the suspension. He said it needs a complete overhaul.
Quote:
Suspension overhaul will cost 33K for Sachs and 30K for Monroe.
Suspension was completely overhauled with TRW shocks, both front and back including steering rack. Total cost came to Rs. 36,700. Got the work done at a FNG nearby - Surya Motors (Bosch Service) at Pallikaranai, Chennai.

After the overhaul, I am able to feel the ride is bit stiffer, but no rear suspension noise or the thud over speed breakers. I also feel a bit of discomfort in uneven roads, sometimes, where the right and left shocks movements are felt as if they are not in sync. Probably its just my feel knowing there is a change in shocks. I am expecting the shocks to settle over a period of time as its now much better than the first ride. Fingers crossed.

I tried a maneuver that I had done multiple times, in which I navigate a 45 degree curve at a particular speed. With the new suspension it didn't feel that confident, so did it at a solid 30 kmph lesser. Again probably my perception. But certainly wanted to play safe.

Overall, the suspension work helped to drive confidently over rough patches without any problems, but the ride quality isn't plush.

Quote:
Also by then my AC was becoming less effective. He is quoting 37K for the complete AC overhaul including the condenser coil. If we skip the condenser coil, then it would be 30K.
Surya identified this to be a problem with a Compressor valve and not the compressor itself. So was able to fix this at Rs. 4,600.

Quote:
He also suggested timing belt / chain change, which would cost 20K. He would get the timing kit that includes the water pump.
Got this done by Surya at 21K.

Last edited by Crank : 17th July 2024 at 12:36. Reason: Grammar
Crank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 20:51   #9902

Hello all,

I have been a regular visitor to Team-Bhp since 2011 and i am so happy to finally become a member of this wonderful forum. One of my current vehicles is Volkswagen Vento 1.6 TDI 2013 with 220000kms on the odometer.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-whatsapp-image-20240729-20.44.10.jpeg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-whatsapp-image-20240729-20.20.29.jpeg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-whatsapp-image-20240729-20.44.11.jpeg  

Stig6914! is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 21:05   #9903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormodore View Post
Mechatronics oil and gear oil change in my Vento TSI

My Vento TSI is around 8 years old and has run around 48K KM

Engineering Exponents (EE) in Bangalore upon recommendation from BHPian Rajeevraj.
Thank you for the detailed write up , my pre-owned Vento TSI is of similar vintage and ODO

As I'm based out of Bangalore so EE is no brainer for me , however before I start sourcing the oil wanted to know if you have noticed any difference in GB performance. Currently my GB is working fine and gear shifts are seamless as expected. I intend to keep the car for few more years ( They don't make such cars anymore ) & would like to ensure I take the required precautions to extend the life of the DSG.

Thanks,
Sandeep
Gotham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 23:04   #9904
BHPian

I have a Ameo TDI DSG and its run 80k.

At 65k service, I got a similar response from VW ASS folks when I insisted on both gearbox and mechatronic oil change.
Since my car is under warranty - 6 years so had to abide by their illogical reasons and also the fear they tried to jnstill that VW won't be liable for any issues under warranty. Hence only got the gearbox oil changed.

It's really strange that VW management also doesn't support and is unaware on the mechatronic oil change.
Old 30th July 2024, 14:22   #9905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
As I'm based out of Bangalore so EE is no brainer for me , however before I start sourcing the oil wanted to know if you have noticed any difference in GB performance. Currently my GB is working fine and gear shifts are seamless as expected. I intend to keep the car for few more years ( They don't make such cars anymore ) & would like to ensure I take the required precautions to extend the life of the DSG.
My GB was working fine before the oil change and after the oil change (there was no change in the behaviour). The oil change was a precautionary measure, as I was not convinced by VW's claim that their DSG is sealed for life, given that it has constantly moving parts. This concern was also reinforced by the expiry dates on the gearbox oil and mechatronics oil that I had procured.

The extracted mechatronics oil had the viscosity of water and was black in color(you can check the picture).
cormodore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 18:37   #9906
Senior - BHPian

Folks any reference for DSG oil change in Pune ? Garve Skoda is denying oil change and says it is not required.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks