Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2023, 14:38   #9826

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Hi guys, I have a 2012 1.6 Vento TDi manual having clocked about 1,35,000 kms on the odo. I need some suggestions with regards to the clutch on my car.

Recently the clutch pedal got stuck in the pressed position and had to be manually lifted up. Then it worked fine for me to get home from work. I have not driven the car since. According to my FNG the clutch needs to be replaced and also will have to take a look at the slave cylinder once it is removed.

I agree with the clutch needing replacement as it was juddering while moving the car from a standing position when on an incline.

My confusion is with regards to the flywheel. according to my VIN the car is supposed to have a dual mass flywheel which is costing around 18,000/-. However, my FNG is recommending that I can go with the single Mass flywheel as well, which costs around 6,000/-. Both Dual as well as the Single Mass flywheel are original VW product.

Can the learned members of this forum offer some insight into this. Can I go for the Single Mass Flywheel and what may be downside to this. The price difference between both is as much as three time. Alternatively, can the original flywheel be resurfaced and reused considering that it is almost 12 years old and done about 1,35,000 kms.

The clutch on my car had been replaced at 80,000 kms at which time the flywheel was resurfaced and reused, according to the garage who did the job. However, in my recent research on the dual mass flywheel it has come to my knowledge that the same cannot be resurfaced and needs to be changed.

Thanks in advance.
rohit1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 23:10   #9827
BHPian

Hello, I have a query regarding the soft cushion which is present around the water deflector grill. This is located under the bonnet in the Vento. It extends the entire length of the grill. Where could I get this part or can there be a do it yourself for this. It's a soft material which act like a sound absorber.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-screenshot_2023_0415_230545.jpg  

pranayy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 11:08   #9828
BHPian

Every time when the fuel level goes below the halfway mark, all the values of Trip-2 get reset to zero. It happens every single time at the exact same level of fuel. What could be the reason? Any one else faced this issue?

Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 13:48   #9829
BHPian

Hello, Where can I source the Volkswagen Vento 1.6 petrol engine cover. I have attached the picture. I see one being sold on boodmo. Not sure if anyone has purchased from this site and have compatible products. Any help on this.
Old 19th April 2023, 13:50   #9830
BHPian

Attached the image. I am looking for this part in Mumbai.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-screenshot_2023_0419_134947.jpg  

Old 20th April 2023, 20:21   #9831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranayy View Post
Hello, I have a query regarding the soft cushion which is present around the water deflector grill. This is located under the bonnet in the Vento. It extends the entire length of the grill. Where could I get this part or can there be a do it yourself for this. It's a soft material which act like a sound absorber.
did you mean the sound insulation under the bonnet? you can find it here -
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-6r0863831b-28495543/
even I replaced mine last year as the previous one was completely torn. Installing it is also very easy hardly takes 5mins. Just make sure all the clips are locked properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit1806 View Post
My confusion is with regards to the flywheel. according to my VIN the car is supposed to have a dual mass flywheel which is costing around 18,000/-. However, my FNG is recommending that I can go with the single Mass flywheel as well, which costs around 6,000/-. Both Dual as well as the Single Mass flywheel are original VW product.

Thanks in advance.
The vento tdi manual came with a single mass flywheel.

Quote:
Hello, Where can I source the Volkswagen Vento 1.6 petrol engine cover. I have attached the picture. I see one being sold on boodmo. Not sure if anyone has purchased from this site and have compatible products. Any help on this.
Get it from boodmo if it the product on sale is fulfilled by boodmo else you can get it from any scrap car dealer

Last edited by Atharva4545 : 20th April 2023 at 20:22. Reason: -
Atharva4545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 12:33   #9832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atharva4545 View Post
did you mean the sound insulation under the bonnet? you can find it here -
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-6r0863831b-28495543/
even I replaced mine last year as the previous one was completely torn. Installing it is also very easy hardly takes 5mins. Just make sure all the clips are locked properly

This is not the part I am looking for. The cushion is around the water deflector which is present near the wiper area. It protects the edge of this deflector. It's rubber beading with thermocol type material on the ends.

Get it from boodmo if it the product on sale is fulfilled by boodmo else you can get it from any scrap car dealer
Thanks for the input. The part mentioned on this site is fulfilled by boodmo. I will order it.
Old 21st April 2023, 13:33   #9833
BHPian

Folks, any recommendations for a good FNG for vento near sarjapur road/bellandur area in Bangalore.

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st April 2023, 21:46   #9834
BHPian

Re: IndianOil rolls out green fuel "XtraGreen" at 126 Fuel Stations across 63 cities in India

I came across the problem of high RPM idling today in my Vento TDI 1.6. The car has run 1.1 lac kms. It started with my AC shutting off suddenly on the move today & the battery light was glowing in the console. My battery was more than 4 years old, I faced cranking issues in the last few weeks, so I got the battery checked. Battery was found to be weak, so I got it replaced.

Once the new battery was fixed, I felt the engine is at higher RPM at idle. But in the evening, the AC went off again & I noticed that the engine is at 1000RPMs at idle. After I drive a bit, it comes back to normal & can I see it at around 800RPMs at idle but after sometime or couple of stops I am noticing it again reaching 1000RPMs at idle. Not sure what is the issue & I am also not sure if AC & RPM issues are related. The car was serviced a week back at VW & it has hardly run 100kms after that. I have a 400kms trip planned for tomorrow. Planning to get this checked at VW and then start the journey. Any advise is much appreciated!

Last edited by DheerajNK : 21st April 2023 at 21:48.
Old 22nd April 2023, 12:59   #9835
Senior - BHPian

Re: IndianOil rolls out green fuel "XtraGreen" at 126 Fuel Stations across 63 cities in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by DheerajNK View Post
I came across the problem of high RPM idling today in my Vento TDI 1.6. The car has run 1.1 lac kms. It started with my AC shutting off suddenly on the move today & the battery light was glowing in the console. My battery was more than 4 years old, I faced cranking issues in the last few weeks, so I got the battery checked. Battery was found to be weak, so I got it replaced.

Any advise is much appreciated!
Have you ever cleaned the radiator? If not, then the problem may be due to clogged radiator. Over time the accumulated rust and at times dust clog up a few tubes, so it is advisable to get the radiator cleaned thoroughly at leat once every 60K Km.
Old 23rd April 2023, 15:58   #9836
BHPian

Quote:
Attached the image. I am looking for this part in Mumbai.
From the ASC. Do they not have it?

Once ASC had removed my cover during servicing for some reason and had forgotten to put it back again. I did not check it while taking delivery and only came to know after a couple of weeks when suddenly one of the wiring there went bad (probably rat bite). It is a cheap part so got a new one. Details mentioned in the bill. The bill is a couple of years old so the price could have gone up a bit

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_2588.jpg

Edit: Just saw that you have ordered it from boodmo

Last edited by nick.cs : 23rd April 2023 at 16:01.
Old 25th April 2023, 12:36   #9837
BHPian

Hi guys, does anyone know where I can find Sachs front dampers/shocks for the Vento 1.2 tsi in New Delhi? My car needs front shocks badly and I don't want to go with the garbage OEM ones. Any other alternatives to Sachs? Some shop suggested Munjal - never heard of these for VW
Old 2nd May 2023, 09:15   #9838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry can View Post
Hi guys, does anyone know where I can find Sachs front dampers/shocks for the Vento 1.2 tsi in New Delhi? My car needs front shocks badly and I don't want to go with the garbage OEM ones. Any other alternatives to Sachs? Some shop suggested Munjal - never heard of these for VW
You can talk to a couple of good FNGs and they'll have some choices. From my limited knowledge, the OEM ones are from Gabriel and I've heard of Sachs and Bilstien. They would be available on boodmo as well.

There are a few threads here on vento shock absorber upgrades which might help you.
Old 23rd May 2023, 21:03   #9839
BHPian

Has anyone used Lemforder/ZF suspension parts on their vento?

How are the reviews of the Schaeffler/FAG Struts? I think the current OEM VW parts are of low quality comapred to pre-2014?

How are the above mentioned parts in terms of reliability?

I just picked up some India made - Pune made Lemforder Link Rods! Packaging and ZF India office checksout

Last edited by MartinVirage : 23rd May 2023 at 21:04.
Old 25th May 2023, 19:00   #9840
BHPian

Hi All,

I got this yellow constant light on RPM meter today afternoon for the 1st time. Travelled for 3 km and found no problem in drive. Then switched off the car, started after 15 min, and the light is gone. What could be the problem. Tomorrow, I will take the car for a scan.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-rpm.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks