Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2013, 19:31   #5821
BHPian

There seems to be certain problems with regards to the transmission in the Vento TDi. My friends highlife TDi stopped midway when he was on the highway and had to call the tow vehicle to take it to the service centre in chennai. On inspection the car had some injector issues and was rectified after a delay of 4-5 days and literally threatening them as the service center guys don't respond to you properly. The same issue I had with my Vento TDi 2 weeks back and it was lying in the service centre for about a week as they were not able to diagnose a problem. I was getting an amber colored light on display and the pick up had reduced. Sensing problems got the car back home and called up VW. The dealer said it as a minor issue and to drive the car slowly to its service centre which was about 10km from my home. They check the car for 1 full day god know what they did and handed the car back to me the next day. On covering 6km on my way back get the same sign. Drove back to the centre and gave my piece of mind to the guys there. All they say is sir we will get back to you! Later the SA calls me up and says issue with injector and some part has to be replaced which will cost 26k! I was shocked and was like sir this car has clocked only 22k kms and so fast an issue with the engine that too a VW. My warranty expired just a month back and had a discussion with him to replace under special request. Luckily he helped me out with the free replacement. But the car was stuck there for 1 full week and was lying on the road parked as their service centre is always loaded with cars.
Now what I fail to understand is after paying so much money for this brand is this what we get from VW? Can their car have these injector issues or whatsoever problems with engines at around 25k kms? Has anybody else faced this issue? I fill up my car at quality bunks known to me which are also recommended by other bhpians in chennai. Plus my car is max driven only on the highways. VW service is pathetic so I feel are their cars. Will definitely not buy a VW product again.

Mods: Kindly move this to the Vento TDi thread!

Last edited by zwift1819 : 2nd March 2013 at 19:32.
Old 2nd March 2013, 20:18   #5822
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

FYI, There is a post in the Polo thread with a member complaining about a faulty injector issue (and the dealers hapazhard treatment which doesnt come as a surprise) in his Vento TDI. I dont see anybody else having gone through this issue (no posts in the Vento thread) and hopefully this is a one off case. So thought will post this here.

Out of curiosity, if such a problem does occurs and oine does not have a warrenty coverage, wont the insurance cover the parts and repair cost ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
There seems to be certain problems with regards to the transmission in the Vento TDi. My friends highlife TDi stopped midway when he was on the highway and had to call the tow vehicle to take it to the service centre in chennai. On inspection the car had some injector issues and was rectified after a delay of 4-5 days and literally threatening them as the service center guys don't respond to you properly. The same issue I had with my Vento TDi 2 weeks back and it was lying in the service centre for about a week as they were not able to diagnose a problem. I was getting an amber colored light on display and the pick up had reduced. Sensing problems got the car back home and called up VW. The dealer said it as a minor issue and to drive the car slowly to its service centre which was about 10km from my home. They check the car for 1 full day god know what they did and handed the car back to me the next day. On covering 6km on my way back get the same sign. Drove back to the centre and gave my piece of mind to the guys there. All they say is sir we will get back to you! Later the SA calls me up and says issue with injector and some part has to be replaced which will cost 26k! I was shocked and was like sir this car has clocked only 22k kms and so fast an issue with the engine that too a VW. My warranty expired just a month back and had a discussion with him to replace under special request. Luckily he helped me out with the free replacement. But the car was stuck there for 1 full week and was lying on the road parked as their service centre is always loaded with cars.
Now what I fail to understand is after paying so much money for this brand is this what we get from VW? Can their car have these injector issues or whatsoever problems with engines at around 25k kms? Has anybody else faced this issue? I fill up my car at quality bunks known to me which are also recommended by other bhpians in chennai. Plus my car is max driven only on the highways. VW service is pathetic so I feel are their cars. Will definitely not buy a VW product again.

Mods: Kindly move this to the Vento TDi thread!
Old 2nd March 2013, 20:23   #5823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
FYI, There is a post in the Polo thread with a member complaining about a faulty injector issue (and the dealers hapazhard treatment which doesnt come as a surprise) in his Vento TDI. I dont see anybody else having gone through this issue (no posts in the Vento thread) and hopefully this is a one off case. So thought will post this here.

Out of curiosity, if such a problem does occurs and oine does not have a warrenty coverage, wont the insurance cover the parts and repair cost ?
Nope insurance wont cover manufacturing defects. If out of warranty we should pay out of pocket.
Old 2nd March 2013, 20:35   #5824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Insurance would cover only accidental damages or those which occur due to natural calamity like earthquake, floods etc. If it is a manufacturing defect it has to be covered under standard company warranty or the extended warranty. If both these warranties expire then the repair costs have to covered from our pockets.
Old 2nd March 2013, 23:26   #5825
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Leaving everything else, in both cases I don't see the car owner having extended warranty. All the more necessary for all VW car owners to get their's.
Old 3rd March 2013, 10:28   #5826
BHPian

Got my TDI's (may '12 make) first service done yesterday at Gurgaon. Total bill came out to be 11085/- (approx 2700 labour charges & rest consumables - filters, oil and balancing weights). This includes 1100/- towards balancing/alignment/rotation as well. There were no repairs/replacements indicated by VW for my VIN (checked it myself on VW's online system).

All in all the service experience was better than my last visit. It was good to see familiar SA & mechanics (at least since last 6 months).

The drive has improved significantly. I feel fuel & air filter must be replaced at 10k.15k is too long for Indian conditions.
Old 4th March 2013, 11:13   #5827
Senior - BHPian

I hate these multi-level parkings

Had a freak accident yesterday while reversing from one. Front bumber got entangled into something and it came out completely before I could realize what had happened! There are few huge scratches as well. Thankfully nothing was broken and there are no dents as well. Got it fixed with the help of parking attendant (though its not perfect fit on one side and one fog lamp casing is also not fit properly). Need to visit VW Whitefield now to get it fixed properly.

This got me thinking is the bumper not attached to the car with any screws? Any expert opinions. Also can I fix the bumper myself without going to the workshop (is it plug and play)? I am a bit apprehensive I might cause dents inadvertently.
Old 4th March 2013, 13:01   #5828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Need to visit VW Whitefield now to get it fixed properly.
Unless I'm sure or know someone personally there I don't visit VW Whitefield anyday incase of bodyworks/repairs. I never heard/had any good experience there even for small jobs, this is my view.

Just an example of service from VW Whitefield:
One of my friend gave his running Vento TDI car for service there, after the service the car not was starting for 3 days in workshop. Then they took more than a week to solve, finally someone from VW Pune need to visit and solve the issue in fuel injector.

Last edited by TopSpeeder : 4th March 2013 at 13:10.
Old 4th March 2013, 16:18   #5829
BHPian

Just renewed my insurance, as the Shadowfax embarks on the 3rd year journey. Th mileage on the ODO is 51,896 km. today is the second anniversary of my white stud. Paid INR 25,856/- for the premium with Drive assure economy pack (Bajaj Allianz). The premium is on higher side since I claimed insurance last year hence my no claim bonus is lapsed, as a lot of you here would know....

The last 2 years have been absolutely trouble free with Vento being our trustworthy ride to Mumbai, Pune, Goa, Kanyakumari, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Pondicherry, Ooty, Chikmanaglur, Shimoga, Belur-Haleibidu, Hampi, Gokarna, Dandeli. The car still gives its Korean counterparts a run for their money and the engine refinement is still like the one after the break-in / run-in period. Mine was the first lot Vento, so this means that it has an interior anti theft system in place, no steering mounted controls, no AUX/USB support for the stereo. It has the same blue / red stereo system, which I absolutely love for the appearance, in the night when the lights are on, the car just glows up like a Christmas tree (sorry Naveen, stole your words here). My daughter (13 months old) continuously tries to catch the small red window down buttons on the rear seat.

Found the shock absorber perfect for the city drive and very good for the highways, till date my Vento has not scraped a single speed breaker in any of the cities mentioned above and on the highway drive to those cities.

Got Yokohama A-Drives at 35,000 KM and the braking has improved tremendously after that, the tire noise is negligible now and there is absolutely no effect on the mileage of the car, atleast I am not able to find any.... The pain point though still is the headlights, during the night drives, the headlights have been a pain. still have to get the bulbs upgraded. I think will get it done before my next trip to Pune, even my Nano has better headlights than Vento, god knows what the engineers were smoking when they approved this.

The seat / interior color though on the lighter side, is not a pain to maintain, the point to be noted here is I have a 13 month old daughter so my back seat keeps getting dirty with milk stain marks etc often. A good interior cleaning at any car spa does the job wonderfully (with an additional request to not to use the silly polish on the dash board / plastics, that make them shine).

I have never opened the hood apart from the 3 regular services, not even to top up the windshield washer fluid. The windshield washer tank is pretty huge and it never runs dry, trust me when I say this, because I use the windshield washer very liberally.

Got wiper blades changed in the last service as they became pretty hard and were not doing a good job.

My unsolicited advice to other Vento owners:

- Get the tires upgraded as soon as the stock ones give up. The performance would improve by leap and bounds

- If you don't have the KAGU 3D Mats buy them right away, it surely protects your light colored carpet better than the other mats in the market

- The headlight bulbs are plain pathetic, get them upgraded right away

- The front doors squeek no matter what you do.

Last edited by evilshantanu : 4th March 2013 at 16:21.
evilshantanu is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 16:20   #5830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
Unless I'm sure or know someone personally there I don't visit VW Whitefield anyday incase of bodyworks/repairs. I never heard/had any good experience there even for small jobs, this is my view.

Just an example of service from VW Whitefield:
One of my friend gave his running Vento TDI car for service there, after the service the car not was starting for 3 days in workshop. Then they took more than a week to solve, finally someone from VW Pune need to visit and solve the issue in fuel injector.
I thought people were generally satisfied with VW Whitefield! I bought my car from them and had a pretty OK experience. Theres a thread also on VW Whitefield. Lets add our experiences there for others benefit.

Anyway dropped there today afternoon to get the bumper fixed. It was broken (from where it holds the bolts that screw it to car chasis). Also the front grill is broken. They recommended to get them replaced. Anyway, I asked them to just fix them as the damage isint so bad. The SA then called a service guy who fixed the bumper with screws and its as good as new again (only the ugly scratches remain). That'll do for now. He didnt open any job card and I was done in 15 mins. Pretty good I'd say. In 40 mins I was back at my desk in office

An interesting thing that happened while I was leaving was I wanted to pay a token amount to the guy who worked on the car for his service but he didnt accept it! This is in stark contrast to the guys at Capital Hyundai, Noida (where I was taking my i10 for service when I was in Noida). They always expected a 50/100 rupee baksheesh whenever my car went there!

Last edited by joslicx : 5th March 2013 at 16:21.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 17:04   #5831
BHPian

Quote:
I thought people were generally satisfied with VW Whitefield! I bought my car from them and had a pretty OK experience. Theres a thread also on VW Whitefield. Lets add our experiences there for others benefit.
Not at all satisfied with them. Infact I have sworn never to go there again. Detailed post coming up tomorrow...

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th August 2016 at 18:04. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 5th March 2013, 19:49   #5832
BHPian

Quote:

Completely agree. I have nothing but good things to say about them. Even recently for the MID issue that id previously reported on this thread they fixed it in fifteen mins flat. no charges and no fuss.
Old 5th March 2013, 20:47   #5833
BHPian

finally pepper grey officially added to vento on the vw website

http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/model...o/colours.html

and also SB to polo

Old 5th March 2013, 20:57   #5834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
finally pepper grey officially added to vento on the vw website

and also SB to polo

And it looks like they've stopped providing Red as an option for the Vento and Glacier Blue for the Polo.
Old 5th March 2013, 21:40   #5835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
And it looks like they've stopped providing Red as an option for the Vento and Glacier Blue for the Polo.

the brochure says the HL features

MIB-G Radio Standard (with USB, Aux In, Bluetooth and Smart phone remote app)

any idea what does this smartphone remote app means?

brochure updated too
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-screen-shot-20130305-9.36.34-pm.png

just got to know. MIB is Modularer Infotainment Baukasten

more info in the PDF attached
2010-MOST-Forum-p01-Audi-Keynote.pdf

Last edited by newtonMeter : 5th March 2013 at 21:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks