Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2013, 16:26   #6751
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Check your battery, specifically it is winter. When was the last time you changed the Battery? Or is it still OEM battery?

You ran 64K KMs in 14 months, at an average ~5K KM per month, which is 180KM/day. Also you are mentioning that daily drive is only 5KMS exactly?
No The Battery hasn't been touched at all. The Delay in startup only when I start in the morning and only once it happens.

No since the last 3 months my usage is limited to 5kms exactly and around 50kms on sundays.
The reason for that is I was on vacations and I used to do Bangalore-Chennai-Pondicherry twice a month until October and basically I've covered almost Entire South India, lol.
Old 11th December 2013, 16:48   #6752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
I have a Vento TDI, in the mornings when i start the car up there's delay in starting say 5 seconds and then the engine starts up it's been happening since 2 weeks; the car has run 68K KMS in 14 Months and my daily driving is 5 KMS exactly.
My TDi is mostly a weekend car, so it stays in the garage for a long time. I notice increased cranking time when it has been untouched for a week; otherwise it cranks easily. Sometimes I have to crank twice. But it has run only ~5k.
Old 12th December 2013, 18:07   #6753
BHPian

My Vento is up for first service. Am at 14400+kms & MID shows 23 days to go. Have booked a slot for 14 Dec 2013.

I would remember to
- Empty the Glove Box, Boot Area, Parcel Tray, etc. Would itemise the Tool Kit.
- Remove the USB Drive. (I am not sure if I can remove the head unit - maybe not)
- Make a note of the external scratches, seat fabric cleanliness, fuel levels, etc on the job card.

Would be asking for the following (if they do not offer to do the same)
- Full Engine Oil Replacement.

Would be asking them NOT to do the following
- Wheel Alignment / Balancing (am more comfortable doing this myself at shorter intervals)

& If possible will stay there for the day. (crazy me... )
Any advice/tips most welcome.

Thanks in Advance !
Old 12th December 2013, 22:40   #6754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Even I'm facing the same issue of steering column noise. Car has only run 14K and even though you be driving on flat surface you keep getting kick-kick noise. Can you please upload a copy of bill of under warranty replacement of steering column, it would help me in getting the work done if they try refusing it.

What sort of noise was emitting from your steering column? Was it there on flat leveled surface as well?
Hi el lobo,

I did face exactly the same issue on my Vento and they have replaced the steering column under warranty. This have happened just before my first service. After the replacement, i did not face any issues till date. Now the car is almost due for second service.
Old 13th December 2013, 00:30   #6755
BHPian

Hello

I need help from Vento owners out there. The later models of Vento have an underbody protection below the engine compartment (the earlier model as i understand only had a fabric-like covering around the chamber) which is solid metal/hard plastic.

It would be of great help to me if anyone can upload some pics of the car's underbody to help understand how exactly is this covering below the engine fixed in the car. I want to get this shield fitted in my Rapid which does not come with any such protection. So before ordering this I want to know if there are any special brackets underneath on which this protective shield is screwed. I would like to be sure of the entire thing so that I am able to order all the parts together.

I am sure Vento lovers who trail their car on the workshop floor during the services would be able to help me with this

Below is the link of the discussion on the Rapid thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3230950

Last edited by torque18 : 13th December 2013 at 00:36.
Old 17th December 2013, 13:04   #6756
BHPian

Fellow Ventonians, wanted some help regarding the new RCD320 system on the 2013 model. I recently completed a road trip of 800 odd kms & had the opportunity to extensively use the Google Maps app on my Samsung Galaxy S3 for assistance. Although I could hear the voice guidance on the phone, the instructions were not getting streamed onto the stereo unit via Bluetooth. However I was able to answer/reject phone calls at the same time via Bluetooth. Does this require any specific configuration settings to be enabled on the phone or the 320 unit OR is this is a limitation on the phone or the 320 unit ? Thanks in advance.
Old 17th December 2013, 14:29   #6757
BHPian

The channel for phone conversations is different from music and voice guidance.

To hear this,
Press media--> BT--> Connect to your phone and play a song.

Now stop the song on u r phone and close music player.

Now open google maps and check the voice guidance.

It works for me all the time.

Just my 2 paise.
rakchow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 17:16   #6758

Hi,

I recently got my Vento TDI serviced (about 3 months back) when I completed one year of running.

After a month I have started observing mild rattles on the left side of the vehicle on rough roads which were not there earlier. These rattles seem to be coming from the left door or from the dashboard on the left side of the car. I tried removing all lose items from the car and driving again on a mildly rough road but still rattling noise is observed. So its not because of external things in the car. Have anybody got such sounds and what seems to be the problem. I don't observe the rattles when the passenger seat is occupied. I know I can just take it back to the service centre and get it re-checked but I'm just checking with the experienced owners in the forum.

Another strange problem which I observed only a week back is my vehicle is vibrating slowly when I'm in idle. By idle I mean engine switched on and in neutral and without my feet on any of the pedal but on the floor. And I very well remember that this was not happening earlier. I have searched for vibration keyword in this thread and saw a couple of posts and didn't see them relevant to this. So posting this query to the experts to comment on.

Thanks
Sreekanth
Old 18th December 2013, 11:57   #6759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
I visited the Abra motors service station in Ambattur. Abra is my dealer. I will post a picture of the invoice shortly.
Copy of invoice of Vento TDI highline second service @ 30000 kms.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-vento-bill.jpg  

LandCruiser is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th December 2013, 12:21   #6760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakchow View Post
The channel for phone conversations is different from music and voice guidance.

To hear this,
Press media--> BT--> Connect to your phone and play a song.

Now stop the song on u r phone and close music player.

Now open google maps and check the voice guidance.

It works for me all the time.

Just my 2 paise.
Thanks for your inputs rakchow, will definitely try it out but can you clarify if this has to be performed only once or do I need to repeat this exercise every time I get out of my car & get back in. Reason I ask is on the recent road trip, I had to frequently stop my car & take out my phone to click snaps or for breaks.
Old 18th December 2013, 12:36   #6761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akula.sreekanth View Post
After a month I have started observing mild rattles on the left side of the vehicle on rough roads which were not there earlier. These rattles seem to be coming from the left door or from the dashboard on the left side of the car.
I have noticed this in my car too, my guess is it is from the front left door. Occurs when running on rough roads. But not very disturbing at this point so didn't bother to report.
Old 18th December 2013, 12:39   #6762
BHPian

Oh ,

Keep the bluetooth switched on in your phone and switch off the engine while in media bluetooth mode on the head unit.

Now when you turn the engine back on the headunit connects to BT automatically.
Also dont close the google maps guidance on the phone.

One thing to remember is if you play songs via bluetooth and attempt to navigate via voise guidance, there will be a pause in the song, a guidance voice will be heard and song will resume again.
However half of the guidance will be lost In the lag.

Bottom line, dont play music and use voice guidance at the same time.

Just my 2 paise
Cheers.
rakchow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2013, 12:48   #6763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akula.sreekanth View Post
Hi, I recently got my Vento TDI serviced (about 3 months back) when I completed one year of running. After a month I have started observing mild rattles on the left side of the vehicle on rough roads which were not there earlier. These rattles seem to be coming from the left door or from the dashboard on the left side of the car. I tried removing all lose items from the car and driving again on a mildly rough road but still rattling noise is observed. So its not because of external things in the car. Have anybody got such sounds and what seems to be the problem. I don't observe the rattles when the passenger seat is occupied. I know I can just take it back to the service centre and get it re-checked but I'm just checking with the experienced owners in the forum. Another strange problem which I observed only a week back is my vehicle is vibrating slowly when I'm in idle. By idle I mean engine switched on and in neutral and without my feet on any of the pedal but on the floor. And I very well remember that this was not happening earlier. I have searched for vibration keyword in this thread and saw a couple of posts and didn't see them relevant to this. So posting this query to the experts to comment on. Thanks Sreekanth
Yes my vento is 22000 km run . Had observed vibrations at idle too. Seems like the car shivers at idle. It happened for a specific tankful of a diesel I filled. After refilling with my regular outlet the vibration have disappeared. Some relationship with fuel quality-knocking which makes car vibrate
Old 18th December 2013, 13:17   #6764
BHPian

Recently completed third service of my TDI. The cost for each service has been n in the range of 10,000 including the wheel balancing and alignment.

Of late I am the FE of my vehicle has dropped to around 16.5 to 17 form 18 to 19 earlier for Normal two lane highway. In city it has dropped to 12 to 12.5 from 14 to 15. My driving has become more sedate in recent times form high raving ones earlier. My calculations have always been by tank fill method.

Highlighted it during the third service and the service adviser informed that they cleaned the fuel jets and the FE should improve. Still evaluating it (have not filled the tank after the service).

A colleague has the same issue in his TDI. Are there others facing the FE drop?
Old 18th December 2013, 14:24   #6765

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Yes my vento is 22000 km run . Had observed vibrations at idle too. Seems like the car shivers at idle. It happened for a specific tankful of a diesel I filled. After refilling with my regular outlet the vibration have disappeared. Some relationship with fuel quality-knocking which makes car vibrate
Hmm. that seems like a logical explanation which I'll keep in mind when I want to fill fuel in another outlet. But I've filled fuel in the same outlet except the day I bought.

I guess both the rattle and vibration need a visit to the service centre.

Just wanted to check with vento owners, has the service centre charged any money if you go on such after service problems. I'm okay if its a genuine problem and they charge me but I wouldn't like if they charge me if they are occurring due to an improper inspection while servicing.

Regards
Sreekanth

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks