Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2019, 18:41   #9301
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
I doubt VW Workshop cleans it. They would normally replace it.

I'm surprised, your Tuner didn't do a soft EGR delete.

Do check with your Tuner about it. That's what most Tuners do.
My tuner said that it might cause issues with the CEL coming up. I thus decided not to get an egr delete done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Off topic, but there shouldn't be an issue. First check if there is an EGR Delete done.

Our Laura did 75,000kms, majority of which was post remap. I would routinely hold on to higher RPMs (3000 - 3500 rpm) on an open road for a few seconds every few hundred kms of sedate driving.
The thing that worries me is that the car is always driven very sedately below 2000 rpm 90% of the times. I do ask my dad to take it to 4000 rpm though, but i still can't be at peace about the egr not going bad. The only change i have observed is that the engine clatter has increased marginally after 45K km. It reduced a lot post remap, but the engine is still say, 10-15% coarser than what it should sound IMHO. I am looking to try STP injector cleaner and see what happens though. Otherwise, performance remains excellent. No complains. Once above 2000 rpm, she pulls very well almost upto redline.

Last edited by vishy76 : 17th April 2019 at 18:45.
Old 17th April 2019, 19:39   #9302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
The only change i have observed is that the engine clatter has increased marginally after 45K km. It reduced a lot post remap, but the engine is still say, 10-15% coarser than what it should sound IMHO. I am looking to try STP injector cleaner and see what happens though. Otherwise, performance remains excellent. No complains. Once above 2000 rpm, she pulls very well almost upto redline.
When was the last service done?
Post remap, I generally got the service every 10Kkm instead of the Skoda recommended 15Kkm interval, and the car was running very smoothly.

Also, it's fine if it runs 90% below 2,000 rpm. In the city my car wasn't much different, but do ensure you take it out every once in a while to give it that much deserved cleaning.

Has the car been retuned under the dieselgate scandal post the remap?

Also, would recommend shifting this out of the Vento thread before we go further off-topic!
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 07:52   #9303
BHPian

Hi everyone. I own a Vento highline TDI 2011 model.

Since last 2 weeks the air flow from the center two air vents on the front has stopped. The vents at the two ends of the dashboard are working fine though.

What could be the issue with the center 2 air vents?
Old 19th April 2019, 23:33   #9304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
1. Why does the Vento sell relatively cheaper than it's competition, such as the Honda City of the same vintage?
Brand Image. VW = heavy on pocket so cheaper in seconds market.

Product quality, its the best amongs't the segment.

Quote:
2. Is the Vento FNG friendly?
Depends how technically knowledgeable is the FNG.

I send my Vento to Authorized Workshop only as parts are same and labour ain't that expensive. Plus peace of mind.

Quote:
I'm thinking of a 2012-13 Vento (Petrol) and would love to get some more insight from the good people here.
Petrol 1.6 is damn reliable. 1.6 TDi does true justice to the car.

Quote:
My tuner said that it might cause issues with the CEL coming up. I thus decided not to get an egr delete done.
Tuner is a novice. No such thing happens.

Every tuner post remap does soft delete of EGR. Get it done and stop worrying about it. Plus your car will gain 5-10 BHp of power.

Quote:
I am looking to try STP injector cleaner and see what happens though. Otherwise, performance remains excellent. No complains. Once above 2000 rpm, she pulls very well almost upto redline.
Try Liqui Moly instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFanatic View Post
Since last 2 weeks the air flow from the center two air vents on the front has stopped. The vents at the two ends of the dashboard are working fine though.
Have it checked at VW Workshop. Most probably flow regulator would be broken. Anyways cost of AC vents have considerably reduced.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2019, 23:41   #9305
BHPian

Thanks el lobo 6061

How much approx cost do you anticipate VW would quote if the flow regulator needs to be replaced?
Old 21st April 2019, 00:25   #9306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks el lobo 6061

How much approx cost do you anticipate VW would quote if the flow regulator needs to be replaced?
Will let you tomorrow as getting all AC vents replaced on a friends Vento from VW Workshop.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 11:45   #9307
BHPian

Hi el lobo 6061

Did you visit the VW service centre for AC vents replacement? How much did it cost?
Old 22nd April 2019, 13:03   #9308
BHPian

Quote:
Recently I changed all the flow regulators myself. Purchased the OEM vents outside and set me lower by Rs 3100.
Old 22nd April 2019, 13:03   #9309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you visit the VW service centre for AC vents replacement? How much did it cost?
Yes I did.

Front Left & Right AC vent are priced same
MRP: Rs. 945 each

Center AC vent
MRP: Rs. 1,873

Mfg By: DeCon India Plastics Pvt. Ltd Pune.
Old 22nd April 2019, 14:00   #9310
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks el lobo 6061

I have replaced flow regulator on Rapid. Price was around 2500/-. To replace flow regulator service center has to remove dashboard.

If you don't want this, you can ask service advisor to reroute air flow to upper AC vents(sides and middle) only. Its hardly 5 minute job. But air flow to foot well just below the dashboard will stop permanently.

Last edited by kalpurja : 22nd April 2019 at 14:02.
kalpurja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 15:30   #9311
BHPian

thenomad/el lobo 6061/kalpurja.

Thanks a lot for the info.

kalpurja: As you said Rerouting is a 5 minute job, does it imply rerouting doesnt require the dashboard to be removed?

How much time does it take otherwise for the complete job if i go for the flow regulator replacement way?
Old 22nd April 2019, 20:54   #9312
BHPian

Quote:
How much time does it take otherwise for the complete job if i go for the flow regulator replacement way?
For the vents in left and right side you could use a prying tool for them to pop out. The middle vent requires removal of the face plate which surrounds the music system and air con controls, followed by loosening of the music system screws to remove the unit. I was able to complete the job in 2 hours as it took sometime for me to figure things out. Service center folks would probably do it under an hour. You don't have to do remove the dashboard.
thenomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 10:26   #9313
BHPian

I am facing an issue where is noise coming from the steering rack. One of the FNG garages (Car repair & maintenance - German Motor Works, Chennai)in Chennai tells me that the steering rack can be serviced instead of a replacement. The estimated cost would be INR 3500 and about INR 1500 for labour with one year warranty.

The issue apparently is because of moisture and dust that somehow seeps into the steering rack causing this issue. So they would take it to a lathe where they remove the seals, repack with grease and seal it again back and the work is done at the lathe. The garage has apparently done this work for lot of cars and apparently its a routine for them.

Has anyone serviced their Vento steering rack earlier? I would to get a first hand opinion
Old 25th April 2019, 16:09   #9314
BHPian

What are the labor charges for opening the Vento dashboard for fixing these ac issues?

Can someone please provide the approx labor charges please (only labor charges excluding cost of parts to be replaced etc.)?

Last edited by SpeedFanatic : 25th April 2019 at 16:17.
Old 26th April 2019, 02:11   #9315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can someone please provide the approx labor charges please (only labor charges excluding cost of parts to be replaced etc.)?
Rs. 520 incl tax for replacing all 3 dashboard AC vents at VW Workshop.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks