Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2014, 09:58   #7366
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
. Rapid TD because Vento TDI DSG is not yet available for TD.
Vento TDI DSG is available for test drive. VW mumbai North gave me a test drive in a comfortline TDI DSG. i specifically checked with them if it is a customer car and they were vehement that it is not. So you might want to check with them
Old 1st December 2014, 10:30   #7367
BHPian

I recently bought the 1.6TDI Highline and took it on a fairly long drive (1600 odd kms) in the last few days, the car did beautifully well but now there is squeaking sounds from all the doors (i think it is the same door beading rubbing on metal issue) whenever it hits a pothole or there are undulations on the road. it is pretty loud and is irritating me. Is this normal on a car which is less than a week old and how can fix it.

Mods: Sorry , time to edit lapsed. request you to please merge
Old 1st December 2014, 15:03   #7368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
I recently bought the 1.6TDI Highline and took it on a fairly long drive (1600 odd kms) in the last few days, the car did beautifully well but now there is squeaking sounds from all the doors

Is this normal on a car which is less than a week old and how can fix it.
This is the felt lining rubbing against the paint. There have not been a permanent fix for this issue worldwide and for many VW cars. Temporarily, you can try WD40 or applying tape on top of the paint. If you complain to the service center, they may do the same thing; in fact there was a circular from VW to apply transparent tape for complaining customers, but my service center denied it. You can know about it more on this page and this.

Last edited by thoma : 1st December 2014 at 15:14.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 15:34   #7369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premc44 View Post
As per VW , you need to check for engine malfunction. Check this site. It gives proper directions to all warning lamp issues, worthwhile to have a printout to keep in the glovebox.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/w...anagement-lamp

I did as you said, Prem, but ultimately the flowchart leads to the part where it says " drive slowly to the nearest authorized repairer ". I already did that, nothing better came outta it. :(
Old 1st December 2014, 15:44   #7370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
This is the felt lining rubbing against the paint. There have not been a permanent fix for this issue worldwide and for many VW cars. Temporarily, you can try WD40 or applying tape on top of the paint. If you complain to the service center, they may do the same thing; in fact there was a circular from VW to apply transparent tape for complaining customers, but my service center denied it. You can know about it more on this page and this.
Thanks Thoma. I did go through your's and saurav's analysis of the issue. I will try WD-40, but is it advisable to use it on rubber?. Also applying transparent tape, will it lead to any issues like water seepage during rains. I will anyway take it to the ASS and ask them about it.
Old 1st December 2014, 15:47   #7371
BHPian

I own a 1.6 TDI Highline and it has clocked 67000 KM's in three years. Recently there was a kat-kat noise from the steering column on sudden movement or at the end of full rotation. After some time the steering used to feels like getting stuck if held in certain position for long time and it needed extra effort to turn the column.

Checked with the service center and they said it was an issue with the column. It was taken up for repair and parts were changed under extended warranty. Although they did not charge for the parts that were replaced (it was quite high and charged to the third party warranty insurer) they charged me for the labor and wheel alignment (it was quiet nominal).

My doubts are have others faced this issue?

Is it the norm to charge the labor to customer for what is changed in warranty?

Although the process was smooth and the vehicle was delivered in two days the service adviser was not able to specify the issues and reason. And when requested for looking at the replaced component he said they are not available and returned for warranty claim.
Old 1st December 2014, 17:51   #7372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr_rpm View Post
Is it the norm to charge the labor to customer for what is changed in warranty?
No, its is not a norm but many VW dealers are doing it. If at all you were charged, you should have only paid for the wheel alignment and not a penny for steering column related labour. This is unethical, if any part is changed in warranty, no company charges labour for it from the customer. Off late, have been seeing many VW service center's charge labour for warranty related work.

There have been a few cases regarding issues with steering columns and they do have to return the old parts when a part is changed in warranty.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 1st December 2014 at 17:53.
Old 2nd December 2014, 10:02   #7373
BHPian

There have been a few cases regarding issues with steering columns and they do have to return the old parts when a part is changed in warranty.[/quote]

Do they retun the part to the customer or sent to the manufacturer?
Old 2nd December 2014, 11:57   #7374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr_rpm View Post
Do they retun the part to the customer or sent to the manufacturer?
Of course the manufacturer, to analyze further on the issue, any need for mass recall etc etc. This is only with respect to warranty replacement.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2014, 13:16   #7375
BHPian

I have a question for all vento owners, how do you maintain the interiors of the vento, the beige part. mine is less than a week old and there are already quite a few stains on it. i am a bit concerned about the upkeep. any interior cleaning liquid that is suggested which can be used both on the dash, door trim as well as on the leatherette seat and arm rest etc
Old 2nd December 2014, 17:59   #7376
BHPian

Can someone who has driven the new Vento 1.5 TDI MT tell how is the Clutch behavior? is it lighter and easier compared to the old 1.6 TDI? because inquired with one dealer here and he said that the clutch is better comparatively and there is no difference in power and performance.

People say theres a lot of difference between the old 1.6 TDI and the new 1.5 TDI and the old one feels much better. I have tried the new rapid 1.5 TDI and the old Vento 1.6 TDI and I did find some difference but not a huge difference. The new one didn't feel dud like some people claim. But when compared to the DSG variant, The 1.6 TDI felt better coz I didn't find the performance in DSG as entertaining somehow.

I am thinking of the manual 1.5 TDI Highline now but still not decided. too much confusion! :-/

Last edited by magikrider : 2nd December 2014 at 18:01.
Old 2nd December 2014, 19:24   #7377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a question for all vento owners, how do you maintain the interiors of the vento, the beige part.
I use following to keep my car clean, completing 4 years in April 2015.

Plastic trim cleaning:
1. Meguiars Natural Shine Protectant.

Leather/Leatherette:
1. Meguiars Gold Class Leather cleaner and conditioner.

You would need following as well
1. Some micro fiber cloth
2. Meguiars yellow applicator pads.

All the above can be purchased from any nearby 3M Car Care.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2014, 00:43   #7378
BHPian

Quote:
Vento TDI DSG is available for test drive. VW mumbai North gave me a test drive in a comfortline TDI DSG. i specifically checked with them if it is a customer car and they were vehement that it is not. So you might want to check with them
Today called up the Andheri west VW showroom to ask if they had the 1.6 TDI car available but they said its not available. Then asked if they had the diesel DSG available for TD and the sales guy said its not yet available and its no where available anywhere. They'll get only next year sometime. Same answer as VW Downtown.

You probably got the TD on a customer car like I got one on a Rapid DSG. I had even asked how is it possible and the SA said what can we do as the TD car is at the other branch and we have to give TD to customers!
Old 3rd December 2014, 10:52   #7379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
I use following to keep my car clean, completing 4 years in April 2015.

Plastic trim cleaning:
1. Meguiars Natural Shine Protectant.

Leather/Leatherette:
1. Meguiars Gold Class Leather cleaner and conditioner.

You would need following as well
1. Some micro fiber cloth
2. Meguiars yellow applicator pads.

All the above can be purchased from any nearby 3M Car Care.
Thanks El Lobo.

a few questions

1) Will Meguiars natural shine protectant only help in maintain the shine or will it also help in removing stains from the beige plastic parts. stains mainly from hand and finger imprints. my main concern is the stains as i have small kids

2) For the leather cleaner, how frequently does one have to do this and how long does a 414 ml bottle last typically.

also since it is a new car i want to get a paint protection done. any suggestions? also is under body coating required for a vento

To Magikrider

I had the same confusion as you whether to go for the 1.5 TDi or the 1.6 TDI. My 2 cents, if you are not keen on the DSG (i had to let go of it because i wanted the car immediately and there was a waiting for the DSG highline) i would suggest the 1.6 TDI for the simple reason that there is quite a bit of discount on it and you can get a good deal. 1.6 TDI clutch is heavy, i am not sure how lighter is the clutch of 1.5 TDI, but if there is not much of a difference you should opt for the 1.6 TDI because with the cash saved you can do quite a few things. First in my list is to upgrade the HU to a proper touch screen one with Navigation and camera
Also i got a test drive of the DSG from VW North (Borivali) not Andheri

Last edited by Mohan Mathew A : 3rd December 2014 at 11:15.
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2014, 00:01   #7380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1) Will Meguiars natural shine protectant only help in maintain the shine or will it also help in removing stains from the beige plastic parts. stains mainly from hand and finger imprints. my main concern is the stains as i have small kids
It removes stain and gives a matt finish to the plastic trims. Having a shiny polish would result in dashboard reflecting on windscreen.

Quote:
2) For the leather cleaner, how frequently does one have to do this and how long does a 414 ml bottle last typically.
Depends on usage. Mine is going 2 year strong. I apply once in 2 months. It cleans and makes leatherette supple. The product name is Meguiars Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner & Conditioner.

Quote:
also since it is a new car i want to get a paint protection done. any suggestions?
Branded detailing service, just one 3M Car Care.

Quote:
also is under body coating required for a vento
No. It's already pretty much protected.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks