Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2015, 00:01   #7951
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoInt View Post
Did you look at the log report to see if it still says "Please wait" as was noted in your first try?
Yes exactly the same message and i got the log e-mailed to myself for any future reference.
Old 28th September 2015, 16:31   #7952
BHPian

Today when i tried cleaning my windshield found that the washer was not spraying any water. I had topped up the tank a few days back and am sure there was water unless there was to be leak

I tried pouring water into the reservoir and it took around 300ml of water to absolutely brim it (the full capacity is anything upwards of 2 litres) up but then immediately saw that there was a leak where some water leaked out (it was not overflow as although i filled it to the brim i was careful to ensure that it didn't overflow)

So it seems that there is a leak but the leak seems to be somewhere in the pipe leading to the tank or at the top of the tank as it doesn't seem to drain the entire water out

The water seems to be leaking from somewhere behind the foglight (the area is not easily accessible). Could this be a pump failure? Anyone experienced this before? Any suggestions as to what could be the problem

I just went to the service centre on Saturday for some oil topup, if only it had occurred before that.

Last edited by Mohan Mathew A : 28th September 2015 at 16:37.
Old 28th September 2015, 17:00   #7953
Senior - BHPian

After looking at all the posts about faulty Injectors on Pre 2011 Vento TDI, I've registered a complaint against VW. Promptly got a call from service manager from VW Elite Motors, Hosur road. Booked an appointment and landed there by 930 am. Hooked up their diagnostic tool and came out that there is no fault with any of the injectors.
From Day one, I've been filling fuel only from Two COCO Indian Oil filling stations in B'lore. For outstation trips, I make sure I fill only in COCO IO/HP stations and not others. I've been following this since VWAG are very sensitive for adulterated fuels.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-077.jpg  

Old 28th September 2015, 17:03   #7954
BHPian

@Mohan
Had the same issue with my Polo last month. Culprit was a rodent. The front lamp panel has to be removed to access this area. Got it done at the service center. Took an hour.
Vishyvish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 18:15   #7955
BHPian

Hello people ! If there is a discussion on VW Vento with 1.6 TDI being affected from the emmision scandal please post a link to it in the reply . If not , lets start one !

Does any Vento owner have any hard info regarding this? There are a few important issues i think we need to address :

1. Resale value of our Vento, in case they fix the code & in case they don't? ( Personally , i wouldn't believe them anymore even after they fixed it . This is India afterall , and ignorance is bliss.

2. Keep the car, or sell it while buyers may not be wary?

3. If they fix the code , they will reduce the power output ( if what i read is correct). What happens when we end up with neutered version of the torque king and we don't like it anymore?

4. Any other issues that may have crossed your minds.

Regards,
Amogh
Old 1st October 2015, 18:37   #7956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amogh Barakol View Post
Hello people ! If there is a discussion on VW Vento with 1.6 TDI being affected from the emmision scandal please post a link to it in the reply . If not , lets start one !

Regards,
Amogh
I too have a VW Vento 1.6 TDI. I have not heard anything on this one. Same set of questions have been lingering in my mind since I heard about the scandal. I think we will have to wait for clarity from VW and ARAI investigation on the same.

Quote:
Does any Vento owner have any hard info regarding this? There are a few important issues i think we need to address :

1. Resale value of our Vento, in case they fix the code & in case they don't? ( Personally , i wouldn't believe them anymore even after they fixed it . This is India afterall , and ignorance is bliss.
As such the resale value of Vento is not great. I would assume that either way (VW fixes the issue or not) the resale value will take a hit in the medium term. I agree, the trust is lost and it will take lot of effort and time for VW to win back their customer confidence

Quote:
2. Keep the car, or sell it while buyers may not be wary?
Most of them might already be aware of the scandal as the news have come all new channel (including small regional channel). You will have to be lucky to get an ignorant buyer.
Old 1st October 2015, 19:22   #7957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoInt View Post
Most of them might already be aware of the scandal as the news have come all new channel (including small regional channel). You will have to be lucky to get an ignorant buyer.
Yes , many people are 'aware' of the scandal but not to the extent of having clear details of what it means for them, or us for that matter. This could be used by people who want nothing to do with their 'tainted' cars and would like to immediately switch to something better.

The only clarification people will receive is through ARAI's study on VW cars. Since Indian norms are nowhere near as strict as US EPA norms, they might give Indian VWs a green light. This might be fine for now, but if India begins to embrace stricter norms as well, people with non-complying vehicles such as ours will have a hard time disposing of our cars.

I would like to state early on that I in no way intend to motivate any person to go to the extent of selling their car based on what we post in the thread! I along with others who might agree with my opinions do not want to be misunderstood , that's all I'm saying.

So far , all we can do is speculate how this will affect us. I , for one would love a petrolhead's opinion on the matter and not some desk jockey's who might quite possibly be paid to tell us that our cars are fine.

So , the question remains. What do we affected owners do? Do we wait for ARAI to tell us that our cars comply with our sub-standard norms and even below-par implementation of these norms? Or do we take the nearest Exit , and buy a cleaner petrol powered car?

Lets hear what TBHPians have to say !
Amogh Barakol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 22:04   #7958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
After looking at all the posts about faulty Injectors on Pre 2011 Vento TDI, I've registered a complaint against VW. Promptly got a call from service manager from VW Elite Motors, Hosur road. Booked an appointment and landed there by 930 am. Hooked up their diagnostic tool and came out that there is no fault with any of the injectors.
From Day one, I've been filling fuel only from Two COCO Indian Oil filling stations in B'lore. For outstation trips, I make sure I fill only in COCO IO/HP stations and not others. I've been following this since VWAG are very sensitive for adulterated fuels.

The diagnostic tool will never give an error - if you read my post on the issue, I noticed this first hand.

You need to ask them to apply MFMA - the min. injector adaptation: just tell them your car makes a clackety noise in the morning. When the adaptation is applied & the injector values are changed, the system stress tests each injector, which is when it is possible for the system to detect if your injectors are structurally ok to work at extreme values. Be present & keep checking the screen when this is done, to ensure the alert is not accidentally missed.

Also, while adulterated fuel causes issues with injectors across brands, the limited information points to this being a design or manufacturing issue that happened to pre-2012 cars.
Old 8th October 2015, 11:31   #7959

Hello gentlemen.
I had gone to the service station yesterday to get new brake pads fitted. I didnt feel anything else was wrong with the car at that point other than really poor braking. Brakes would engage, metallic screech would be heard and felt through the pedal, brake would disengage even if the pedal was down. I tested it on empty roads to check if it wasn't a one-off. Pads were 2500 plus labour for the set, lasted about 30000kms. Here's where the fun part ended.
On raising the car, they showed me that the lower suspension arms in the front suspension had collapsed on both sides. I was surprised since it never showed any wobble or any change in stance whatsoever. That aside, radiator mount bracket in the front had snapped off inside the bumper somewhere close to the lower air dam. This bracket is the part that also connects the bulkhead under the radiator. It also possibly explained why the bulkhead dropped down everytime the wind blew across the front of the car. Apart from this, the turbo hose also developed a leak. So I decided to bite the bullet and go for it. Total damage to wallet was 21grand including labour. The car has run 73100kms till date. It's due for the next service in another 3200kms. A 50km run post-service doesn't reveal much except for the brakes which are MUCH better now. Quick question - what is the life for a set of tyres? Mine are pretty much done now.
I'm adding a picture for those of us who wondered for some macabre reason what a faceless vento looks like. Please excuse the shoddy picture quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img20151007wa0004.jpg  

Old 8th October 2015, 12:03   #7960
BHPian

Quote:

4. Any other issues that may have crossed your minds.

Regards,
Amogh
Amogh - Thanks for opening up a conversation on this topic.

I drive a Nov-2013 Vento 1.6 TDI.

While I'm not sure if my car is affected by this scandal, I have below questions:

1. How will I know if my car is affected?

2. Who will be intimating me - VW or ARAI (who is investigating)?

3. What actions / procedures I need to follow after I'm intimated and asked to send the car for modification? Like noting readings, taking pictures of the car etc.

4. What questions I have to ask VW or ARAI before I give the car for modification?

5. What could be the documentation I might have to sign before I give for modification?

6. Will the car meet BS-4 standards after the refit / replacement / remap? - If not, will I not be affected whenever there is a pollution check by cops? Moreover I paid for BS-4 car and I will be driving one of a lower standard. Can I get to claim a refund?

I will add more questions when they strike my thought process.

Till such time, worrying and enjoying my torquey drives!!
Old 8th October 2015, 12:21   #7961
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuSuresh View Post
Quick question - what is the life for a set of tyres? Mine are pretty much done now.
The tyres start showing their age after 30K kms. It also depends on multiple factors. The kind of roads it is driven, Frequent tiers getting flat, driving style and tyre maintenance(Wheel balancing, Alignment, Rotation) should be done for every 5K kms. Going by the pics. You are almost done with yours.

I've my 80K Kms service done from Elite Motors, Bangalore. Total bill came upto 13.5K. I was told as 1.20K would be major service for Vento & Polo's. Timing belts & other would be replaced during that service.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 8th October 2015 at 12:25. Reason: 1224
Ramsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 12:43   #7962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This might be fine for now, but if India begins to embrace stricter norms as well, people with non-complying vehicles such as ours will have a hard time disposing of our cars.

!
Vehicles have to comply the current standards. If India embraces a new stricter standard, it doesnt impact the older vehicles. Vehicles sold after the date/model year when they come into force have to adhere to the standard.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 13:20   #7963
Distinguished - BHPian

Was in a Vento (petrol) last weekend. Very noisy above 110-120. And it was not from the stock tyres. Lot of noise coming from engine at higher rpm's.

Speedo had about 10kmph error at the highway cruising speeds
Old 8th October 2015, 14:10   #7964
BHPian

Fellow Ventonians

I came across a recent news update on Autocarindia website that VW & Audi had launched microsites to help customers find out if their cars were affected by the emission scandal or not. All you need is the VIN number. You can check if your car is affected on this URL : http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/dieselinfo
Auto Verruckt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 13:57   #7965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Verruckt View Post
Fellow Ventonians

I came across a recent news update on Autocarindia website that VW & Audi had launched microsites to help customers find out if their cars were affected by the emission scandal or not. All you need is the VIN number. You can check if your car is affected on this URL : http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/dieselinfo
Thanks a lot for sharing the link Auto Verruckt. It says my Vento (2013) is affected and the usual ' we are extremely sorry ... blah blah blah '. But the thing is , why haven't we been contacted yet? Why isn't the company actively contacting the affected customers? I guess they're going to put out the fires in America and Europe before heading over here. I suppose we just wait now.

On a lighter note, My dad wanted me wash the Vento the other day , he said it was dirty. I told him that washing the car won't make it 'clean' , you now ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks