Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2013, 00:33   #5851
BHPian

Friends about to book vento tdi highline tomorrow, I love the rich interiors and features on this car comparef to rapid. My question is has the latest 2013 vento have better nvh in cabin noise comparef to earlier ventos just to match up to what rapid has ? And in % terms how much more noise compared to rapid ? Yhats probably the only factor where I feel rapid beats vento - kindly advise
Old 13th March 2013, 13:39   #5852
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASVA View Post
Were you able to zero-in on the source of the oil leak? Solution? pl keep us updated. could be of help to fellow Vento owners

Reagrds
Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Aniket any update, has the problem been resolved?
After that night I even did a 650+kms (Pune-Parli Vaijnath-Pune) run during the last weekend but did not notice any oil leakage after I parked at the Hotel.

Also, for few days I even checked for this at my office parking too. Parked at abt 10am and left at 6pm. Still could not find any leakage.

But day before yest I found few drops when I was to start for ofc in the morning.

Hence, this is an intermittent problem and this leakage does not happen daily. Generally happens during the night only.

The service centre is good 30kms from my place and am caught up with quite a lot of work these days. Unable to find time to get it checked.

As soon as I get it checked, will keep the forum informed. Plan to do so as early as possible.

Another thing I noticed yesterday was - after parking the car and idling for about 1min before switching off, when I pulled out the keys and locked the car, I could still hear the fan. Is it normal coz this was the first time I noticed this happen after switching off the car, pulling out the keys and locking it out.?

Regards,
Aniket Tiwari

Last edited by aniket.tiwari27 : 13th March 2013 at 13:41. Reason: Spell Check
Old 13th March 2013, 16:17   #5853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
...Another thing I noticed yesterday was - after parking the car and idling for about 1min before switching off, when I pulled out the keys and locked the car, I could still hear the fan. Is it normal coz this was the first time I noticed this happen after switching off the car, pulling out the keys and locking it out.?....
I hear the same sound too after locking the car. Can someone confirm ?
Old 13th March 2013, 17:25   #5854
BHPian

This is normal for most modern cars.

If you have run a long distance, or used the AC in extreme hot weather (where it has to work extra hard), or you have indulged in or been forced to drive aggressively or your engine revs were high for long periods, your cooling fan will continue to run for a while after you switch off your ignition.

This is to cool down the engine, and is nothing to worry about.

It is also clearly mentioned in the manual.
pillainp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 23:24   #5855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
Friends about to book vento tdi highline tomorrow, I love the rich interiors and features on this car comparef to rapid. My question is has the latest 2013 vento have better nvh in cabin noise comparef to earlier ventos just to match up to what rapid has ? And in % terms how much more noise compared to rapid ? Yhats probably the only factor where I feel rapid beats vento - kindly advise
Good to see you again going in for a VW. I would still give my vote to Vento:
  • Vento looks more classy in comparison to Rapid.
  • Kind of love the red lighting to the green which went out of fashion long ago.
  • Vento & Rapid both are same car, NVH should be all the same.
  • Would trust VW Workshop more than that of Skoda reason, Skoda horror stories. KSM Motors in N.Mumbai does a good job at servicing.
  • VW has more snob value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
Another thing I noticed yesterday was - after parking the car and idling for about 1min before switching off, when I pulled out the keys and locked the car, I could still hear the fan. Is it normal coz this was the first time I noticed this happen after switching off the car, pulling out the keys and locking it out.?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
I hear the same sound too after locking the car. Can someone confirm ?
As mentioned by @pillainp, its absolutely normal. Cooling fan will keep running until the engine has cooled down to acceptable limit and would switch off by itself.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2013, 11:14   #5856
BHPian

Getting the headlights changed for my Vento today to Philips 100/90. Hang on for more reviews here.
Old 15th March 2013, 18:04   #5857
BHPian

Ventopians! Got myself a RCD 510 and swapped out my current 310. The swap was seamless as all connectors were common.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-image1297398836.jpg

For more see my ownership thread blue wind
newtonMeter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 19:21   #5858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Getting the headlights changed for my Vento today to Philips 100/90. Hang on for more reviews here.
Waiting for outcome
Old 16th March 2013, 17:49   #5859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Ventopians! Got myself a RCD 510 and swapped out my current 310. The swap was seamless as all connectors were common.

Attachment 1062712

For more see my ownership thread blue wind
That's one truly awesome upgrade newtonMeter.

Looked up your ownership thread for the details on the RCD 510 install and was so impressed with the detailed photography and explanation that I landed up reading your entire ownership thread.

Very well written and compiled thread with equally beautiful photos. What impressed me most was that you did everything yourself considering that these German cars can be complicated and very expensive to fix if something should go wrong. Kudos!

Would love to install this in my vento too . would appreciate your views/suggestions on the following points:

1) Does the RCD 510 support a reverse camera also and is it advisable to install it too? if yes, was considering buying the camera that is sold by VW along wit the navigation systems in the new Ventos.

2) After installing the RCD 510, are you able to pair ur phone via BT and use the phone button on the steering mounted controls?

3)Do we hv to install any other adapters/connectors or make any changes to make the reverse sensors and steering mounted controls to work with the rcd 510 or does everything work as normal?

Regards
ASVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
My sympathies. Trust me, I feel your pain.

The logos cost 1750/- each (3500/- for a set). VW has no intention of reducing the cost or making the logos theft-proof. Nor do they give free logos to customers as a goodwill gesture. You just have to live with this problem.
Thank you for the sympathies, noopster. The ASC guy quoted 750 for the front logo and 2300 for the rear logo! need to double-check.

I am yet so upset, have half a mind to drive the car without the logos. But every time I look at my car, it looks just so incomplete!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
I can feel the pain. Check in ebay.in for volkswagon logos.
You can get cheaper ones there which are glowing. Also confirm that this may not void warrenty if you are connecting a glowinf logo.
Thanks devil_klm. I like to retain the stock look of the Vento. Checked out a few glowing logos on the net, but for me, nothing matches the look of the stock logos.

Regards

Last edited by Eddy : 17th March 2013 at 13:19. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread. Thanks.
Old 17th March 2013, 16:48   #5860
BHPian

What I hear from Volkswagen Palace Cross Road, Bangalore is that the RCN 320 music system came only for some of the 2013 Ventos and now the music system is RCD 310 for the 2013 Ventos.

Is this really true ?.

Regards
Ravi.
Old 17th March 2013, 21:30   #5861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
I paid an additional 11K for Drive Assure & another 11K for EW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Please don't forget to add the zero depreciation shield - it's referred as "Drive Assure" package by B-A. The quote would go up by another 4-5k (net 2-2.5k for you), but considering the higher costs of spare parts of VW, this is a good investment.
Guys, is it good to go for the additional VW Drive Assure Elite at 14.3k? I'm confused whether this will ever be utilized for the initial years? Quoting the features (I guess) from another forum.

Quote:
Plan Description: Rim safeguard,Depreciation shield,Engine protector,Vehicle replacement advantage,Accident shield - Sum insured Rs:200000 per passenger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Well...the problem with defending a car you have purchased is that you sometimes get accused of being a fanboi
Sorry noops, I'm damn sure that I missed this post just because there was no pop-up as you should have typed this out from your mobile?

I'm not one who will defend my car plainly or even me for that matter. I am a self critic Libran to the core. If you have been following my posts keenly, I never supported the Beat since the day I bought it except for its' USPs - looks and low NVH. And ultimately I sold it within 8 months bearing a loss of close to a lac. And now I got the Micra and still did not support a Sunny buyer BHPian outright as I thought he was buying the Sunny for the wrong reasons. If he was clear of all the pros and cons of both the cars he considered and still he thought that single reverse lights were the only deal breaker, it would have made sense. Or if he had a unique requirement like frequent reversing in dark tight spots, that would also had made more sense. Okay, that is more than about me. So this too is becoming like 'defending' myself? Self critic or self praising No, I was just trying to explain.

And I have not purchased the Vento. I was contemplating on it. Now it's most probably a D (read booked a P and shifted to a D) in-spite of the not so great NVH, jerky shifts and less running; we've decided for the more fun car. I din't feel the petrol any fun to drive, due to the lag we felt that it is no match for a Baleno replacement. And no logic whatsoever applies to this buy; just the coincidence of the half-price-offer on the Vento and that dad wanted to fulfill one of his dreams - owning a VW sedan. Cheers!
Old 17th March 2013, 21:43   #5862
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Guys, is it good to go for the additional VW Drive Assure Elite at 14.3k? I'm confused whether this will ever be utilized for the initial years? Quoting the features (I guess) from another forum.
You just quoted a 1.5 year old post of mine

Honestly speaking, it doesn't seem a good deal. I'm assuming the 14.3k is an additional amount over the comprehensive insurance quote.

From this post, I can see the key aspect of the Elite package is the Vehicle Replacement Advantage.
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-bagic-newstrack-march-2010.jpg

A good cover to have, but I don't think this is needed, considering the high cost it is coming at. A simpler zero dep (additional) cover should not cost you more than 5k over the comprehensive insurance.
Old 17th March 2013, 22:13   #5863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
You just quoted a 1.5 year old post of mine
Yeah, those were the two posts discussing the VW Drive Assure and so I thought you guys would be a better judge.

Quote:
Honestly speaking, it doesn't seem a good deal. I'm assuming the 14.3k is an additional amount over the comprehensive insurance quote.
True. The VW insurance comes close to 36k for the Comfortline and the 14.3k is on top of that.

Quote:
A simpler zero dep (additional) cover should not cost you more than 5k over the comprehensive insurance.
Reading through the nature of VW dealers elsewhere, I don't think my dealer would oblige for the 5k for a zero depreciation. Anyway, I'll try out. And thanks for sharing the information.

BTW, can someone help me on my earlier query? The major difference between the Comfortline and the Highline. I get a bit confused going by their site; or maybe that my laziness is confusing me
Old 18th March 2013, 13:12   #5864
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
I did a lot of research and the humming is due to the fuel pump motor. The moment you turn the ignition on the fuel motor cranks for 3 seconds to prime the fuel lines. (you could also see it if you keep the bonnet open and turn the key - you would see the fuel lines close to TDI cover moving as the diesel moves through them)

Once you start the engine, the motor is activated permanently.

as this is a electric motor, it has its own humming characteristics. As mine is not perfect, its humming a bit more. I am not sure if VW will listen to my complain and replace it for me.

The motor sits inside the fuel tank below the rear seat.

*all information is with help from the various service modules i downloaded from erwin earlier.
@newtonMeter, I am too noticing a faint humming noise similar to one you mention. How did you fix this issue? Let me know since I plan to take it to palace cross to get it checked.

-Sunil
Old 18th March 2013, 14:11   #5865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smekad View Post

@newtonMeter, I am too noticing a faint humming noise similar to one you mention. How did you fix this issue? Let me know since I plan to take it to palace cross to get it checked.

-Sunil
Not fixed yet, due for my 15k service next week. Will report and let you know

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks