Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2017, 22:11   #8656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Team, Is it advisable to buy Demo cars. I am looking at a Vento TDI Highline DSG, demo vehicle that has done ~3000 kms. I don't have an offer yet, but is it advisable to go for such a vehicle, if yes, then what kind of price should I be aiming for.

A new car costs 14.5xx Lacs on road here. The car in question is an August 2016 model.

I guess it doesn't have the new 110 PS diesel engine but has the RCD330 stock.

Please advise. TIA

A friend of mine recently picked up a Polo 1.2 MPI demo, had about 6k on the clock. He managed to get a cool 1.56lac off the sticker price on road. The car was in almost new condition. Dealer threw in a set of break pad as well, seems like a pretty good deal for a fully loaded highline at the cost of a comfortline.

3k is a pretty low run car, if the offer is close to 1.5 to 2 lac. Get extended warranty n go for it.
Old 26th February 2017, 01:45   #8657
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

My vento (2011) has gone for 60000km service. A noise in the back tyre had cropped up. Asked them to check. They say bearing needs to be changed and the cost 11000 rs. Any idea if i can get it cheaper Outside.
Old 26th February 2017, 02:58   #8658
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by easterncar View Post
Any idea if i can get it cheaper Outside.
Hey, check this link for an approximate price:

https://boodmo.com/catalog/3774-rear...v_162-1_6_tdi/

Prices are ranging between 8-9K depending on the brand.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 16:07   #8659
BHPian

As I posted some time back, it seems that oil is leaking from tappet cover with few drops on the ground as well. The workshop fellows seem uninterested in changing the tappet. Is this a labour intensive job? I left the car at workshop while they check whether the tappet cover is covered under warranty (which expires for me in a weeks time, 45k clocked). I have not noticed any loss of power or other issues yet.

The extended warranty manual neither mentions this part in the "covered under warranty" or in the "not covered section" or "normal wear and tear" section. The SA says, since it is not mentioned anywhere, the customer may have to pay ! thoughts please. Thanks.
Old 28th February 2017, 19:03   #8660
BHPian

Please find below quote given for Engine oil leak issue. I am clueless as to what to do.

WASHING & CLEANING Paid 100 3.90 390.00
GENERAL CHECK UP Paid 1,000 3.90 3,900.00
Sum Labor 4,290.00
Service Tax 643.50
Group Total 4,933.50

CYLINDER HEAD COVER Paid 1 13,957.21
GASKET Paid 1 1,252.40
SILICONE ADHESIVE SEALANT Paid 1 1,369.43
INSULATING HOSE IN COILS OF 5M Paid 1 135.37
ALL PURPOSE CLEANER Paid 1 1,806.99
APPLICATOR Paid 1 255.90
Sum Item 18,777.30
Sales Tax 2,722.71
Group Total 21,500.01

Grand Total: 26,433.51

Questions:

1. Should I get it checked outside? Is this not covered under warranty?

2. Rs. 3,900 for General Check up? Is this normal? Surprisingly, the technician came out with a fantastic all fine report. I had to intervene and point it out to the SA about engine oil leak and then he remembered (that he noticed oil leak during my last service in January 2017)

3. More deeper question: Is there anything I could have done to avoid this (driving stayle dependent?). In just 45,000 kms, these damages seem too much. I generally follow usual rules of being gentle on a cold engine and a minute of idling after a good drive etc..

4. Any contacts of VW higher ups I can write to and request for full coverage.

Any help much appreciated. I would be going to workshop first thing tomorrow morning.
Old 1st March 2017, 07:14   #8661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post

The extended warranty manual neither mentions this part in the "covered under warranty" or in the "not covered section" or "normal wear and tear" section. The SA says, since it is not mentioned anywhere, the customer may have to pay ! thoughts please. Thanks.
I see no reason as to why it shouldn't be covered under extended warranty unless it is explicitly excluded. It definitely is not normal to replace this at such a low mileage. Pls don't accept their contention and insist that it should be covered under extended warranty.
Old 1st March 2017, 09:14   #8662
BHPian

Yes. As mentioned in the link below. It clearly states: All internal components of engine, including cylinder head gasket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Attached is what I was able to get from the dealer for my Vento.
If all parts of engine are listed in the warranty booklet, i guess it would be a book, not a booklet anymore.

Question: If parts are replaced under extended warranty, who has to bear the expense? VW or dealership?
Old 1st March 2017, 17:46   #8663
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. As mentioned in the link below. It clearly states: All internal components of engine, including cylinder head gasket.

If all parts of engine are listed in the warranty booklet, i guess it would be a book, not a booklet anymore.

Question: If parts are replaced under extended warranty, who has to bear the expense? VW or dealership?
I think it goes to VW. I remember when a part was changed under warranty they had not given the old part and said they have to return to VW.
Old 1st March 2017, 17:50   #8664
BHPian

Volkswagen Vento and Ameo now at DGS&D Rate Contract

Quote:
Volkswagen, Europe’s largest carmaker, today announced the availability of the Vento and Made-in-India, Made-for-India Ameo for sale under the Directorate General of Supplies and Disposal (DGS&D) specified price. The Government owned entities can now avail the Vento and the Ameo, both petrol and diesel, at an attractive price approved by the DGS&D throughout the year.

Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Michael Mayer, Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said, “We are pleased to have both our made-in-India products approved and available under DGS&D Rate Contract. This further strengthens our bond and reiterates our commitment towards providing a comfortable and safe driving experience to the Indian consumers.”

The Volkswagen Vento and Ameo are manufactured at the Chakan plant, Pune. Both the carlines are packed with elements that are intrinsic to the brand’s DNA, offering superior safety features, power, performance and class–leading driving dynamics and comfort. The Ameo comes with a host of first-in-class features such as 7-speed DSG transmission, cruise control, rain sensing wipers and anti-pinch power windows to name a few.
Link
Old 2nd March 2017, 09:29   #8665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhul View Post
I think it goes to VW. I remember when a part was changed under warranty they had not given the old part and said they have to return to VW.
Thanks. I was wondering if this is the case with extended warranty or not. As in this case I am not sure they will cover the full cost.

If it is VW which bears the damages, then why is the dealership worried about replacing parts? Unless, of course if it involves too much labor and time.
Old 2nd March 2017, 13:37   #8666
BHPian

Hey,
On my way to work today the battery conked off, Switched off all electricals and waited for a minute or so.
Cranked the engine again and it fired up.
Since I was only 10 mins away from office i made it while keeping luxuries like AC, Audio etc off.
All the visible signs were present of a weakened battery were present and i was planning to get it changed today over the weekend.
The battery is the same which came with the car and has lasted 3.5 yrs.
Model is Vento 1.6 MPI.

Called up VW west SA quoted 7k for the battery.

Can anyone please suggest a suitable battery exide, amaron etc?
Old 3rd March 2017, 17:53   #8667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post

The battery is the same which came with the car and has lasted 3.5 yrs.
Model is Vento 1.6 MPI.

Called up VW west SA quoted 7k for the battery.

Just go to a trusted battery shop and get it replaced according to the given specification. VW cannot void your warranty in any case.

Plus getting it done outside is cheaper and you'll be able to sell the old battery back which will result in even more savings!

Went through the same experience two months ago and had the car serviced shortly after that. It was replaced with an SF Sonic battery.No complaints! Not even from VW!
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 23:08   #8668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
IIRC, I got Exide for my Vento 1.6Mpi about an year back for somewhere around 3-3.5k with exchange of old battery. No point going to the ASC for this.
Old 5th March 2017, 15:52   #8669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhul View Post
prabhul is right. Faulty parts are replaced under company standard or extended warranty. Initially the dealer bears the cost. However it is mandatory for the dealer/ service center to return the faulty part to the OEM to claim the credit or get the reimbursement. So finally it is the company or the OEM manufaturer who bear the cost of the part being replaced.

If a part is manufactured by the car company, e.g an engine or transmission component, then the car company bears the cost. But if it is a procured from a vendor, e.g. window winder assembly, then the OEM supplier has to bear the cost.

Hope this helps.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 12:48   #8670
BHPian

Hello guys, I need help with some queries. Yesterday took the car to Bangalore and after entering the city, the glow plug icon started flashing. I Continued to drive inside the city and while coming out, the check engine light also joined in. I called up the VW Salem SA and he assured that it's not a serious problem, adviced me to drive sedately and reach home. I drove the car back home (about 380 kms) at constant 80 kmph and came home. And have brought the car to work today with both those icons lit up. So, here comes my questions.
1. Is that a serious problem?
2. If so, what might be the problem?
3. Is it mandatory that I visit service centre as soon as possible?
Some more info for you to help you answering my queries easier.
1. I regularly fill diesel from reputed outlets, the last full tank being on a shell bunk.
2. Car is regularly and promptly serviced at VW centres.
3. Battery is just 3 months old Exide branded.
4. No, the car didn't limp and there was no loss of power.
5. Stalled the car twice in toll gates and restarted quickly.
6. No there was not any visible rat bite damage to exposed wires and cables.
Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks