Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2018, 12:21   #9241
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Seems like i have mistakenly set up the speed limit at 30 kmph while playing with the settings on odometer on my Vento Highline 2011.
Now every time i exceed this limit it starts beeping and blinking.

Any clue how to set it up back to the default limits?

Last edited by SpeedFanatic : 30th December 2018 at 12:26.
Old 30th December 2018, 22:44   #9242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
What I've also noticed is the flap for the re-circulation (present on the firewall in the passenger side footwell) usually gets so filthy and jammed up that it doesn't open and close properly. Do check that as well.
Hi Rehaan can you please provide more detail about this flap? What does it look like or feel like? I have reached around the foot well, below the glovebox. I could not feel anything that could be turned or twisted. The user manual does not provide any detail either.
Old 2nd January 2019, 06:51   #9243
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks with 2010/2011/2012 Ventos, how's the suspension looking like on your vehicles? What all replacements/repairs have you undergone or planning to over the recent years?

Got my car checked have been told to replace
- Front & rear shock absorbers, buffer kits, mounts
- Front link rod, balance rod bush
- Front lower arm assembly, arm ball joint
- Steering rack end, tie rod end, and a complete overhaul

Have put it on hold to get a second opinion but I believe this is on the cards. Would like to get opinions/experiences/views on this as well as your own cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarsh10 View Post

In the past couple of years, it has had an EGR Wire replacement, AC motor replacement, one diesel injector replacement.
Currently, it feels as if the car is slowly ageing and falling apart. One of the power window motors need a replacement, the cost of which VW estimates to be around 25k, the clutch needs an overhaul as the car has mostly been driven in Bangalore city bumper to bumper traffic, costing about another 25k.
The rear defogger doesn't work anymore, no idea on the repair estimate, the boot lights also do not work anymore. Remote window up/down on locking/unlocking the car also doesn't work anymore.
Most of these issues (except the EGR wire, AC motor) are popping up on mine too, plus a few more. My boot wasn't locking for a while, and then started working on its own; clutch wire replaced and other issues. I guess that's the life expectancy of most of the parts on the Vento.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Oh, and btw, your automatic window roll up on locking isn’t working because one window isn’t working.
Aha! No wonder!
Old 2nd January 2019, 11:32   #9244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFanatic View Post
Seems like i have mistakenly set up the speed limit at 30 kmph while playing with the settings on odometer on my Vento Highline 2011.
Now every time i exceed this limit it starts beeping and blinking.
Check out this video. It's very similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Folks with 2010/2011/2012 Ventos, how's the suspension looking like on your vehicles? What all replacements/repairs have you undergone or planning to over the recent years?

Have put it on hold to get a second opinion but I believe this is on the cards. Would like to get opinions/experiences/views on this as well as your own cars.
Check out halfbytecode's experience on getting the stock setup back! Refer to 'Suspension Overhaul'

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post4098485
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2019, 14:16   #9245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I always put AC on recirculation mode in my Vento, which means block outside air from coming in. However I still get to smell those big drains and petrol diesel fumes. Is this normal for Vento? I want to totally cut off the Delhi polluted air.
Even though you keep re-circulation mode, the flap does not block 100% outside air. This would have been designed keeping in mind the fresh air required to avoid any possible choking (I opened it myself last year to verify). You can buy optional accessories carbon AC filter to avoid bad smell and odour from getting inside car.

Quote:
Hi Rehaan can you please provide more detail about this flap? What does it look like or feel like? I have reached around the foot well, below the glovebox. I could not feel anything that could be turned or twisted. The user manual does not provide any detail either.
One need to open the glove box and fan blower to see the flap. Its not exposed outside, and believe me its one herculean task to execute. I suggest not to do unless you are an expert.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th January 2019 at 07:02. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts. Thanks.
driveup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 16:57   #9246
BHPian

Guy need some help here.

My 2012 Vento has been pretty much stand still for a good part of last year as I had to move due to work. I got it serviced in the first week of April 2018 at 77.7k kms. Brake pad and discs were both changed as well. My Dad barely drove the car, just the usual near by grocery runs and is currently standing at 79.9k kms, so 2200 kms done over 9 months.

Since I have moved back home now, thought maybe it would be a good idea to get it serviced. Called up the newly opened Service Centre here in Thane. They quoted me 14k for the service, which seemed quite high to me.

So just thought would check in here whether it would be advisable to get it serviced right away or get some mileage clocked ? My last service I was told the next interval would be 15k kms or the usual 12 months. The car is well under both, so hence thought would check-in here.
Old 3rd January 2019, 18:52   #9247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniHilat0R View Post
Guy need some help here.

Since I have moved back home now, thought maybe it would be a good idea to get it serviced. Called up the newly opened Service Center here in Thane. They quoted me 14k for the service, which seemed quite high to me.

My last service I was told the next interval would be 15k kms or the usual 12 months. The car is well under both, so hence thought would check-in here.
You are right. According to them you need to get it serviced for whichever comes earlier. In your case it is the 12 months that is approaching.

They will still replace things that are in their service checklist even if you want or not; even though they are still good.

For example: Air and oil filters. They would not have taken a hit to be replaced but they will still do it.
Even engine oil will be changed if it is still in usable condition.

So, my suggestion is take to ASC or an FNG and tell them to inspect for stuffs like air and oil filter, Engine oil, suspension, electricals, mounts etc.

Ask them notto service it. If no issues are found then use it for next 3 months and munch as many miles as you can and then visit the ASC or FNG during the scheduled interval.

Getting the service done right away is not worthy at this point in time; get it inspected instead and react based on it's output.

Last edited by sangam_mm93 : 3rd January 2019 at 18:58. Reason: rephrasing
sangam_mm93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 00:33   #9248
BHPian

Guys, have a 1.6 MPI Vento - 2011

Thought about Mobil 1 for Engine Oil. But now I realize there are 2 variations for 5W30 -
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00...H2K8S52G&psc=1
https://www.amazon.in/Mobil-5W30-Ful...CWQVJ1Z02P4CC6

Can't really figure out the added effects of the ESP. Any recommendations ?
Old 4th January 2019, 13:24   #9249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangam_mm93 View Post
You are right. According to them you need to get it serviced for whichever comes earlier. In your case it is the 12 months that is approaching.

They will still replace things that are in their service checklist even if you want or not; even though they are still good.

For example: Air and oil filters. They would not have taken a hit to be replaced but they will still do it.
Even engine oil will be changed if it is still in usable condition.

So, my suggestion is take to ASC or an FNG and tell them to inspect for stuffs like air and oil filter, Engine oil, suspension, electricals, mounts etc.

Ask them notto service it. If no issues are found then use it for next 3 months and munch as many miles as you can and then visit the ASC or FNG during the scheduled interval.

Getting the service done right away is not worthy at this point in time; get it inspected instead and react based on it's output.
Thanks a lot Sangam for summing it up ! Have scheduled an inspection at the moment, will take a call on that basis. Thanks !
Old 4th January 2019, 13:51   #9250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Most of these issues (except the EGR wire, AC motor) are popping up on mine too, plus a few more. My boot wasn't locking for a while, and then started working on its own; clutch wire replaced and other issues. I guess that's the life expectancy of most of the parts on the Vento.

Aha! No wonder!
My 2010 Vento needs suspension overhaul too. What is the approximate price quoted for your replacements ? I have a good FNG who sources parts from VW and does the repair and will be doing that.
Old 4th January 2019, 14:21   #9251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
My 2010 Vento needs suspension overhaul too. What is the approximate price quoted for your replacements ? I have a good FNG who sources parts from VW and does the repair and will be doing that.
Quote:
~35k inr for the above including labor and parts
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2019, 05:54   #9252
NH6

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeH View Post
Guys, have a 1.6 MPI Vento - 2011

Thought about Mobil 1 for Engine Oil. But now I realize there are 2 variations

Can't really figure out the added effects of the ESP. Any recommendations ?
I am not sure if you want to check for Liqui Moly from Amazon or your local shop. Let me know if you need help sourcing this magic oil in Mumbai Thane region. Also add Ceratec. I also bought their gear oil additive. Car is butter smooth, silent, and drinks less fuel.
Old 5th January 2019, 08:46   #9253
NH6

Quote:
I always put AC on recirculation mode in my Vento, which means block outside air from coming in. However I still get to smell those big drains and petrol diesel fumes. Is this normal for Vento? I want to totally cut off the Delhi polluted air.
I too wish to do the same.

@Team BHP
Is there anyone who managed to completely filter out or block outside air? I use Tufkote AC foam cleaner sourced thru Amazon to disinfect/ clear dust from the AC vents. But no respite from complete elimination of bad odour or pollution whilst recirculation.
Carbon filter helps in recirculation of cabin air but does not clean or purify outside air. Please correct me, if otherwise.

Recirculation, i believe, is still letting some external air and perhaps unclean and unfiltered🤔

@Mods, please help post it to the correct topic as i could not find if there is one to address this issue. Thanks
Old 5th January 2019, 09:18   #9254
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH6 View Post
Recirculation, i believe, is still letting some external air and perhaps unclean and unfiltered🤔
Recirculation will always let in some outside air, across cars because it is by design for safety.

However, outside air isn't smelly all the time, of you get a bad smell every time you turn the AC on, chances are that your HVAC has something inside it which is either rotting or foul smelling.
Old 5th January 2019, 21:06   #9255
BHPian

My other car Hyundai Getz does not allow so much outside air in recirculation mode. In fact in the Getz I never get to smell outside air. We have done 1.5 to 2 hour continuous driving without opening window, without any problem. Never felt deficiency of fresh air. I have always felt that the Vento is allowing too much outside air in in recirculation mode.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks