Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2013, 01:36   #6691
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
But are you sure, is the Vento's Turbo water cooled?
VW 1.6 TDi 105 PS VGT turbocharger is oil cooled and not water cooled.
Old 17th November 2013, 09:50   #6692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
VW 1.6 TDi 105 PS VGT turbocharger is oil cooled and not water cooled.
That was what I knew all this time, but reading the OP I got second thoughts on why exactly the fan was still on after a spirited drive. It is to cool the coolant, right? And the coolant in turn? I started wondering whether the coolant was circulating near the turbo or just the cylinder jacket.
Old 17th November 2013, 14:41   #6693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Got my Bridge highline edition yesterday. Will create a new thread soon. I changed the stock HU RCD 320 to Philadelphia 835 from Blaupunkt at the showroom itself.
Congratulations on your new ride. Its a delightful car to drive.

The Blaupunkt 835 looks really nice. Would you be kind enough to answer a few queries as I am interested in the same for my Vento.
Since you had it installed at the dealer itself, its a given that warranty isnt void. Apart frm that -

1)Is it a direct fit to the existing steering mounted controls?
2) Are you able to pair ur phone and answer/reject calls thru the steering mounted phone button? How good is the call/voice quality?
3)Have u installed a reversing camera? works well?
4)Any major modifications required to the existing wiring/controls to install this system?
5) most importantly - price?
6) Does the Navigation function work?
Wishing you miles of safe motoring

Regards
ASVA

Last edited by ASVA : 17th November 2013 at 14:42.
ASVA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2013, 17:04   #6694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASVA View Post
Congratulations on your new ride. Its a delightful car to drive. The Blaupunkt 835 looks really nice. Would you be kind enough to answer a few queries as I am interested in the same for my Vento. Since you had it installed at the dealer itself, its a given that warranty isnt void. Apart frm that - 1)Is it a direct fit to the existing steering mounted controls? 2) Are you able to pair ur phone and answer/reject calls thru the steering mounted phone button? How good is the call/voice quality? 3)Have u installed a reversing camera? works well? 4)Any major modifications required to the existing wiring/controls to install this system? 5) most importantly - price? 6) Does the Navigation function work? Wishing you miles of safe motoring Regards ASVA
Thank you. Highline bridge does not come with steering controls, Apollo tyres. But at same time Philadelphia is a made for VW HU. No wires were cut and it was just plug and play. It took just 10 minutes to connect it. Only thing which delayed it for me was the wrong connector used by blaupunkt technician. Once he used the right connector it was fine. The parking display is awesome as it shows full car and the distance to obstacle. It is compatible with rear camera. Comes up with MMI navigation system with latest maps. Bluetooth works like a charm and my wife felt audio clarity was pretty good. Mike is placed above drivers sun visor. Costs 50K with MMI. MMI alone is 5K. Will share photos in my ownership thread.
prabhuferrari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 12:14   #6695

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Thank you. Highline bridge does not come with steering controls,
========Will share photos in my ownership thread.
Hi Prabhu I am also considering upgrade to Philadelphia 835. Did the dealer buy back the RCD320? Also did you notice improvement in sound from stock speakers?
Old 18th November 2013, 12:15   #6696
Senior - BHPian

Upgraded the headlamps to the Philips Xtremevision of the stock 55/60 spec. I can safely say there is a visible improvement and the throw and spread are at least 30% better than stock - okay, may be a bit more! The lights are definitely brighter than stock and retain their yellowish tint.

For installation the driver side headlight assembly had to be fully taken out and then the bulb replaced. However, the passenger side light replacement was easier, albeit somewhat tricky, but was carefully done by twisting and turning the palms and fingers, guesstimating and feeling the clicks and turns, all without loosening any screws.

Lights were bought from eBay for 1350/pair.

I recommend this upgrade for anyone looking for brighter lights on their Vento - specially those who want to keep it as stock as possible without loosing their warranty.
9thsphinx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 15:24   #6697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somonwheels View Post
Hi Prabhu I am also considering upgrade to Philadelphia 835. Did the dealer buy back the RCD320? Also did you notice improvement in sound from stock speakers?
I definitely see an improvement in audio quality. But I had a pioneer before and RCD 310 before that on my old Vento. So I might not be the best person to judge. I am trying to sell the Head Unit outside as I generally believe dealers dont give a good price for buying things.
prabhuferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 15:55   #6698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Anyone looking for a DIY cleaning of your A/C pollen filter can take a cue from my thread here.
Another DIY. This time air filter cleaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Upgraded the headlamps to the Philips Xtremevision of the stock 55/60 spec.
If at all you have before and after pictures, please share. And please let us know how it fares during rain in the night, once it rains. Thanks.

Last edited by thoma : 18th November 2013 at 15:57.
Old 19th November 2013, 16:09   #6699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
Hi Guys,

Finally got this leakage problem sorted out. It was coolant which was dripping
Aniket,

Noticed you are from Pune. Which dealership is this. I recently moved from Vidyut to BU Bhandari and had a far better service experience.
Old 19th November 2013, 20:50   #6700
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, a quick question. My cousin is in need of a car and has zeroed on to diesel Vento. I just want to know is that how is the service at Gurgaon/Delhi ? After reading through the horror stories here, i'm apprehensive and have asked him to have a relook over his decision. Still, he is willing for Vento only. Please help.
Old 19th November 2013, 22:47   #6701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Guys, a quick question. My cousin is in need of a car and has zeroed on to diesel Vento. I just want to know is that how is the service at Gurgaon/Delhi ? After reading through the horror stories here, i'm apprehensive and have asked him to have a relook over his decision. Still, he is willing for Vento only. Please help.
Gurgaon frontier is bearable service center. Be sure to be a little strict with them and they listen to you
Old 22nd November 2013, 18:28   #6702

Hello Everyone,

I need some help. I was driving my 2011 Vento (Petrol) today and once i parked my car i saw heavy smoke coming from the bonnet and immediately the coolent started to leak and in a matter of 30 Mins the entire coolent was drained.I am not sure what has gone wrong. There was no accident or any underbody scarping while driving. I called the VW Roadside Assistence and they said as the car is out of warranty they can arrange for towing the car to the nearest service center at a cost of Rs, 5500. I just took the service center number and kept the call.

I have called the VW Whitefield guys and they said that they will be attending the problem tomorrow morning.

Can someone please let me know if anyone has faced a similar issue and what could have possibly gone wrong? Is there anything I need to know before i take the car to the A.S.S ? I am more worried after hearing some horror stories about the VW A.S.S.

Can i drive the car to the nearest A.S.S which is 10Kms away by putting water in the coolent compartment in case they dont turn up tomorrow?

Please help.. Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 18:37   #6703
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan View Post
Can someone please let me know if anyone has faced a similar issue and what could have possibly gone wrong? Is there anything I need to know before i take the car to the A.S.S ? I am more worried after hearing some horror stories about the VW A.S.S.

Can i drive the car to the nearest A.S.S which is 10Kms away by putting water in the coolent compartment in case they dont turn up tomorrow?

Please help.. Thanks
Usually a mech will come from VW to check before sending tow.

EDIT: First check engine oil level after engine is cooled down. If ok then proceed to next.

If not. Let the vehicle cool down, open the coolant reservoir tank and radiator and fill with fresh water. See if its holding level. Start the engine and run the engine for few minutes, observe for any leaks. (You might want to move the vehicle from the place you filled water if you have spilled too much water while filling.)

If there are no leaks and temperature gauge is holding you can drive the car to the workshop.

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd November 2013 at 18:39.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 07:38   #6704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Can't he wait a couple of months and get the new Honda City in diesel ? If he still wants the Vento , the price can only go down after the Honda arrives !
Old 23rd November 2013, 18:41   #6705

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

Usually a mech will come from VW to check before sending tow.

EDIT: First check engine oil level after engine is cooled down. If ok then proceed to next.

If not. Let the vehicle cool down, open the coolant reservoir tank and radiator and fill with fresh water. See if its holding level. Start the engine and run the engine for few minutes, observe for any leaks. (You might want to move the vehicle from the place you filled water if you have spilled too much water while filling.)

If there are no leaks and temperature gauge is holding you can drive the car to the workshop.
Thanks Jaggu...This morning the car was taken to the nearest VW workshop by the VW guys by putting water in the coolant compartment. Once we reached the workshop and after waiting for 3 hours, thanks to the weekend rush, the car was taken inside for checking. The workshop manager at VW Apple Whitefield came and informed me that the car was connected to the VAS and its throwing up an error saying the engine is overheating and they need to send the error code to VW and they will direct them on the further course of action to be taken. He suspected that the Thermostat Valve must have gone bad but was not sure. If thats the case I have told him that its a mechanical failure and I want VW to bear the cost considering the car is out of warranty and has only 15500 kms on the ODO with the first service done in May. He told me that he will try to waive the charges as a goodwill gesture but has not promised anything. He said he will be calling me on Monday. Keeping my fingers crossed. Hope its not something major.

Do you guys think that VW should be taking care of the charges if it comes out to be a case of mechanical failure?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks