Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2016, 08:25   #8266
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetzap View Post
I think I'll go with same dealer then. How much was the entire package for you? Did u purchase insurance from outside? One more Question here, any suggestions on color? Is the candy white color in Vento Metallic? what are the pros and cons of candy white over toffee brown? Would appreciate a quick response.
Do try Vidyut VW Pune at MaNaPa-Contact Abhijit Shetty sales ex - I got my white GT TSI from this guy and the overall experience was good. I purchased my insurance from outside.

I had tried to get BUB as my dealer but was put off by their cold non professional response.

Color- I love whites hence my preference is white- its easier to maintain as the swirls do not show up as boldly as in darker shades. also they do not appear to fade over the years.

Hope you get your TSI babe soon

Last edited by 1.2TSI7DSG : 25th February 2016 at 08:28.
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 10:52   #8267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
Do try Vidyut VW Pune at MaNaPa-Contact Abhijit Shetty sales ex - I got my white GT TSI from this guy and the overall experience was good. I purchased my insurance from outside.

I had tried to get BUB as my dealer but was put off by their cold non professional response.

Color- I love whites hence my preference is white- its easier to maintain as the swirls do not show up as boldly as in darker shades. also they do not appear to fade over the years.

Hope you get your TSI babe soon
Hi 1.2TSI7DSG, I already booked Toffee Brown yesterday at BUB. The overall experience with the dealer has been good so far. The sales executive Vishal Kudale was kind enough to pay a visit to my residence (26 km from sales showroom) and show a Beige Colored Vehicle to my wife while I was at work in Bavdhan. I intend to get some scratch proof treatment done at 3M. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Which stock tyres did u get? Should I go for Door Protection Strips?
meetzap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 19:13   #8268
BHPian

Quote:
Hi 1.2TSI7DSG, I already booked Toffee Brown yesterday at BUB. The overall experience with the dealer has been good so far. The sales executive Vishal Kudale was kind enough to pay a visit to my residence (26 km from sales showroom) and show a Beige Colored Vehicle to my wife while I was at work in Bavdhan. I intend to get some scratch proof treatment done at 3M. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Which stock tyres did u get? Should I go for Door Protection Strips?
Congrats for booking the car.
I have the apollos on my GT TSI and am pretty satisfied with them. Haven't done any kind of paint treatment on my vehicle so can''t comment.

Other than the mud flaps I have not opted for any of the accessory as i felt any accessory would affect the plain understated look which I love. But ensure you do get the Mudflaps immediately. My friend tried to avoid those and ended up with a scratch on the door due to a hurled peeble
Old 26th February 2016, 08:45   #8269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
Hi Brainstormer,
Could you share the breakup of 12,77,677 please?
As the cost is going to about 12,23,xxx so I was just wondering what additions did you do.
Also, did you go for Blaupunkt philadelphia 835 or Caska touch screen infotainment system with reverse camera & GPS? if yes, whats the cost please?

Hi Ajnagpur, the ex-showroom Pune price for 2016 Vento with added features (auto dimming IVRM, rain sensing wipers, 5" touch screen mirror link ICE) is approximately increased by 32000 when compared to a 2016 Vento without the above features. Is that what you're talking about?
Old 26th February 2016, 09:24   #8270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I faced a similar issue when 2 of my injectors were replaced under warranty, the car used to take very long to start during morning starts but used to start fine the whole day. Googled about this issue and came to know about some air entering the hpfp line or some thing like that, advice was to take the car out on a highway drive and hit higher revvs and drive spiritedly for 60-70 kms to get any air out of the system.

I did two 70-80 km drives and revved the car like crazy (3-3.5k rpm) in lower gears, this solved the morning start issue for me. You can try this and if this does not solve it, get a MFMA done again and complaint to VW. Are you running on original battery? Get the batter's health checked too.
This exercise has already been undertaken and it did solve the issue where the car would miss for a second upon being started and then idle normally.

Since the MFMA was prohibited as per their note after the injector change so they had asked me to change gears at higher RPMs.

Battery has been checked and its not the culprit. And in any case, long self can be associated to the battery but the missing problem in the morning won't have any relation to the battery if I am correct.
Old 26th February 2016, 20:41   #8271
BHPian

Can someone tell me how is the suspension in vento petrol manual compared to creta petrol?. Also the NVH level.
Old 28th February 2016, 10:50   #8272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Can someone tell me how is the suspension in vento petrol manual compared to creta petrol?. Also the NVH level.
The TSI Petrol Engine is very refined. So NVH levels are quiet low. I could not feel any noise inside the cabin on my test drives. Suspension is good too but you cannot compare it too Creta which is a different (SUV) segment altogether. I hope to get the delivery of my TSI this week. More on this later.
Old 29th February 2016, 10:27   #8273

Quote:
Originally Posted by premc44 View Post
I was luckier. Took delivery of a 2016 model Toffee Brown Vento TSI DSG from Phoenix motors, Calicut. Got around around 40 K discount, including loyalty bonus. The latest batch comes with auto dimming mirrors and rain sensing vipers and I think there has been a hike in price too with these features. So, presently, these discounts may not be available. The TSI is in great demand, more than the availability. So, it depends on how lucky you are in getting the best possible discounts.
It is always better to get insurance from outside. Their quote was 39,000, but with my full no claim discount of 65%, all I had to pay was Rs.8500 for a bumper to bumper insurance from United India. Remember , the engine capacity is below 1200 cc.( 1197 cc)

For the last four years, I have been using a Vento diesel, but this TSI/ DSG combination is fantastic, an addictive experience. By all means, go for it.
That is great. I just completed a 1000KM. Did a Goa weekend, both the sensors are pretty handy. But can be got off AliExpress so if you are getting that sort of discount then nothing like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
Hi Brainstormer,
Could you share the breakup of 12,77,677 please?
As the cost is going to about 12,23,xxx so I was just wondering what additions did you do.
Also, did you go for Blaupunkt philadelphia 835 or Caska touch screen infotainment system with reverse camera & GPS? if yes, whats the cost please?
I did not do any additions, It was 1,115,546 ex showroom, 42125 comprehensive + Zero dep, 112,106 RTO, 7900 Handling.
I checked the blaupunkkt, found it too slow for my taste, so sticking to the stock one, till I can get my hands on the MIB II with CarPlay.

I upgraded the tyres right away to XM2 (195), total cost 15000 after trading in the stock Apollos.
brainstormer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 10:58   #8274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainstormer View Post
I upgraded the tyres right away to XM2 (195), total cost 15000 after trading in the stock Apollos.
Hi Brain, did you check with VW Service, if upgrading to 195 will have any impact on warranty? I plan to do this upgrade too. I inquired with Lokmanya Tyres for the upgrade he said stock Apollo will be traded for 3000 Rs each and I'll have to pay the difference Amount for what ever brand I choose.
Can you share the place where you perform the upgrade?
Old 29th February 2016, 12:07   #8275
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Brain, did you check with VW Service, if upgrading to 195 will have any impact on warranty? I plan to do this upgrade too. I inquired with Lokmanya Tyres for the upgrade he said stock Apollo will be traded for 3000 Rs each and I'll have to pay the difference Amount for what ever brand I choose.
If asked, VW may deny it citing Warranty issues. I upgraded mine after running the stock JK tyres for 40K KM and there was no comments from VW during my 45K and 60K services.
195/60/15 Michelin PST tyres had changed the driving dynamics of my car to a new level
Old 29th February 2016, 13:27   #8276

Quote:
I did ask, and the service engineer confirmed that I will lose the warranty on tyres but on not on the suspension/car.
Old 29th February 2016, 23:48   #8277
BHPian

Hey guys. Wanted your opinion on something I'm dealing with my 1.6 petrol MT Vento which is at the workshop right now.
So I have been experiencing some amount of vibration from the car when the engine is on and the car is idle. It is an on and off thing - not very predictable. Second, there's quite a bit of rattling noise from the front of the car when I drive over the slightest of potholes / uneven surfaces. Third, the engine takes more than usual time to start, especially when it's cold. Sometimes it even misses to start on first and second attempts.

Gave it for service at VW andheri, Mumbai (Automark motors). The SA got back to me with the following after inspection:

1. As for vibration and the rattling noise, the steering rack (Rs. 11,080) and the gear mounting (RS. 1,395) world have to be replaced. I was surprised when the SA told me that these are not covered under warranty. Have any of you guys been asked to replace these things? I feel that these ought to be covered under full warranty since damage to such parts can't be on account of usual wear and tear.

2. To solve the long start issue, the SA suggested a battery replacement at a cost of Rs. 5,000 Just wanted to know how long has the stock battery in your Vento lasted? Aren't batteries supposed to be covered under a limited warranty? Also, can I not simply recharge the battery rather than replacing it?

The car's done 30,000 kms in 2.5 years.
Old 1st March 2016, 06:17   #8278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostreichwein View Post
So I have been experiencing some amount of vibration from the car when the engine is on and the car is idle. It is an on and off thing - not very predictable. Second, there's quite a bit of rattling noise from the front of the car when I drive over the slightest of potholes / uneven surfaces. Third, the engine takes more than usual time to start, especially when it's cold. Sometimes it even misses to start on first and second attempts.

What tyres do you have on your car, stock size or enhanced width? That could be the a reason for them to charge the steering rack to you, because that's what I was told when I asked when buying my Rapid 1.6 petrol.

I do remember some mention of the engine mounts being a problem with some 1.6 petrol Ventos, will need to search. Does the vibration have any relation to the A.C.?

Have they explained why these are not covered under warranty?
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 07:10   #8279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostreichwein View Post
Hey guys. Wanted your opinion on something I'm dealing with my 1.6 petrol MT Vento which is at the workshop right now.

Gave it for service at VW andheri, Mumbai (Automark motors). The SA got back to me with the following after inspection:

1. As for vibration and the rattling noise, the steering rack (Rs. 11,080) and the gear mounting (RS. 1,395) world have to be replaced. I was surprised when the SA told me that these are not covered under warranty. Have any of you guys been asked to replace these things? I feel that these ought to be covered under full warranty since damage to such parts can't be on account of usual wear and tear.

2. To solve the long start issue, the SA suggested a battery replacement at a cost of Rs. 5,000 Just wanted to know how long has the stock battery in your Vento lasted? Aren't batteries supposed to be covered under a limited warranty? Also, can I not simply recharge the battery rather than replacing it?

Warranty covers primarily engine and transmission. Others are a hit or miss. But still you can pester and get it covered under goodwill. Battery lasts upto 3 years.

With lot of sensors and electronic instrumentation stock battery just lasts for it specified lifetime. You can however charge and use it for a while. Mine, had the same battery issue and i just charged and using it for a month now.
Crank is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 18:51   #8280
BHPian

Hi,
My steering rack/box was changed under extended warranty. It depends on your rapo with the service center. Insist him that you know other service centers have replaced under warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks