Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2014, 08:28   #7081
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Also, any idea about the current waiting period for Vento Diesel top version?
Sales experience is average in Palace Cross but their Service center-Bangalore Motors Pvt Ltd , is more than average and currently the best in Bangalore( atleast in my case)

Last edited by volkman10 : 3rd July 2014 at 08:42.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2014, 10:11   #7082
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Preference would be vw Whitefield or palace cross.
Sure, please PM me the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Sales experience is average in Palace Cross but their Service center-Bangalore Motors Pvt Ltd , is more than average and currently the best in Bangalore( atleast in my case)
Any idea about the one in Singasandra, Hosur road?
Old 17th July 2014, 15:42   #7083
BHPian

Hi ,

Just put up my 30k, 2yr update on my thread here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3273868

Cheers
Sid
Old 18th July 2014, 13:55   #7084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Sure, please PM me the details.

Any idea about the one in Singasandra, Hosur road?
VW Downtown/Elite motors?- I will rate experience with them below average for service and just average for sales.

I have taken delivery of my car (Vento TDi) from them and also had dropped couple of time for service.

Sales- i recommend Palace Cross and Whitefield any time over Downtown. I went ahead with Downtown for a little better discount they gave and availability of choice of color.
murajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2014, 12:58   #7085
BHPian

Our third german car we literally could not stop at one Its a Vento TDI 1.6 highline. I was blown away by the service given to us by downtown (shaman) volkswagen. It was better than skoda autobahn or even auto hangar. Our sales persons name was Suniel Kumar. He knew his job well and quickly realised that I knew more about cars than my mom who was with me during the test drive. As soon as i mentioned that we were interested in buying the verna he asked me how I liked the ride and how was the suspension . We got delivery of the car inside the time we were quoted which was about 15 days its a 2014 model in candy white. I wanted to know how is the volkswagen service in south bombay as this is our first volkswagen and we have had horrible experiences with skoda in the past I also wanted to know which car shampoo I should buy for my cars both are white (laura and vento) and where could i get a gti grille from and how much does it cost
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_1566.jpg  

Old 23rd July 2014, 22:21   #7086
BHPian

Finally, the Chinese have come to the rescue for the lame RCD 310 head unit. I have long wanted to play music via the bluetooth on the RCD 310 head unit.

First found a bluetooth audio usb device on ebay.com(available for just 5 $) ! Ordered it and then realised that aaa.. dud you need an MDI wire with 3.5 mm jack at one end to go with the bluetooth usb, so ordered the 2 meter MDI wire again from ebay.com (many options available on ebay)

The wire arrived after 3 weeks of waiting. Just went down to check if the wire worked, connected the cord to the MDI interface and the 3.5 mm jack to my phone and there was a big grin on my face as it worked! For 15 odd dollars I could play music from any source on the RCD 310 head unit!!!

Now time to get rid of the wire on the phone! Attached the bluetooth USB to the the charging point in front of the gear shift, connect the 3.5 mm wire to the USB which has an 3.5mm input at the back. Paired my phone and woohoo! I can play music without any wires attached to my phone!

But the dream run ended when I tired to make call! I can hear the person on the other end of the phone from the car speakers but the person can't hear me! The phone mic gets disabled in the bluetooth mode! So music part is now sorted, for bluetooth phone connectivity, the hunt for a USB bluetooth device with an inbuilt mic is on!

In other updates, the car has been running like a dream, have done 19.5K so far and have a Mahabaleshwar trip coming up this weekend and Goa trip coming up in mid August before the car goes for its second service in last week of August. Yoko S drives have turned noisy and hard though they grip really well in wet as well as dry! No issue with ECU remap which was done when the car had done 7K, but the ECU keeps getting off the hook in the engine bay if there is a rude shock! Need to sort out the last bit, may be tape the ECU with an electric tape?

Cheers!

Blackbolt!
Old 23rd July 2014, 23:34   #7087
BHPian

Blackbolt, instead of electrical tape, use a combination of 3m double tape and cable ties.
latentpotential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 11:34   #7088
vdi
BHPian

Read somewhere that the facelift for Vento is going to be a 1.5 litre engine against the 1.6. Can someone confirm this?
Old 27th July 2014, 14:11   #7089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdi View Post
Read somewhere that the facelift for Vento is going to be a 1.5 litre engine against the 1.6. Can someone confirm this?
Yes that's true. Both Vento & Rapid would come with downsized 1.5 litre engine so as to avail excise cut, less tax and cheaper insurance as well. It took VW 4 years to realize it.
Old 27th July 2014, 15:35   #7090
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Yes that's true. Both Vento & Rapid would come with downsized 1.5 litre engine so as to avail excise cut, less tax and cheaper insurance as well. It took VW 4 years to realize it.
Realizing is one thing. Having an engine ready is another thing. There are a lot of business aspects (and not all make sense from the end consumer's viewpoint) that go into the choice of components for the car.

For e.g. the Fiat's 1.6L engine is a perfect winning combo for the Punto/Linea on paper. Realistically it might not be a good business decision for Fiat to do so.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 27th July 2014 at 15:36.
Old 28th July 2014, 15:27   #7091
BHPian

one of June 14 Vento is reported to have staging enabled by default- some new instrument cluster?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3489920
Old 28th July 2014, 19:26   #7092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
one of June 14 Vento is reported to have staging enabled by default- some new instrument cluster?
I wish this needle staging be more of a new ECU software, so that earlier Pre-2011 model Vento could as well enable it. After all its just a mechanical movement.
VW should put forward a list of function that can be enabled in new Polo/Vento.

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 28th July 2014 at 19:27.
Old 28th July 2014, 22:37   #7093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
I wish this needle staging be more of a new ECU software, so that earlier Pre-2011 model Vento could as well enable it. After all its just a mechanical movement.
VW should put forward a list of function that can be enabled in new Polo/Vento.
yes, i am waiting for more details - hopefully its a FW upgrade to the Instrument panel.
Old 2nd August 2014, 12:20   #7094
BHPian

Spotted a new Vento yesterday here in Lucknow. Could see only the rear and what I could notice is that the "Volkswagen" insignia is gone and "Vento" badge is on the left top and a TDI badge is there on the right. The instrument panel is still lit in red only. What could be the other changes? Is it again a pre-face lift version?

Vipin.
Old 2nd August 2014, 12:38   #7095
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Spotted a new Vento yesterday here in Lucknow. Could see only the rear and what I could notice is that the "Volkswagen" insignia is gone and "Vento" badge is on the left top and a TDI badge is there on the right. The instrument panel is still lit in red only.
I think it is more in line with international offerings of Volkswagen. I am not sure if too many cars carry the 'Volkswagen' badge outside India. Some one may please confirm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks