Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

vento is now 2 lac strong

Volkswagen rolls out its 200,000th Vento| ZigWheels.com
Old 12th July 2012, 19:20   #4682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
200000th Vento or 200000th Volkswagen? Even taking an average of 5000 Ventos per month for 24 months will come to 1.2 lac! Or is the exports already happening?
Old 12th July 2012, 20:25   #4683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
200000th Vento or 200000th Volkswagen? Even taking an average of 5000 Ventos per month for 24 months will come to 1.2 lac! Or is the exports already happening?
Its the exports which is adding to the numbers. The white Vento pictured in the Zigwheels article is a LHD version for export markets. Exporting from India is helping VW in the current volatile market.
Old 13th July 2012, 10:10   #4684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Its the exports which is adding to the numbers. The white Vento pictured in the Zigwheels article is a LHD version for export markets. Exporting from India is helping VW in the current volatile market.
It's 200,000th car (including polo, vento, fabia, rapid and export) in Pune plant.
Nicky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 10:28   #4685
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
It's 200,000th car (including polo, vento, fabia, rapid and export) in Pune plant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
I think we can ignore all the PR marketing gimmicks. They would probably tweak the numbers just to post anything, and one or more of the news channels/blogs/magazines would just make hu-haw about it.
Old 13th July 2012, 10:35   #4686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
I think we can ignore all the PR marketing gimmicks. They would probably tweak the numbers just to post anything, and one or more of the news channels/blogs/magazines would just make hu-haw about it.
I understand your point, but these kind of news are never tweaked as every company has certain ethics and principals.
these numbers can be easily verified as SIAM has all the production numbers from all the manufacturers.
Head quarter of that particular firm is also informed about all these things so it has to be true.
Old 13th July 2012, 10:49   #4687
Senior - BHPian

I think carwale puts it better. It is just that the 200000th car is a Vento. Volkswagen rolls out 2,00,000th car in India - CarWale News

Quote:
Volkswagen India has rolled out the 2,00,000th unit from the Chakan facility in Pune.

Incidentally, the landmark example is also the first left hand drive version of the Vento made in India.
Anyway congratulations to Volkswagen India. For not under-estimating the Indian talent and market, unlike some other manufacturers who have burned their fingers with a half-hearted commitment or those who have fled away.
Old 13th July 2012, 11:28   #4688
BHPian

Huh and now this

Volkswagen India's marketing team puts in papers as sales slide - The Economic Times

I guess something should have happened earlier. Seriously who does a "customer talk to chimp" ad to sell a car.

Quote:
A person close to the situation said the Volkswagen headquarters are unhappy over sliding sales and bulging inventory, especially of the Vento sedan, which is made in India for global export.
Note to VW. Products are overpriced. Add gizmos that buyers of a 10 lakh sedan look for. See sales improve. And oh yes, fix the attitude of the dealers too while improving service network. Consumers will not commit to buying a product where the product support is iffy.
Old 13th July 2012, 11:56   #4689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
Huh and now this

Volkswagen India's marketing team puts in papers as sales slide - The Economic Times

I guess something should have happened earlier. Seriously who does a "customer talk to chimp" ad to sell a car.

Note to VW. Products are overpriced. Add gizmos that buyers of a 10 lakh sedan look for. See sales improve. And oh yes, fix the attitude of the dealers too while improving service network. Consumers will not commit to buying a product where the product support is iffy.
Also, provide options for current owners to have the extra gizmos fixed at reasonable rates
Old 13th July 2012, 12:24   #4690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
Huh and now this

This was the same marketing team which got all around appreciation sometime back for their innovative marketing strategies which established VW as a brand in India. VW problems are simple.
1) Poor line up with only two mass cars. Even after 2.5 years of launch Polo is not even being refreshed. Where is UP?
2) Poor non exciting engine options in Polo.
3) Poor gizmos and features in both the cars.
4) Introduction of cars on same platform in sister brands with more features and less price. Rapid almost killed Vento.
5) Last but not the least. Arrogant "Made in Germany"attitude from the dealers and VW management. This is the main drawback I see as VW car owner.

Last edited by poloman : 13th July 2012 at 12:28.
Old 13th July 2012, 12:36   #4691
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
5) Last but not the least. Arrogant "Made in Germany"attitude from the dealers and VW management. This is the main drawback I see as VW car owner.
I kind of see this as the prime reason for this problem. People graduating to a Volkswagen are the ones coming from stables like Maruti and Hyundai and they are used to all the pampering they get as M/H customers. Volkswagen comes across as too arrogant (even if they are just plain talking!)

I mean, the most common pet peeve I've come across when it comes to VW is there are no free services!!! We are so used to three free services thrown by almost every common man's car maker!

The least VW can do (and it could be a start) is to throw in a couple of free service coupons to all new and existing customers. I know about the monsoon camp but its not advertised enough (neither my dealer nor VW themselves have bothered to call me about it!) Free service (even if nothing is done except general car wash as is common in the industry) is a great enticer. General human nature (at least us Indians) is we dont look for what is there; instead we look for what is NOT there vis-a-vis others! Free service is a gaping hole then.

And yes, dont just think about selling cars. Think about stocking sufficient spares and other parts as well and also training your service personnel well.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 16:30   #4692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
1) Poor line up with only two mass cars. Even after 2.5 years of launch Polo is not even being refreshed. Where is UP?
Just what you wished for - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-spotted.html
Old 14th July 2012, 11:14   #4693
BHPian

After having owned the Vento for about 8 months now, and having a niggle free experience vis-a-vis the Linea, i have finally decided to move on to something bigger and own another product of the VAG Group.! yes the Vento is Up for grabs.

The Vento is a class product, as far as mileage, build quality, quality of materials used etc is concerned, and the Vehicle exhudes German Engineering. classy understated Build to last product. will start a new thread as soon as the Cousin of the Vento Comes into My life!
Old 14th July 2012, 12:08   #4694
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
After having owned the Vento for about 8 months now, and having a niggle free experience vis-a-vis the Linea, i have finally decided to move on to something bigger and own another product of the VAG Group.! yes the Vento is Up for grabs.
So I guess this is your car we were discussing earlier!

Quote:
While I was browsing on the net, found this ad for a Vento Tdi on ebay. By the description and the accessories (Kagu mats, Ipod MDI cable, 3M films, Osram bulbs, etc) bought by the owner, seems to be a BHPian vehicle (maybe). With a price tag of 11L and 5k kms run, doesn't seem that bad an offer for a Karnataka based vehicle.
Indeed, it's a small world!

Last edited by ninjatalli : 14th July 2012 at 12:09.
Old 14th July 2012, 12:22   #4695
BHPian

Quote:
So I guess this is your car we were discussing earlier!

Indeed, it's a small world!

My Car was The Subject Matter of Discussion and i wasn't aware !
yes its a T-Bhpian's Car (mine)! need something bigger and roomier and hence disposing this off.. the Ad is also in T-bhp Classifieds Here: http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...en/Vento.html/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks