Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2018, 23:01   #9226
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
By the way, are you planning for the manual or the DSG variant ?
It's a Vento TDI Highline MT - On its way to dealership presumably ;
I have checked the VIN and it's a September 2018 manufactured car ;

While deliberating with the dealer about the production month , the dealer informed that If I had opted for a Vento or Polo TSI - I could get a December 2018 manufactured car (most likely) , but for a Vento Diesel the best I can get is a September 2018 manufactured car ; I suppose this also throws some light on the VW Car sales trend emerging out , and it seems to be more on the Petrol side than Diesel(though VW Diesels are more fun - IMHO)!!

As per media reports - Diesel cars are going to be costlier by at least 1.6L/2L across all brands (not only VW), but Petrol cars will remain at the same price band , more or less - once BS-VI kicks in ;
Ironically - VW had downgraded their 2.0L Diesel engine to BS-IV standards when they had brought in the Jetta in India , to accommodate the lower grade BS-IV diesel available in India - It remains to be seen what they do in 2020, when the market will be going back to BS-VI European standards !!
Old 27th December 2018, 16:32   #9227
BHPian

Query on behalf of my friend:

Recently my dashboard half light started flickering. Video link:

Does anybody know what might me the issue here?

It used to flicker and it will turn on normally for some days then after flickering it was turning off for some days. But nowadays it stops flickering and my dashboard is half blacked out.

Does anybody have any idea?
Old 27th December 2018, 18:14   #9228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Recently my dashboard half
Looks like the battery is reaching its end of life.
Old 27th December 2018, 18:44   #9229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I always put AC on recirculation mode in my Vento, which means block outside air from coming in. However I still get to smell those big drains and petrol diesel fumes. Is this normal for Vento? I want to totally cut off the Delhi polluted air.
Could be a choked /end of life pollen filter or possibly an issue with the "recirculation flap" allowing stale and polluted air to draft in.
VW suggests to change the filter at every service interval of 15k km however you may want to get it checked and replaced if required sooner.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2018, 19:10   #9230
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I always put AC on recirculation mode in my Vento, which means block outside air from coming in. However I still get to smell those big drains and petrol diesel fumes. Is this normal for Vento? I want to totally cut off the Delhi polluted air.
What I've also noticed is the flap for the re-circulation (present on the firewall in the passenger side footwell) usually gets so filthy and jammed up that it doesn't open and close properly. Do check that as well.
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2018, 22:36   #9231
BHPian

Thanks for the responses. Service has been done regularly at 15k km and AC filter changed. Will check the recirculation flap.
Old 28th December 2018, 02:25   #9232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfreak15 View Post
Looks like the battery is reaching its end of life.
Battery has been replaced recently.
Old 28th December 2018, 15:30   #9233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post

It used to flicker and it will turn on normally for some days then after flickering it was turning off for some days. But nowadays it stops flickering and my dashboard is half blacked out.

Does anybody have any idea?
Can't it be the backlight (led) giving up the ghost? The one in our inverter's display failed in the exact same manner. The flickering used to be erratic initially, and it completely went black after a couple of weeks.
Old 29th December 2018, 11:37   #9234
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine locked his vento boot with the key inside boot. He managed to open the doors. Anyways to open boot without key? The boot switch too doesn't work without key.
Old 29th December 2018, 11:48   #9235
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
A friend of mine locked his vento boot with the key inside boot. He managed to open the doors. Anyways to open boot without key? The boot switch too doesn't work without key.
Possible to fold the seatback and access the boot?
Old 29th December 2018, 11:50   #9236
RWD
BHPian

Quote:
I'm assuming the car is already in unlocked state, since the doors can be opened. Does your friend's Vento not have the magnetic boot release button above the number plate? If it does, then that should open the trunk.

Guess you'd already know that, but worth a shot anyway.
Old 29th December 2018, 11:53   #9237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Possible to fold the seatback and access the boot?
Vento seats seems like not foldable. He is figuring out if the seats can be removed by unfastening some bolts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWD View Post
I'm assuming the car is already in unlocked state, since the doors can be opened. Does your friend's Vento not have the magnetic boot release button above the number plate? If it does, then that should open the trunk.

Guess you'd already know that, but worth a shot anyway.
It was in locked state. He managed to open doors with a rod and pulling the door open.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 29th December 2018 at 11:55.
Old 29th December 2018, 20:38   #9238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just an update to close this query:

He managed to dismantle the rear seats with the help of an upholstery/fabric accessories guy who removed a few clips and bolts and gained access to the boot area to pick up the key.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 29th December 2018 at 20:46.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2018, 00:56   #9239
BHPian

This is an update on my 2011 Vento TDi with about 55k on the Odo.
It's a gem of a car but as the years roll by and the odometer ticks, it gets harder and more expensive to maintain. My car has only been serviced at the authorised ASC and all the services have been done on time & as per the SA's advice.

In the past couple of years, it has had an EGR Wire replacement, AC motor replacement, one diesel injector replacement.
Currently, it feels as if the car is slowly ageing and falling apart. One of the power window motors need a replacement, the cost of which VW estimates to be around 25k, the clutch needs an overhaul as the car has mostly been driven in Bangalore city bumper to bumper traffic, costing about another 25k.
The rear defogger doesn't work anymore, no idea on the repair estimate, the boot lights also do not work anymore. Remote window up/down on locking/unlocking the car also doesn't work anymore.

Back in 2011, I believe that this was the best handling car this side of the BMW 3 Series. The car still does manage to put a smile on my face on an empty winding road. However, I don't have the confidence of taking the car on a long drive anymore.

This was my first German car and I think I'll stick to the Japanese lot once I'm done with it.
Old 30th December 2018, 09:06   #9240
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarsh10 View Post
This is an update on my 2011 Vento TDi with about 55k on the Odo.
It's a gem of a car but as the years roll by and the odometer ticks, it gets harder and more expensive to maintain....
This was my first German car and I think I'll stick to the Japanese lot once I'm done with it.
Except for the power window motor, the price for everything else seem to be ok. Also, For a 7 year old vehicle all these replacements looks ok. Again , barring the EGR and Injectors. Which I guess has a super high failure rate.

Oh, and btw, your automatic window roll up on locking isn’t working because one window isn’t working.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks