Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2015, 09:23   #7591
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I would assume as much. But no such evidence to prove that the quality differs.

Yep, they look identical with no changes. I was referring to those images which indicate the manufacturer's names inscribed on the inside of the wheel and on the import sticker.
Great. Think I'll go in for them, in that case

Apparently they're selling really well - the service manager said 100 units sold out in 2 weeks - and should have new stock in about 10 days. Will report back once I see them in the metal, and hopefully on my personal good experiences with them.

Last edited by moralfibre : 20th February 2015 at 09:56. Reason: Only two smileys permitted per post.
Old 20th February 2015, 12:16   #7592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Glad to hear the dealer coming around.

How did you actually proceed after the e-mail to VW customer care? Did you contact any higher ups? What about the injectors, are they changing that too?
Yes, the injectors were changed under extended warranty, that is when they messed up the fuel return hose. I did not contact any higher ups in VW, just sent a mail to the customer care, the one that I have posted in the previous page. The dealers, I assume, do not want to have a complaint unresolved for over 48 hours. I think VW does take it seriously, so dealers are worried about the time taken to get a complaint resolved. Of course, they would try to bluff their way out by telling the customer something, which he may believe and have the complaint resolved.
premc44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2015, 19:10   #7593
BHPian

Have been planning a Vento DSG as my new ride. The differences between comfort line and highline of new Vento DSG are-
1.R15 alloy in HL while R15 steel in CL
2.Grey wedge at top of windscreen
3.Chrome finish on trunk
4.Chrome finish on front fog lamp
5.Brushed aluminum finish on front centre consol
6.Leather wrapped steering wheel with piano black finish
7.Chrome interior accents
8.Leather wrapped gearshift knob and hand brake lever handle
9.Leatherette seat covering(in HL)
10.Bluetooth connectivity
11.Speed sensing auto door locks
12.Space max seat adjustment and
13.Steering wheel controls. Even the fog lamps and ambient lights are common to both CL and HL.

The problem is - the Volkswagen Finance offer at 7.99% is not available for high line. I will miss the speed sensing door locks, Bluetooth, steering mounted controls and alloys in comfort line, but do not care for the rest. The difference in on road price is close to 1.5 lakhs, even without considering the profit of finance offer(@7.99%). Dealer is offering alloys at an extra cost of Rs 16,000( with CL). May be that I can go for an ICE with Bluetooth also, but have to live with the steering without mounted controls. Which one to book - CL or HL ? Also CL is readily available where as I may have to wait for three months for HL of my preferred color(night blue ). Please advise.
Old 21st February 2015, 22:28   #7594
Team-BHP Support

I had asked a few members to post the snaps of the BCMs of the cars, specifically the facelifted ones and there is some good news.

The Vento DSG lacks cruise control which the Rapid facelifts receive but the good thing is the BCM in the car is a highline model. This is the image shared by member rejeen of his Comfortline 1.5 DSG Vento:

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-9askbx0.jpg

The part number reads 6RU 937 087 K. The last 3 numbers denote if the unit is a basic, medium or a highline unit. Only highline models are capable of having cruise control functions as indicated by Ross Tech on their website:

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-bcm-types.jpg

A cruise control stalk with the harness is required to enable the function (available on Aliexpess for 63 USD), a few connections to the BCM plug and enabling the option using VCDS. Too bad VW cheaped out on this while Skoda went all the way to source the imported BCM along with the cruise control stalk.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2015, 01:02   #7595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasha View Post
Have been planning a Vento DSG as my new ride.
Which one to book - CL or HL ? Also CL is readily available where as I may have to wait for three months for HL of my preferred color(night blue ). Please advise.
Sasha, from personal experience, I'd suggest the HL: I have a 3 year old TL (no CL back then, and got the OE ICE thrown in for free, so looks just like the CL) and my girlfriend recently bought the HL, and for the first time, I got why going in for a HL makes sense - the bells and whistles and small ornamental improvements makes the car feel like a more special place, and elevates the entire experience. I'd go so far as to say, it's almost like being in a higher class of a car. I know, the difference is the small things, things extraneous to the fundamental strengths of the car, BUT, as they say, god lies in the details.

This is not something I got in the test drives, this is something I got after living with the higher-trim car.

Go for the HL: I promise you, the extra thousands will mean nothing compared to the special feeling you get in the HL.
bosporus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2015, 07:37   #7596
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasha View Post

The problem is - the Volkswagen Finance offer at 7.99% is not available for high line. I will miss the speed sensing door locks, Bluetooth, steering mounted controls and alloys in comfort line, but do not care for the rest. The difference in on road price is close to 1.5 lakhs, even without considering the profit of finance offer(@7.99%). Dealer is offering alloys at an extra cost of Rs 16,000( with CL). May be that I can go for an ICE with Bluetooth also, but have to live with the steering without mounted controls. Which one to book - CL or HL ? Also CL is readily available where as I may have to wait for three months for HL of my preferred color(night blue ). Please advise.

From your description looks like you prefer the CL and only the 2-3 missing items are preventing you from going ahead. You can replace the HU with the Philadelphia 835. Even if you do it from the dealer, it should cost you around 50k with a reverse cam. This will enable Bluetooth, navigation and video. I think you can live without steering controls. So if the other things do not worry you, go ahead with the CL.

Quote:

A cruise control stalk with the harness is required to enable the function (available on Aliexpess for 63 USD), a few connections to the BCM plug and enabling the option using VCDS. Too bad VW cheaped out on this while Skoda went all the way to source the imported BCM along with the cruise control stalk.
Gannu, does this mean cruise control can be enabled on the vento with the extras you mentioned? Like paddle shifts can be done?

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 22nd February 2015 at 07:39.
Old 22nd February 2015, 13:03   #7597
BHPian

Quote:

The Vento DSG lacks cruise control which the Rapid facelifts receive but the good thing is the BCM in the car is a highline model. This is the image shared by member rejeen of his Comfortline 1.5 DSG Vento:

So, are you planning this with your polo ? I hope CC can be done on a MT.

Changing this BCM will not create any issues later ? I mean warranty point of view.

CC makes a lot of sense for long drives.

Recently after hectic driving for 45 days ( about 15K kms ) , I got blisters on my upper foot due to continuous pressure on the gas pedal.
Old 22nd February 2015, 16:04   #7598
BHPian

The exterior plastics of the vento are poor in general. Be it the windshield wiper tray , the black plastics on the ORVM , the mud flaps of the outer cover of fag lights.

I decided to colour the plastics one by one. To start with I thought of first experimenting with the mud flaps.

Removed the mud flaps, went to a paint shop , purchased sand paper , sealent , primer , dupont paint and handed over to a garage guy next to the shop.

He first smoothened out the surface , applied sealent , then primer and finally painted the surface and top it off with sealeant again.

The result is below. Clean and glossy looking mud flaps. Will follow with the black plastics of both mirrors and covers of fog lamps.

I first thought of painting it white , but then if the paint peels off it will look dirty. So stuck to black.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20150221_153336_2_bestshot.jpg
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20150221_153446_4_bestshot.jpg
Old 23rd February 2015, 08:28   #7599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padcot Prakash View Post
Recently after hectic driving for 45 days ( about 15K kms ) , I got blisters on my upper foot due to continuous pressure on the gas pedal.
OMG 15K kms in 45 days, that means on average ~330 kms per day. I need 365 days to cover that many kilometers :-). That's a lot of travelling in 45 days
Did you got one service done within those 45 days?

Last edited by hillsnrains : 23rd February 2015 at 08:29.
Old 23rd February 2015, 10:02   #7600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
OMG 15K kms in 45 days, that means on average ~330 kms per day. I need 365 days to cover that many kilometers :-). That's a lot of travelling in 45 days
Did you got one service done within those 45 days?
thats right, its 330 kmpd on an avg.

i got my first service done after reaching home when the odo was reading 17K kms. I started off my travel when odo showing at 2379 kms.
Old 23rd February 2015, 11:53   #7601
BHPian

Has anybody noticed a drop in their vento's fuel economy? I hardly get anything above 15km/l even on long drives. I remember getting 21km/l initially on this car.Any suggestions to rectify this would be highly appreciated.
Vento highline diesel 2011, 54000kms
Old 23rd February 2015, 12:39   #7602
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Gannu, does this mean cruise control can be enabled on the vento with the extras you mentioned?
Rajeev, if your BCM unit ends with the last 3 digits 087, this is doable with the stalks I had mentioned. If the BCM is any different, you will have to upgrade the BCM first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Like paddle shifts can be done?
Adding paddle shifts are much simpler in comparison. Some folks have jugaad-retrofitted paddle shifts to the stock steering itself.

You need to first confirm what is the steering wheel control module (SWCM) present inside the wheel, behind the airbag unit. For that, you need to dismantle the airbag unit from the steering wheel to check what is the type and part number of the SWCM.

For reference, this is the image from the Jetta’s dismantled wheel:

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-dsc05984.png

If the part number of the module reads 5K0959542A, it will not have provisions for adding the paddle shifters and will look like this:

Name:  MFSWC 5K0959542A.PNG
Views: 3247
Size:  600.8 KB

Notice there are just 2 red colored female ports for the steering wheel buttons.

If the part number reads 5K0959542B, you are in luck! It will have provisions for adding the paddle shifters (by default) and will look like this:

Name:  MFSWC 5K0959542B.PNG
Views: 3170
Size:  412.7 KB

Notice the 2 white colored ports in addition to the red colored ports? That’s where the white plugs of the paddle shifters need to be connected to.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-dsgpaddleshifters640x480.jpg

And some drilling and cutting at the back of the steering wheel to mount and screw the paddle shifters.

And lastly, check this box in VCDS:

Name:  3.PNG
Views: 3092
Size:  150.8 KB

Damn, I wish I had access to someone’s car to check and do all these.

Quote:
So, are you planning this with your polo ?
I badly want to but it requires a BCM upgrade since my GT has a midline BCM (part number ending with 086) so shelved it for now. Might consider it later on provided, I can source a cheap highline BCM from outside.

Quote:
I hope CC can be done on a MT.
Absolutely. The facelift Rapid with the manual transmission does have cruise control.

Quote:
Changing this BCM will not create any issues later ? I mean warranty point of view.
Best to assume it would.

Quote:
CC makes a lot of sense for long drives.
Seconded. I’ve had a lot of instances on the expressways and empty highways during those long drives when I’ve felt the need for cruise control. Set it to 85-90 kmph and the car returns some fantastic fuel economy figures.
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2015, 14:02   #7603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by plain.vanilla View Post

Make sure your diesel fuel filter and air filter are clean. Could be the injectors failing as well, initial signs are rough running and a drop in fuel efficiency.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2015, 15:12   #7604

What if the injectors fail when the car is out of warranty?
Old 23rd February 2015, 19:39   #7605
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by plain.vanilla View Post
Has anybody noticed a drop in their vento's fuel economy? I hardly get anything above 15km/l even on long drives. I remember getting 21km/l initially on this car.Any suggestions to rectify this would be highly appreciated.
Check the following:

1)Air filter
2)Fuel filter
3)Tyre pressures maintained,
4)Try changing the fuel station
5) Last but not the least - Your driving style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasnb View Post
What if the injectors fail when the car is out of warranty?
Simple, Replace it at owners cost.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks