Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2012, 07:32   #5191
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

I have a white and i do not think it is metallic. Plus Blue looks awesome anyway "joslicx", silver is more of a colour that you can abuse, it tolerates more dirt before complaining
Old 14th September 2012, 07:47   #5192
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen plans compact sedan for India.

Quote:
Volkswagen Group's chief representative for India, said Europe's largest carmaker is actively considering sub-4 metre sedans
News for the Polo 1.5TDI

Quote:
group is developing a 1.5 litre diesel engine to be used across various models of Volkswagen and Skoda including Polo, Fabia, Vento and Rapid, instead of using multiple 1.6-litre and 1.2-litre engines.
Not good news for the UP strategy in India!

Quote:
Up! platform is still under study and it will take two to three years for the product to hit the market
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/16391147.cms

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th September 2012 at 07:51.
Old 15th September 2012, 11:27   #5193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
well if you are going for the new model with darkened headlamps they would look awesome on the silver. We have two Ventos in red in my office and have to say its not as appealing on Vento unless you do some mods (by the way the Rapid looks awesome in red! I cant understand why it is so).

I think Silver looks quite good on Vento. If I can go back in time I wud buy the Vento in Silver. My blue is such a nightmare to maintain.
Very right ! Umm buddy wanna exchange your blue with my silver ?
When I booked my vento in Sept'10 the blue was not there, finally when I got delivery of my car in Mar'11 ( those were the days when VW used to Lord over ones mind and soul such was the fantastic experience!! We had therapy threads on this forum to prevent nervous breakdown ) the blue was just getting launched and the dealer had mentioned that if I wanted the blue I would have to wait another 3-4 months so I didn't opt for it which I rue to this day.
Silver is a low maintenance colour hiding scratches , rubs but the vento blue has to be the regal colour .
Old 15th September 2012, 13:54   #5194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
well if you are going for the new model with darkened headlamps they would look awesome on the silver. We have two Ventos in red in my office and have to say its not as appealing on Vento unless you do some mods (by the way the Rapid looks awesome in red! I cant understand why it is so).

I think Silver looks quite good on Vento. If I can go back in time I wud buy the Vento in Silver. My blue is such a nightmare to maintain.
Finally I have zeroed on Flash Red colour in Vento and booked it yesterday. My family have favoured on red than silver. I'm ok with Red as silver looks sober, but my mind is still lingering around whether is ok to continue the RED saga as I own a red swift now and a red santro(sold) before that . . .
Old 16th September 2012, 00:14   #5195
Senior - BHPian

Roger that!

One of my main grouses till day has been the choice of colours on the vento. The current one's with the exception of blue are just too common and boring.

I wish they had the Maroon from the superb and the pepper grey from the Polo, vento can carry those shades really well...

Another opportunity lost for VW with this upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
The vento blue has to be the regal colour .
Old 16th September 2012, 00:39   #5196
Distinguished - BHPian

Bit of old news, but anyway posting it here. @mikon and I got a chance to have a look at the "new" Vento. After all the hooplah, finally the changes boil down to
- Headlamps in black finish
- Lake-Side Alloys
- Navigation kit with reverse camera (optional I believe)
- No Bluetooth

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 2996
Size:  26.2 KB
Pune (PMC) based prices for the diesel

Overall, nothing great added to the car. Wonder how much money did they waste in all that PR blitz. Didn't ask about the discounts on these, but I guess only corporate discount would be given. Factor in the actual market value of the insurance quote, and the price should go down by another 10k atleast. Also the extended warranty comes at a price tag of 11,634 INR.
ninjatalli is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2012, 01:39   #5197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
Blue looks awesome anyway "joslicx",

That is broadly true if the blue is nicely clean and shining, just after a detailing session. Believe me, a 10 min drive in Bangalore and it is all dusty again! And if it rains, muddy as well.

It has so happened every time I have detailed the car (wash, wipe and QD) it rained in the evening and I had mud spots again all over! My bad luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Very right ! Umm buddy wanna exchange your blue with my silver ?
When I booked my vento in Sept'10 the blue was not there, finally when I got delivery of my car in Mar'11 ( those were the days when VW used to Lord over ones mind and soul such was the fantastic experience!! We had therapy threads on this forum to prevent nervous breakdown ) the blue was just getting launched and the dealer had mentioned that if I wanted the blue I would have to wait another 3-4 months so I didn't opt for it which I rue to this day.
Silver is a low maintenance colour hiding scratches , rubs but the vento blue has to be the regal colour .
Lets discuss an exchange when I decide to sell

I kind of agree with bala80. Vento needs more attractive colors like the maroon or titanium or even an exotic green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu View Post
Finally I have zeroed on Flash Red colour in Vento and booked it yesterday. My family have favoured on red than silver. I'm ok with Red as silver looks sober, but my mind is still lingering around whether is ok to continue the RED saga as I own a red swift now and a red santro(sold) before that . . .
Congrats prabhu.

You and I seem to have one thing in common - in my case all my cars have been Blue!!! first a blue Alto (replaced by a blue Brio) then a blue i10 and now a blue Vento. Enjoy the red Vento and there is one smoking hot red Vento in the ownership threads that you can refer to for any cosmetic/functional mods if you so plan.

Last edited by joslicx : 16th September 2012 at 01:40.
Old 16th September 2012, 07:34   #5198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
- No Bluetooth
@Ninja
Correction - The Garmin 2565LM navigation kit has bluetooth integrated.
Here's from the Garmin website
http://www.garmin.co.in/products/ont...ia/#featureTab

Make Hands-free Calls

For hands-free calling, nüvi 2565LM integrates Bluetooth® wireless technology with a built-in microphone and speaker. Just pair it with your compatible Bluetooth phone and talk hands-free through the 2565 while staying focused on the road. Simply dial numbers with its touchscreen keypad to make a call. To answer calls, just tap the screen and speak into its built-in microphone. Enjoy convenient one-touch dialing for contacts and points of interest.

Here are the on road Mumbai prices old and new
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-vento.jpg  

Last edited by surd_biker : 16th September 2012 at 07:45.
Old 16th September 2012, 12:15   #5199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Wonder how much money did they waste in all that PR blitz.
The "shivering" print ad alone cost Rs. 7 crore, as per CNBC-TV18
Old 17th September 2012, 00:39   #5200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyaanveshi View Post
The "shivering" print ad alone cost Rs. 7 crore, as per CNBC-TV18
That's rounding off error considering that VW AG had a net profit of net profit of US$ 6.83 for the April-June qrtr
Old 17th September 2012, 07:35   #5201
BHPian

Shadowfax back on last froday, did a road trip to Mysore on the weekend. Detailed post with photographs coming soon on the resurrection of hadowfax
evilshantanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 22:17   #5202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Shadowfax back on last froday, did a road trip to Mysore on the weekend. Detailed post with photographs coming soon on the resurrection of hadowfax
Great news Mr Singh , can't wait to see the resurrected shadowfax ! The work would also help us see for ourselves the quality of A.S.S of VW
Old 20th September 2012, 13:45   #5203
BHPian

Guys, I want to buy Kagu 3D mats for my Vento in Chennai. The shop in Anna nagar does not have it. Is there any other place where I can get it from?
Old 20th September 2012, 14:07   #5204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
Guys, I want to buy Kagu 3D mats for my Vento in Chennai. The shop in Anna nagar does not have it. Is there any other place where I can get it from?
Try www.carstudio.com its a shop in Bangalore, but they will ship it
Old 21st September 2012, 11:25   #5205
BHPian

Mods: sorry, a lot of people were interested in following this, hence posting the link in this thread

The Shadowfax resurrects!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2910297

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks