Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2012, 12:15   #5056
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Well I still believe that Vento is a good diesel car. As far as the Service cost is concerned, I know a Honda City owner who has to shell out approximately 7K every service of Honda, plus the services are prescribed at 5K intervals, as compared to Vento the service is at 15K intervals, the difference in the cost of petrol and Diesel in india is approximately 30 Rs, Well I dont think that taking all these factors in mind your Vento is costing you more than the Honda City, now if your daily mileage / Yearly mileage on the vento is low and you are not able to cover the cost difference between the Petrol and Diesel then I guess my friend, you should have bought a Petrol car in that case....
+1 to that. I own both Honda City & Vento TDI. Believe me Honda's 5K/6M service interval is a big pain and every service will not cost less than 5k (2K oil cost + 600 balancing/alignment etc + 700 service cost + 1K filter/consumable etc). You will have to stick to this schedule till the car is under warranty. My Vento's service is till 11K or 10 months away and if i compare it to my Honda that's a big relief.

Honda City's mileage is about 12 kmpl and Vento's is about 16kmpl in the city. Just combine the savings in fuel & service costs then it wont be surprising if Vento turns out to be cheaper in the longer run.
Vikas Arora is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2012, 18:29   #5057
BHPian

Wait a minute guys.... No need to get repulsive.
I am a big fan of capital "VW" myself.
Those were just concerns of a guy owning both the cars.
It is not like he is regretting his decision for Vento, let me tell you he is more than happy while driving the car. He is all praises for it's sheer driving and the torque effect!
Old 31st August 2012, 19:13   #5058
BHPian

Vento 1.6 TDI OIL SPEC

Can some one please post on the forum the spec of the Engine oil on the 1.6 TDI.

Does anyone have some picture/videos on topping up the engine oil on the Vento.

Does the *** charge you for topping up the engine oil ?
Old 1st September 2012, 10:29   #5059
Senior - BHPian

Re: Vento 1.6 TDI OIL SPEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
Can some one please post on the forum the spec of the Engine oil on the 1.6 TDI.

Does anyone have some picture/videos on topping up the engine oil on the Vento.

Castrol B4-5W-40 Magnatec professional is the engine oil thats used . The workshop will surely charge you for the oil ( 850 - 900 /ltr) and given that its VW labour would also be charged
Old 1st September 2012, 10:52   #5060
Distinguished - BHPian

OT point - few of my TBHP stickers (which I always keep in my glovebox) have been "stolen" by BU Bhandari. Should I file an FIR? Or raise a complaint with VW?

P.s. My car has been to the workshop several times, till now, they have never been touched. But last time the SA and other workshop guys had queried me about the stickers (stuck) on my car, and what is TBHP, and so on. Probably one of them thought they'll borrow one my extra stickers. Aw, shucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
Oil details are the same as given by Sourav. Btw, they didn't charge me for (labor charges for) the top-up last time, when I went for the general checkup. Ideally they should do it for free for you too! Also, you might get the oil at a discount outside, do check it up if you have the bandwidth.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 1st September 2012 at 10:57. Reason: reply to @sandeep3in added
Old 1st September 2012, 12:11   #5061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
OT point - few of my TBHP stickers (which I always keep in my glovebox) have been "stolen" by BU Bhandari. Should I file an FIR? Or raise a complaint with VW?

P.s. My car has been to the workshop several times, till now, they have never been touched. But last time the SA and other workshop guys had queried me about the stickers (stuck) on my car, and what is TBHP, and so on. Probably one of them thought they'll borrow one my extra stickers. Aw, shucks!
It takes time for the temptation to breach the threshold levels of self control I guess thats there way of striking back at TBHP for sending back a well informed customer to their workshop

Quote:
Oil details are the same as given by Sourav. Btw, they didn't charge me for (labor charges for) the top-up last time, when I went for the general checkup. Ideally they should do it for free for you too! Also, you might get the oil at a discount outside, do check it up if you have the bandwidth.
Well , I was a big advocate of sourcing it from outside but guess what - one can't buy Castrol magnatec 5W-40 from the open market , Castrol has replaced it with Edge . Its not even there on castrol India's website. VW workshops though continue to have supplies , i specifically asked them during my service a few weeks back and they confirmed.The scene is that one has to go to the workshop for top-ups if one uses Castrol Magnatec .
Could you please check at Pune ? More so since you have someone right at home from that industry If you can pick up a few litres of magnatec 5W-40 , I will also request you to get a couple of litres for me - going to the workshop for top-ups is a waste of time

Last edited by souravc : 1st September 2012 at 12:14. Reason: inserted a comment
Old 1st September 2012, 12:45   #5062
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc
Well , I was a big advocate of sourcing it from outside but guess what - one can't buy Castrol magnatec 5W-40 from the open market , Castrol has replaced it with Edge . Its not even there on castrol India's website. VW workshops though continue to have supplies , i specifically asked them during my service a few weeks back and they confirmed.The scene is that one has to go to the workshop for top-ups if one uses Castrol Magnatec .
Could you please check at Pune ? More so since you have someone right at home from that industry If you can pick up a few litres of magnatec 5W-40 , I will also request you to get a couple of litres for me - going to the workshop for top-ups is a waste of time
Lol. What a co-incidence, only a few weeks back I was discussing if we could resource this oil ourself, at a cheaper rate (distributor rate maybe). Didn't know it wasnt available outside. Will check and revert.
Old 1st September 2012, 13:34   #5063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Castrol B4-5W-40 Magnatec professional is the engine oil thats used .
Was Castrol Magnatec recommended for the earlier Ventos? Mine is a July, 2012 model and have received a placard with the owners manual that clearly states "VW recommends Castrol EDGE professional" so am a bit confused as the oil level has started dropping already and would require a top up soon for which i dont want to visit the A.S.S.

Checked with my buddy who has a Rapid and on his owner manual cover also its attached "Skoda recommends Castrol EDGE professional".

Last edited by coolboy007 : 1st September 2012 at 13:58.
Old 1st September 2012, 13:42   #5064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lol. What a co-incidence, only a few weeks back I was discussing if we could resource this oil ourself, at a cheaper rate (distributor rate maybe). Didn't know it wasnt available outside. Will check and revert.
The reason why it is not available outside is because its an OEM oil sold by Castrol directly to car manufacturers, which enables them to make higher profits. Win-Win situation for both parties, while customer has no option, other then to buy from workshop.
Old 1st September 2012, 16:17   #5065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Was Castrol Magnatec recommended for the earlier Ventos? Mine is a July, 2012 model and have received a placard with the owners manual that clearly states "VW recommends Castrol EDGE professional" so am a bit confused as the oil level has started dropping already and would require a top up soon for which i dont want to visit the A.S.S.

Checked with my buddy who has a Rapid and on his owner manual cover also its attached "Skoda recommends Castrol EDGE professional".
If they move to Castrol Edge its great ! Just my issue here is that when I got my car serviced here (2nd service) because of this issue only I asked the workshop about which oil they used and the SA replied Castrol Magnatec . If they used Magnatec, I can't use Edge to top up - its a very silly situation and really puts me off !
Maybe a feedback to all Vento owners that please ask the workshop to use only Castrol EDGE engine oil during servicing so that top-ups can be managed on your own
Old 1st September 2012, 19:25   #5066
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If they move to Castrol Edge its great ! Just my issue here is that when I got my car serviced here (2nd service) because of this issue only I asked the workshop about which oil they used and the SA replied Castrol Magnatec . If they used Magnatec, I can't use Edge to top up - its a very silly situation and really puts me off !
Maybe a feedback to all Vento owners that please ask the workshop to use only Castrol EDGE engine oil during servicing so that top-ups can be managed on your own
Umm, spoke to someone within Castrol - Edge Professional is now the recommended oil for Vento. And like your case, even my top-up last month was done with Magnatec!

On an aside note, apparently Castrol Edge is available via retail outlets, while it's Edge Professional that is being used in the workshops. Anybody have an idea on the difference?

Last edited by ninjatalli : 1st September 2012 at 19:26.
Old 1st September 2012, 19:32   #5067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Umm, spoke to someone within Castrol - Edge Professional is now the recommended oil for Vento. And like your case, even my top-up last month was done with Magnatec!

On an aside note, apparently Castrol Edge is available via retail outlets, while it's Edge Professional that is being used in the workshops. Anybody have an idea on the difference?
There you go , all that you wanted to know Exclusive to manufacturer workshop!
Elaborate rip-off , my biggest issue is that I have to then visit the workshop for top-ups ..complete nonsense!
Old 1st September 2012, 19:39   #5068
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There you go , all that you wanted to know Exclusive to manufacturer workshop!
Elaborate rip-off , my biggest issue is that I have to then visit the workshop for top-ups ..complete nonsense!
lol. If you are interested, I can give you quite a few titbits on this aspect.

For e.g. like VW, even Tata has Castrol as recommended oil for Manza (Manza owners, confirm please?). Apparently quite a few Nano owners had raised requests to Tata on why their cars weren't being considered for the same oil

On a serious note, let me get back to you (guys) on this matter. Will try to get people on the retail (sales) team to get the exact idea. Have a few contacts there too, hopefully they won't beat around the bush and give the exact info

Edit: 999 up! 1 to go!
Old 1st September 2012, 19:43   #5069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have a few contacts there too, hopefully they won't beat around the bush and give the exact info

Edit: 999 up! 1 to go!
I Know ! I Know ! Reply fast and graduate to senior BHP-ian
I also know that you are extremely well connected and am banking heavily on you to get 3-4 litres of Magnatec professional I hate VW workshops
Next time onwards , i will try some jugad at the workshop and go back to Mobil 1 again
Btw, today I buried 2 of my C - drives , putting up an update on my thread shortly

Last edited by souravc : 1st September 2012 at 19:44.
Old 1st September 2012, 20:56   #5070
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc
I Know ! I Know ! Reply fast and graduate to senior BHP-ian
And here it is

Quote:
I also know that you are extremely well connected and am banking heavily on you to get 3-4 litres of Magnatec professional I hate VW workshops
lol. Na Na, Just castrol.
As for the oil, will try for sure. Let me also get back to you on that.

Quote:
Btw, today I buried 2 of my C - drives , putting up an update on my thread shortly
Again? Wow. Do update.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks