Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2014, 14:44   #7411
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Don't the VWs come with 2 year, unlimited mileage warranty, or is that only for the first owner?
You are Right Currently VW is offering 2 Year Unlimited KMS Warranty with an Option to Upgrade to 2+1 Year / 80k KMS or 2 + 2 Year / 1Lakh KMS whichever occurs earlier.

However when i had brought the Vento in Dec 2010 the Standard Warranty offer was for 2 Years / 1 Lakh KMS whichever occurs earlier with an Option to Upgrade to 2+2 / 1 Lakh Kms whichever occurs earlier. However the catch here was 1 Lakh KMS was the Maximum Limit both in standard and extended warranty and hence my Car post crossing the 1 Lakh limit with Fumes coming out of the Oil Level check section was a ticking time bomb. I guess the same is true i.e. 1 Lakh Limit even for the extended warranty package being offered currently.The additional year is denoted as +1 or + 2 but kms limit is at 1 Lakh only.Please correct me if i am wrong.
Old 9th December 2014, 20:15   #7412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
4.5 lacs only for a 2013 model??
what variant do you have and what was your purchase price if you don't mind?
Yes, that's the going price for all VW cars and this is the lowest I have sold My Vento's for and this is a Highline Jan 2013 Model, I'm not able to remember the price I got it for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
You are definitely been taken for a ride. Below is an attached image of selling price calculated by Team-BHP.
I haven't been cause this is the usual situation for VW cars due to their high maintenance costs combined with high mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Express View Post
The Quote given to #enzowho is good and the best one can get considering the fact that the Vehicle is Run 1 Lakh KMS Plus hence out of warranty and there are tell tale signs of Piston Ring Damage- Fumes coming out of the Oil Level Indicator check section. Vento is Termed as a High on Maintenance Car in the Second Hand market and hence once the car crosses the 60-75 k mark the value goes down drastically.
True, this is the best quote others have been quoting ridiculous prices as low as 2.75 lakhs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Don't the VWs come with 2 year, unlimited mileage warranty, or is that only for the first owner?
Yes, They do come with 2 Yrs/Unlimited KMS but mine is gonna run out of warranty next month which is another bonus when you are selling a VW.
#enzowho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2014, 12:56   #7413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Can you please post the link of it. My vehicle steering makes as slight click noise perpetually. No sounds while turning it. Do you have a Technical Service Handbook/Advisory PDF which VW puts out listing the problem?
Check the below link:-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3314785

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
I checked with two different service centres and both gave same response. I will take up the matter again this time with the General Manager of ASC. Thanks
Refer the below link. This might give your some helpful information.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3314785

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 9th February 2015 at 08:27. Reason: Back to back posts merged
DineshKanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2014, 13:28   #7414
BHPian

The car (Petrol) shudders abruptly when started, sometimes (2 out of the 5 cranks yest). No check light, or issue otherwise.

Possibly a case of bad injector?

Didn't get the time to plug in the OBD Scanner.

Ques is, if it is indeed the injector, should I continue using the car till Feb (when the Service is due), or get this done asap?
Old 10th December 2014, 14:01   #7415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeH View Post
The car (Petrol) shudders abruptly when started..................vice is due), or get this done asap?
This maybe due to worn out engine mounts. How many kms has the car done?
Old 10th December 2014, 19:53   #7416
BHPian

Re: Cleaning Air Filter of Vento

Went for a regular check up. Software diagnostic tool shows "poor oil quality". SA says, this is quite common as the last oil change was more than 6 months back (around 8k kms clocked). I left wondering whether i should get the oil changed now or wait for few more months when the service is due.

Referring to an old post in this regard:
Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Thus during servicing I am forced to allow the VW workshop to use Castrol Magnatec but after 5000-6000 km instead of topping up the oil I drain it out completely and use Mobil1 instead .

Last edited by stringbh : 10th December 2014 at 19:54.
Old 10th December 2014, 20:06   #7417
BHPian

I need help to remove and re-install the front bumper in my vento, for upgrading the horn (same wattage). Can some help me with DIY tips to remove and re-installing front bumper or point me to the relevant links.

The Palace cross service quoted Rs.3,800/- for installation including cost of the Horn :-(
Old 10th December 2014, 22:43   #7418
Senior - BHPian

Was wondering if any Vento diesel owner has gone for an intake manifold or egr cleaning. Have read many times on team bhp that it does help to get egr cleaned around 35-40k mark. My Vento has done 31k and has become a bit rough off late, was wondering if egr cleaning could help. Planning to get it done outside at an independent garage.
Old 11th December 2014, 00:32   #7419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
I need help to remove and re-install the front bumper in my vento, for upgrading the horn (same wattage). Can some help me with DIY tips to remove and re-installing front bumper or point me to the relevant links.
The horn is located beside the fog lamp. IIRC its on the left side. I had got the horn replaced under warranty as the low tone wasn't working. Remove the left side fog lamp plastic cladding and you should be able to access the horn.

No need for removal of front bumper.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 11:48   #7420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
This maybe due to worn out engine mounts. How many kms has the car done?
<20K KM.

Worn out mounts would mean a lot of shudderring na?
In my case it's just slight on beginning.

Work is preventing me from doing an OBD Scan.
Would be doing this tomorrow morning.
Old 20th December 2014, 14:19   #7421
Senior - BHPian

I'm hearing a light kat-kat sound from under, when going over bad roads, only when my foot is off the accelerator. I bent down and tried pulling at the drive shaft and the one on passenger side has got a bit of play. Initially, I thought about loose brake calipers, but they seem tight.

Anyone had issues with drive shaft?
Old 21st December 2014, 15:20   #7422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Was wondering if any Vento diesel owner has gone for an intake manifold or egr cleaning. Have read many times on team bhp that it does help to get egr cleaned around 35-40k mark. My Vento has done 31k and has become a bit rough off late, was wondering if egr cleaning could help. Planning to get it done outside at an independent garage.
Nope, Not at all.
I've used mine extensively and none of the services included EGR Cleaning.

Last edited by #enzowho : 21st December 2014 at 15:22.
Old 22nd December 2014, 22:57   #7423
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Had a small doubt...I am looking at buying an Petrol Automatic Sedan and Vento is one of the choices. I was going through the website of Volkswagen India and I am a bit confused looking at the various versions of Vento listed. As per the website following are the versions of Vento on sale:

1. Vento
2. New Vento
3. Vento Tsi
4. Vento Konekt

Can some one please explain me the difference between so many versions. Note than I am interested only in Automatic version (petrol). Which one should I be looking at? Vento Tsi OR an automatic version of New Vento?

Last edited by Saanil : 22nd December 2014 at 22:58.
Old 22nd December 2014, 23:37   #7424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Hi Guys,

Had a small doubt...I am looking at buying an Petrol Automatic Sedan and Vento is one of the choices. I was going through the website of Volkswagen India and I am a bit confused looking at the various versions of Vento listed. As per the website following are the versions of Vento on sale:

1. Vento
2. New Vento
3. Vento Tsi
4. Vento Konekt

Can some one please explain me the difference between so many versions. Note than I am interested only in Automatic version (petrol). Which one should I be looking at? Vento Tsi OR an automatic version of New Vento?
I would advise you to go for Vento TSI. It has got a mind blowing engine + gearbox combo. The turbo charged petrol engine never runs out of juice and the DSG gearbox is phenomenal, probably the best gearbox in this segment. The only grouse is the DSG gearbox reliability or the lack of it.
Vento AT (non-TSI) is also a good option, haven't come across any complaints regarding this gearbox.
Can't say much about the non TSI AT Vento as I have only driven the Rapid AT briefly and I must say the Vento TSI is leagues ahead of the regular Vento AT.
Old 22nd December 2014, 23:51   #7425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Nope. Not me too. Mine has done 52K almost. Servicing will probably solve the roughness. Most of the times our dusty roads in Air FIlter getting choked so probably that might be the reason.
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks