Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2013, 12:12   #6016
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
How many speakers in the stock form? Have they started including the tweeters at the least?

my suggestion would be to put up with it and live with it.
No changes. He mentioned casually that they upgraded the ICE with features, but, there is some cost cutting in the make and/or speakers etc.. I know some times SA's say what they feel, so, not sure if there is any truth to it; unless iFixit comes up with something! But, I wanted to know what is the make of these speakers or which company manufactured it ? did a quick search, but couldn't find any answer.

thanks. sure, that is why it is a temporary fix, it will eventually go away. For now, living with this flooring is another pain.
Old 14th April 2013, 16:31   #6017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Been a little more than 2 years now. And 52,000 km on the ODO. I have been using 3D kagu mats. They work brilliantly to protect the carpet. Every three months I send the car for interior car spa. They wash with some dry foam. Including the carpets. This way you can enjoy the lively carpet as well, plus protect it...
Does anyone know where in Mumbai one can get these mats ?
Old 14th April 2013, 16:49   #6018
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikilbhatkar View Post
Does anyone know where in Mumbai one can get these mats ?
Use the search function buddy

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2013, 16:53   #6019
BHPian

yes the 3d kagu mats work really well.
even i was informed that the speakers now are Made in India, do not have the same quality as the previous (pre Feb 2013 cars). A fact which was verified by me and a friend and Vento owner a few days back. While the old system (RCD310+ speakers) is not that great sounding, the RCD320+ speakers combo is even worse. They feel tinnier and weaker than the old one.
Old 14th April 2013, 19:43   #6020
BHPian

Went on a 500kms+ drive in my new Vento TDI HL today.Few observations/queries

*High speed stability and cornering are brilliant.Took the car till 140 a number of times-very calm and composed.The car masks speed very well.
*Very tractable engine.Gear ratios are spot on.From 55kmph onwards,one can slot into the fifth gear and simply forget it.Very useful since that is usually the minimum speed we do on NHs.In contrast,slot my Cruze into fifth anytime before 80kmph and it takes a while for the turbo to spool.Very annoying until you get used to it.Ofcourse,what happens after the turbo spools is a different story altogether!!
*Amazing F.E-MID showed 22kmpl.I have more than a quarter tank of fuel left and I have already done 700+kms.
*Steering feel is pathetic.I was initially very nervous at high speeds.I am much more confident now.In contrast I have never felt nervous with Cruze's steering at any speed.
*Very good brakes!!But both the brake and accelarator pedals are hard to use!!
*High speed ride is a bit hard at 33psi.I am running stock Apollos filled with Nitrogen.Wondering if I should bring the pressure down to 32psi.Any suggestions??
*A/C couldn't cope up in peak Chennai heat.Atleast the Auto mode was ineffective for rear passengers.They started sweating after a while.It was better when we cranked up the fan speed,but still not good enough.Chennai BHPians-your views??
*The car is pretty adequately powered.But it is no torque monster.Floor the accelarator at 110kmph and engine noise intrudes into the cabin.That is a downer.But if one accelarates gently,the car is pretty silent.I personally feel it is tough to keep up with the big boys(Jetta,Cruze,320D etc).But I am pretty pleased with the power the car produces.
*I'm very particular about the driver seat position and I still haven't found the perfect one.
*The bluetooth feature is nice,but the stock music system is pathetic!!Period.
*I didn't spot even a SINGLE Vento on road.But so many Vernas flying left and right!!WHY??

Since I am going to be using this car a lot,I am very happy.It is a very good substitute for the Cruze.

Cheers

Last edited by KINI : 14th April 2013 at 19:57.
KINI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2013, 20:09   #6021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
High speed stability and cornering are brilliant.
+1 to that. High speed ride always brings smiles on Vento owners. Must have feature in a car, I say .

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
*I didn't spot even a SINGLE Vento on road.But so many Vernas flying left and right!!WHY??
In contrast, I only see Vento's on roads and nothing else .
Old 15th April 2013, 12:09   #6022
Senior - BHPian

Hello Guys,

I am posting this on behalf of a friend who got the Vento TDI HL Jan 2013 manufactured car. He has a few queries and i am putting them here :

1. In the Vento there is no temperature guage, so how would one know if the car has over heated?

2. His car has a BT inbuilt into the RCD320 system but he is not aware where the mic is placed. Can someone guide with a pic of the mic?

3. Someone told him that the key for the Vento costs 20k+ if lost. is it really true? Does the key replacement cost that much? Or thats the cost of the entire lock system of the car?

Thanks.

Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 15th April 2013 at 12:10. Reason: TYPO
Old 15th April 2013, 14:51   #6023
BHPian

Guys,

Finally I have upgraded my Vento tyres to CPC-2, I have posted details and pics in my thread.
TopSpeeder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 15:30   #6024
BHPian

Got the Shark Fin antennae installed on the Vento
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_20130415_143527.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_20130415_143451.jpg  

speed kills is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 16:46   #6025
Senior - BHPian

Have any Highline owners replaced / know the price of the 3-part air-dam black plastic with the chrome lining? I would like to know how much it would cost to upgrade those plastics from Comfortline to Highline. The chrome lining is sorely missed in the lower variants.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_5383.jpg
Old 15th April 2013, 17:47   #6026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed kills View Post
Got the Shark Fin antennae installed on the Vento
Excellent!
Details please? Cost, Shop etc.
Old 15th April 2013, 17:55   #6027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Excellent!
Details please? Cost, Shop etc.
Got the antennae from VW.

They fixed it for me too.

The cost lies in you're inbox
Old 15th April 2013, 23:56   #6028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed kills View Post

Got the antennae from VW.

They fixed it for me too.

The cost lies in you're inbox
Could you PM me the cost too
Old 16th April 2013, 12:54   #6029
Senior - BHPian

Saw an Ad. in today's paper rearding a special edition of Vento. It had 7 spoke alloy wheels which looked cool (like the 7 spoke ones in earlier models)

So have they started rolling out Vento's with 7 spoke alloys ? ( odd number of spokes in alloys gives it a cooler look )
Old 16th April 2013, 13:11   #6030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
I noticed oil leakage from Front RHS. Its been a couple of days since i noticed this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASVA View Post
Were you able to zero-in on the source of the oil leak? Solution? pl keep us updated. could be of help to fellow Vento owners

Reagrds
Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Aniket any update, has the problem been resolved?
Hi Guys,

Finally got this leakage problem sorted out. It was coolant which was dripping

I could not believe when I saw that how a minor crack can lead to this issue. The coolant level went down alarmingly low and luckily at the right time I took the car to service center else I would have risked my engine.

There was a minor crack on the LHS of the radiator mount. But this appeared out of no where as there was no external impact.

First go throught the pics and then I will detail about how I struggled to get this done under warranty/goodwill (as VW says )

Story begins :
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-1.jpg

It hurts to see your car in this state :(
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-2.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-3a.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-3.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-4.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-5.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-6.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-7.jpg

Once it was decided that this crack is the reason for this coolant leakage, I was told to bear the repair/repalcement cost as this could not be covered under warranty. Upon argruing that this is not due to any impact or accident and I am not going to bear the cost, they took some snaps and sent a report to their office for the VW higher ups to decide and revert. Later the next day I got a call mentioning that claim has been rejected relating to my previous history of left side impact in Aug 12 when the intercooler and bumper was replaced. Then I spoke to VW CRM,
- Asked him how could this crack and leakage appear after 7-8months and about 8K of running? If the crack was created that time, then its VW's carelessness that they dint notice it and repair it that time.
- And if this is something new then, prove me that there has been an external impact as there is no sign of any damage on the bumper etc
- Or give me in writing that VW parts are so weak and low quality that in generic runs they develop such cracks.

Utimately, they asked for another days time and later came to me with another proposition that they we will give some discount on the repair cost. I immediately refused to this and after some discussions and total of 5 days they agreed to get this radiator mount replaced free of cost for me as a GOODWILL gesture. (Monday 8 Mar dropped the car for repair and got it back on 13 Mar Saturday)

Now came the day of delivery after repair. All is well and repaired. I was asked to pay some Rs. 1800 for consumables (coolant, distilled water) and some other works which I had requested.

Now while final inspection I notice that left hand side headlamp is protuding a bit towards its door side (RHS) end and was not aligned with the body frame. (do not have a pic here). The body shop guys took a quick look and said - there is dent in the fender which is why it is not aligned. Another bomb on their head coz when I had given the car there was no such dent. I told them - check your job card. If there had been this dent, it should be there on it.

During this discussion their Service Manager was on the floor and he made certain enquiries. Finally I was told that it will be recitified. They did correct the 99% of the dent and headlight was now aligned but then I noticed a new thing - the headlamp lock was cracked too. Another round of discussion.

Finally to cut the story short, they agreed to get all this repaired and corrected on my next visit as I was not in a position to leave the car again for few more days and it also did not really make sense to leave the car for body work which is too minor to be noticed. But they gave me in writing that these two issues will be dealt when I visit the service center next.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20130413_121535.jpg

All in all not too good an experience once again. But yes, now my beloved WIND is again up and running in its full glory. Will be driving to Mumbai this Saturday Hope to have a fun drive once again.

Learning for me - Since this leakage was on the passenger side, I did not notice the coolant level as its exactly the opposite end. I did check engine oil level but the coolant level went unnoticed. So, check everything possible as you dont know what impacts where.

Regards,
Aniket Tiwari
aniket.tiwari27 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks