Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2012, 19:08   #5341
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd63 View Post
I must say that the update seems to be very good. Firstly the cold morning start does not seem to bother the engine and secondly the car does not have that speeding even when the foot is off the pedal, it slows down as it should. I wonder what the ECU controls? I am also miffed that the update wasn't done at the time of first annual service. Clearly palace cross better than downtown in Bangalore.
i just returned from Palace cross, they said there is nothing like software update:( they just connected the VAS and just ran a full diagnostic. nothing much. the version on ECU was some 9252. Did you see the updated SW ver on your car?
Old 27th October 2012, 19:22   #5342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter

i just returned from Palace cross, they said there is nothing like software update:( they just connected the VAS and just ran a full diagnostic. nothing much. the version on ECU was some 9252. Did you see the updated SW ver on your car?
@nM, yours being a newer car might already have the update. For us with the first model, all our ECUs were updated during first/second service.
Old 28th October 2012, 09:11   #5343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter

VW are not very open. I kept mentioning the engine jerkiness on cold mornings but they kept mentioning to idle the engine for few mins etc. Now after the supposed update the problem is solved. The service centres take the money but not interested to address any specific problems apart from fobbing you off. VW will struggle if this is the after sales support that is on offer.
Old 31st October 2012, 13:42   #5344
BHPian

Blr Guys,
I heard VW DownTown, Blr it closed? Is it temp?. Could someone confirm this?
Looks like PlaceCross is the only option for Blr.
Old 31st October 2012, 16:22   #5345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
VW Whitefield was supposed to start soon. They have also moved to a newly constructed (and much bigger) facility.

By the way I have a question. Was going thru the foglamps thread and wondered if Vento has rear fog lamps. If it has, then how do they work? I dont see any switch or button to switch them on.
Old 31st October 2012, 16:32   #5346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx

By the way I have a question. Was going thru the foglamps thread and wondered if Vento has rear fog lamps. If it has, then how do they work? I dont see any switch or button to switch them on.
Just pull the head light control knob twice to turn on the rear fog lamps. Pulling it once turns on the front fog lamps.

Last edited by Vikas Arora : 31st October 2012 at 16:41.
Vikas Arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 21:36   #5347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
In Polo (HL) there is only one fog lamp at the rear (like the reverse lamp) and guess would be the same in Vento too.

Cheers!
Old 31st October 2012, 21:39   #5348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
In Polo (HL) there is only one fog lamp at the rear (like the reverse lamp) and guess would be the same in Vento too.

Cheers!
Yes in Vento too there is only one fog lamp at the rear. Checked it today as per instructions from Vikas Arora above. I think the other lamp is a reversing lamp. Others can correct me if I am wrong.
Old 31st October 2012, 23:24   #5349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx

Yes in Vento too there is only one fog lamp at the rear. Checked it today as per instructions from Vikas Arora above. I think the other lamp is a reversing lamp. Others can correct me if I am wrong.
As far as I remember there are two rear fog lamps - on one side white lamp turns on and on the other side parking lamp becomes brighter. I don't remember the exact sides (left/right)
Old 1st November 2012, 06:06   #5350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikas Arora

As far as I remember there are two rear fog lamps - on one side white lamp turns on and on the other side parking lamp becomes brighter. I don't remember the exact sides (left/right)
I checked it just now - just the right side is fog lamp and left side is reverse lamp. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 1st November 2012, 18:09   #5351
BHPian

Quote:
Blr Guys,
I heard VW DownTown, Blr it closed? Is it temp?. Could someone confirm this?
Where did you hear it? I am talking to them and would like to know about it before closing the deal.
Old 1st November 2012, 21:45   #5352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnredkar View Post
Where did you hear it? I am talking to them and would like to know about it before closing the deal.
One of my friend who went to give the car for service in PalaceCross told me this. But I'm not sure how far this is true that's the reason I have asked if anyone has info on this.
It might be related to only service center, but I'm not sure. If possible you could check with them and update us here.
Old 1st November 2012, 23:07   #5353
BHPian

Quote:
If possible you could check with them and update us here.
I would be visiting them this Saturday. I will try to find out more and update this thread then. Meanwhile anyone else having more information, please update us.
Old 2nd November 2012, 10:00   #5354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnredkar View Post
I would be visiting them this Saturday. I will try to find out more and update this thread then. Meanwhile anyone else having more information, please update us.
You would be advised to see this thread so that you are aware of how VW Downtown Bangalore goes on with their business and the condition of their workshop --

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2945943

Make a decision considering all of this so that you dont regret later like some other BHPians have had to do!
Old 3rd November 2012, 15:48   #5355
BHPian

Just this morning was standing out, while the Vento was being reversed. Normally being a new car I drive. Noticed that only one reversing lamp was on. Does it have one reversing lamp and one rear fog lamp?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks