Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2016, 11:22   #8521
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Another scam to rip off customer. Coolant is filled for life, if I remember correctly. Only topped off as in when required. I be scared if they be doing any flushing sort of activity with coolant.

Ask them to refund your money.
Yes service advisor said coolant is filled for life and they use a device fitted to coolant container and blow at high speed to open any blockages on the path. Hearing it for first time.
Old 2nd September 2016, 23:48   #8522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I bought my car in May 16, so relatively new. But I don't find pick up sluggish. Yes, it does rev till 2k rpm sometimes, but it doesn't take time to upshift. And yes, upshifts to D5, D6 and D7 is smooth. I do get the D3 - D2 jerks sometimes, so not sure if are on the same version.

Maybe if you have a friend who has another TSI, you can probably compare...

I have a dec 2014 vento tsi and it still has the d3-d2 jerk issue after its first service. So not sure if there was really any dsg software upgrade from vw.

Otherwise it sounds a bit noisy to me while revving more recently and even the NVH seems to have deteriorated with lot of road noise audible from the inside.

How is it with you guys?
Old 5th September 2016, 14:08   #8523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Two photos: original damage and temporary dent fixing at VW service centre.
Happy to report back that the dent has been fixed at ASS and the repair has been flawless. We had given the car on Tuesday morning, expected delivery was Thurday but got extended to Saturday. Their reason was that due to rain and consequent damp air the paint could not dry / cure fast enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit-Dude View Post
Otherwise it sounds a bit noisy to me while revving more recently and even the NVH seems to have deteriorated with lot of road noise audible from the inside.

How is it with you guys?
Are you refering to traffic noise or tyre / road noise? If its the latter can it be due to old tyres? My car is brand new and I have put Michelin P3 ST tyres on it, so it is very quiet inside.
Old 5th September 2016, 14:37   #8524
BHPian

Is Vento currently available in Night Blue color? It looks like it is no longer in their brochure.
Old 5th September 2016, 15:24   #8525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
Is Vento currently available in Night Blue color? It looks like it is no longer in their brochure.

No it's not available in blue color. They discontinued it long back.

And another thing I got to know from VW showroom that for now they have closed taking deliveries for manual variant of Vento. I don't know if it's true. Anybody got same response from showroom?
Old 5th September 2016, 16:09   #8526
BHPian

Hello Friends,

I have a Vento TSI (Feb- 2016) model bought in April.

My 6 month check-up visit is due on 17-Sep.

Can you please advise on what things I should be looking at for this visit ?
Should I perform an Oil changes, etc. or any specific checks from your past experience ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 5th September 2016, 16:19   #8527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
No it's not available in blue color. They discontinued it long back.

And another thing I got to know from VW showroom that for now they have closed taking deliveries for manual variant of Vento. I don't know if it's true. Anybody got same response from showroom?

Yes that is true...

The manual variant is coming up with a better turbo and power ratings and is due around the festival season. So no deliveries of that now...

However the automatic variant is available to be purchased.

Regards
Bharath
Old 5th September 2016, 16:58   #8528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitz View Post
Hello Friends,
My 6 month check-up visit is due on 17-Sep.

Should I perform an Oil changes, etc. or any specific checks from your past experience ?
From my limited understanding the 6 month check-up is just that: a check-up. It is not listed as a service in the service manual. I assume they will run through a checklist and if everything is okay, will not do anything. However I am not speaking from experience.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 17:15   #8529
BHPian

Quote:
From my limited understanding the 6 month check-up is just that: a check-up. It is not listed as a service in the service manual. I assume they will run through a checklist and if everything is okay, will not do anything. However I am not speaking from experience.
Thanks.

Is it advisable to change the engine oil ? I read in some threads that some of the folks get the first oil changed as early as 1000 Km and from there on as per regular service intervals. What are the Pros and cons of this approach ?
My car has done around 2500 KM till date.
Old 5th September 2016, 17:24   #8530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitz View Post
No, there is no need for an oil change. The car is supposed to run 15k/1 year on the original engine oil. There may be an oil top up along with top up of other fluids.

Do not accept extras that the SA may try to sell you such as AC cleaning, wheel alignment and balancing, etc.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 20:38   #8531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
In specific Diesel manual. They were not even in the price list from the VW dealer. The 1.6 NA petrol was still selling in the manual avatar. I had made the observation in the facelift thread here about a month back.
Old 7th September 2016, 14:21   #8532
BHPian

Observations on the Vento TSI after a few days of driving:

- Shallow footwell, telescopic % tilt steering wheel and adjustable seat height means my wife and me can easily find our respective comfortable seating position easily. Shallow footwell is especially a boon for her due to short height.
- The sturdy doors and dashboard makes me feel cocooned and isolated from the traffic madness around.
- it handles corners very well, does not roll as much as my old Hyundai.
- There are two lines on top of the dashboard which gets reflected on the windscreen on sunny weather.
- On the gear lever, reverse to the front of neutral position and drive to the rear of neutral is counter intuitive. However this is not VW specific.
- As posted earlier, if you are light on the A pedal, upshifting D2 to D3, and D3 to D4 is a bit slow; it holds rev for a second or so.
- I detect some amount of hesitation upshifting from D1 to D2
- From motion when you become stationary in D mode (brake pedal pressed), there is an engine hum as if it is reving up slightly, but the tachometer does not show it. The hum goes off when gear lever is slotted to neutral.
- The engine noise is so low the fan noise starts to bother you.

Some points on suspension:-
- It does not bounce as much as some other cars.
- I have bottomed out the front suspension on one of those unscientific speed breaker at very slow speed. Need to be careful.
- it takes care of slight undulations in the road very well, but be careful about broken roads and potholes.
- I am yet to master how to drive over those gentle speed breakers. In a speed thats comfortable for my other car, this car goes thud.

PS: I think this thread should be closed and all discussions continue in the "Vento Facelift" thread.
Guite is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 22:44   #8533
BHPian

Quote:
Observations on the Vento TSI after a few days of driving:
- I detect some amount of hesitation upshifting from D1 to D2
I drive a GT TSI, so this is really strange to digest. Because the behavior is exactly to the contrary. It is most eager to up-shift to D2. In fact, the moment the speed crosses above 5 - 8 KPH, it up-shifts to D2 even if you may be pressing the brake and coming to a halt again. It is very hesitant to down-shift to D1. You may want to validate this behavior on your dealer's TD car to be sure.

Quote:
- The engine noise is so low the fan noise starts to bother you.
It bothers me so much that I've begun to set the blower level to 1 bar (on the ACC display). Only on 1 is it bearable. 2 and above gets to be very loud.

Quote:
- I am yet to master how to drive over those gentle speed breakers. In a speed thats comfortable for my other car, this car goes thud.
Try reducing your speed to about 15-20 KPH in D3, provided the speed breaker has a smooth approach/exit angle. If the approach/exit is abrupt, like a mound, then 7-10 KPH in D2.
Old 8th September 2016, 13:29   #8534
Senior - BHPian

I had given my Vento TDI for 90K service to Elite Motors, Bangalore. Apart from regular service, we had replace below parts :

Turbo connecting hose
Cylinder head cover (Oil leak due to gasket)
V-Ribbed belt
Engine Mounting
Gearbox Mounting

Total bill came to 42347/-
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-45e18f08eb904c64a20863aef31d36cf.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-5a8a669b247d4167952de04af36e2d83.jpg  

Last edited by Ramsagar : 8th September 2016 at 13:34.
Ramsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 14:08   #8535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhisheKulkarni View Post
I drive a GT TSI, so this is really strange to digest. Because the behavior is exactly to the contrary. It is most eager to up-shift to D2. In fact, the moment the speed crosses above 5 - 8 KPH
The brake feels sticky as if the pads are partially in contact with the drums/discs. So it might be related to the reluctant pickup I am experiencing. I have a mind of getting it checked this weekend.

On the other hand I had never experienced the engine revving to 2k for D2-D3 and D3-D4 upshifts in the test cars. I had driven three different test cars from three dealers.

Quote:
Try reducing your speed to about 15-20 KPH in D3, provided the speed breaker has a smooth approach/exit angle. If the approach/exit is abrupt, like a mound, then 7-10 KPH in D2.
it is those gently curved speed breakers with smooth approach / exit angle. 15 kmph on D2 seems ideal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks