Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2013, 17:36   #6121
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

I would agree. Reducing the air pressure really improves the car's handling the bumps and speed breakers. In my car most of the time either its me alone or my wife with me. I have started getting the front filled to 32Psi and rears at 30Psi and this has certainly helped my cause.

I am not sure if it will harm the tyres but honestly I dont care about those JK Tyres anyways. But I have been maintaining these air presures for the last 6 months atleast and only when I foresee more load in the car or a highway run then I get 32 all around. I havent seen any impact to the tyres till now.
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 19:58   #6122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
@Joslix but the one i got says POLO.
Even mine says Vento / Polo. not sure why you got a polo manual. Just check the table of contents whether it is the same as per below pic. Although i presume it must be same for both.

Did you happen to speak to your dealer on this?
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-imag1135.jpg  

Old 2nd May 2013, 20:36   #6123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydave View Post
My biggest peeve with both the Vento and the Rapid. Has anybody found an aftermarket solution for this or something? Wish it had a sliding function at the least so that it would get out of the way of the hand brake
Many folks here had mentioned about this. The first two weeks I felt it to be uncomfortable, but not now. Now I feel at home with the arm rest. It has two stops, one that stands horizontal and one that goes a bit down. I use the later and is very comfortable even in short drives within the city. I am able to operate the hand brake as well with equal comfort.
Old 3rd May 2013, 10:39   #6124
BHPian

Fuel economy dropped after 2500 kms

Not sure whether its true for everybody. My new Vento was running 17-18 kmpl on my office commute. Once it was driven over 1000 kms, the fuel economy dropped to 16-17 kmpl. After I have driven 3000 kms, the fuel economy had dropped to 14-15 kmpl. Now the odo reads 4500 and the fuel economy stays at 14-15 kmpl. Anybody had seen this issue? Is this normal?
Old 3rd May 2013, 15:57   #6125
BHPian

Re: Fuel economy dropped after 2500 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
Not sure whether its true for everybody. My new Vento was running 17-18 kmpl on my office commute. Once it was driven over 1000 kms, the fuel economy dropped to 16-17 kmpl. After I have driven 3000 kms, the fuel economy had dropped to 14-15 kmpl. Now the odo reads 4500 and the fuel economy stays at 14-15 kmpl. Anybody had seen this issue? Is this normal?
My Vento TDI has an almost constant 14.6 kpml in the city. Have been monitoring this for the past 4 months. The car is just over a year old. And yes the mileage did drop over the first 2 or three months. I suppose that is the ECU caliberating itself to your driving style and accumalating miles. Remember, the average is really a running average and is actually calculated over the last X number of Kms. More knowledgeable members could update on what the value of X is.
Old 3rd May 2013, 18:53   #6126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If nothing else has gone wrong, then this is a classic case of Air Filter slowly choking. Check the filter and change it if it is dirty, else get it checked at the A.S.S.
Old 3rd May 2013, 20:35   #6127
BHPian

Quote:
Mine has done close to 3k kms, my mileage is stuck at late 15kmpl this time
Old 3rd May 2013, 20:47   #6128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merril View Post
I suppose that is the ECU caliberating itself to your driving style and accumalating miles. Remember, the average is really a running average and is actually calculated over the last X number of Kms. More knowledgeable members could update on what the value of X is.
I am looking at the meter 1, which is for that trip, say office commute. My overall mileage is shown in meter 2, which anyway is in line with trip 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
If nothing else has gone wrong, then this is a classic case of Air Filter slowly choking. Check the filter and change it if it is dirty, else get it checked at the A.S.S.
I spoke to the Service guy, who didn't say anything about the filter. But he indeed asked me to bring the car so that he can check.

Last edited by Crank : 3rd May 2013 at 20:49. Reason: Merging replies
Old 4th May 2013, 10:53   #6129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merril View Post
My Vento TDI has an almost constant 14.6 kpml in the city. Have been monitoring this for the past 4 months. The car is just over a year old. And yes the mileage did drop over the first 2 or three months. I suppose that is the ECU caliberating itself to your driving style and accumalating miles. Remember, the average is really a running average and is actually calculated over the last X number of Kms. More knowledgeable members could update on what the value of X is.
After 15k kms, my car pretty much returns 15 kmpl steady. I have meticulous fuel logs for my car.

Quote:
I am looking at the meter 1, which is for that trip, say office commute. My overall mileage is shown in meter 2, which anyway is in line with trip 1.

I spoke to the Service guy, who didn't say anything about the filter. But he indeed asked me to bring the car so that he can check.
You'll be surprised how dirty the filters get.
here's the pic
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3112301

Cheers
Sid
siddharthdeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2013, 09:21   #6130
BHPian

Is the vento also coming with the 1.2L TSi unit mated to a 7 speed DSG gearbox like its younger sibling polo? If yes, then by when should we expect it? Thanks.
Old 5th May 2013, 11:26   #6131
BHPian

2 years and 2 months, the battery finally gave up this morning. Well as compared to my old Swift this seems a little less, but then I called up some friends of mine, who own Vento and likewise (Linea etc). Their experience is that most of the new aged sedan's batteries lasts not more than 2.5 years.

Well, it is what it is, I need to get the battery replaced now. What would the punters here recommend me Exide? or go ahead with whatever the company offers. I am not sure which battery is there in the car right now
Old 5th May 2013, 11:41   #6132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu
2 years and 2 months, the battery finally gave up this morning. Well as compared to my old Swift this seems a little less, but then I called up some friends of mine, who own Vento and likewise (Linea etc). Their experience is that most of the new aged sedan's batteries lasts not more than 2.5 years.

Well, it is what it is, I need to get the battery replaced now. What would the punters here recommend me Exide? or go ahead with whatever the company offers. I am not sure which battery is there in the car right now
That's quite fast for the battery to be replaced. My Vento is 2 years 5 months and on reading your post seems like my wallet is going to get lighter any moment by a few thousands. The swift battery costs about 10000INR and how much is the Vento TDi battery costing? Please update on which brand you plan to install along with the price. My car has clocked only 25000 kms.
Old 5th May 2013, 11:57   #6133
BHPian

I would avoid Exide like plague.
I do not know about the Vento Battery. But My swift had Exide, which failed 2 months after the warranty. I have a CBR (250), and countless owners have reported sudden failure of their batteries (wanna guess which brand?).
From what I have read and understood, Amaron one of the best batteries you can get in this country.
allajunaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2013, 12:26   #6134
BHPian

My Innova had exide battery and it failed last month after 3years & 3months. It was replaced with amaron supposed to be better than exide,it cost me 5k. I guess for the Vento you could go in for amaron.

EDIT:My innova had Exide as stock battery.
Shanksta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2013, 12:27   #6135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post

That's quite fast for the battery to be replaced. My Vento is 2 years 5 months and on reading your post seems like my wallet is going to get lighter any moment by a few thousands. The swift battery costs about 10000INR and how much is the Vento TDi battery costing? Please update on which brand you plan to install along with the price. My car has clocked only 25000 kms.
I remember somebody else also on this forum reported his battery died in about 2 years. Anyways I will go to the service center tomorrow, first will check for any earthing and leakages, and then would get a new battery. I suppose it should cost me close to 8.5-9k INR

Also a suspect in the crime is the new relay and headlights. I got them replaced about a month back. The relays and headlights are original Philips, so many people here got the same things, so I guess it shouldn't be a problem.

But had no problem. Also if the relay would have been an issue, it would have drained the car battery much before a month....

Just gave the car for a battery replacement. The OEM stock battery that the vento comes with is Exide.

They are first going to check the electrical system for any earthing and then replace the battery, the total damages including the installation etc would come to 7.8k.

Decided to go ahead with the stock battery as in case of any warranty claims later on the new battery I won't have to go running behind individual dealers. Icing on the cake the service center is on my way to work.

Last edited by GTO : 6th May 2013 at 15:58. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!

Most Viewed