Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2012, 16:56   #3856
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

I feel this is a very irritating way of marketing on VW's part. When this discount is coming from them then why don't they advertise the same in the add. Right now we have three different offers from 3 different cities. I got a slightly different discount, Ravenavi got something different in pune and Bala got something different in Chennai. This just creates a lot of confusion and clearly gives a lot of room to the dealers in fleecing customers. Why can't VW advertise a single Pan-India offer? Really disappointed with this methodology.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 17:10   #3857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I feel this is a very irritating way of marketing on VW's part. When this discount is coming from them then why don't they advertise the same in the add. Right now we have three different offers from 3 different cities. I got a slightly different discount, Ravenavi got something different in pune and Bala got something different in Chennai. This just creates a lot of confusion and clearly gives a lot of room to the dealers in fleecing customers. Why can't VW advertise a single Pan-India offer? Really disappointed with this methodology.
I may be wrong, but as I understand this, the stock-clearance task is a much bigger burden on the dealer compared to the company. Its the dealer who has invested in getting these vehicles in his stockyard. Ofcourse, its also a burdon on VW, from may be brand image perspective, but its not a panic situation for VW. So VW can not and will not announce the exact offer publicly. Its purely dealer's baby.
Old 19th January 2012, 17:28   #3858
Distinguished - BHPian

Can anyone tell me how do the new parking sensors work in the Vento TDI HL? Do these come only with the Audio warning or with a visual display too? I was just going through the brochure and it says that parking sensors come with display on the music system screen.
Old 19th January 2012, 17:58   #3859
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That's because we 3 are in different states with different ex-showroom and OTR prices. Delhi has the lowest ex-showroom price, mine is slightly higher, and Bala has the highest ex-showroom among us 3. Plus, the RT rates are different for different states. Bangalore guys pay the most, followed by Hyderabad, then Chennai, etc. Ours is among the lowest @ 7% of ex-showroom price.

AFAIK, dealers have a pretty nice margin on each car (Honda being a case in point, I am sure VW is no different). They negotiate with the company for a margin on each of these stock cars and calculate a discount which is pretty decent, sounds tempting to the customers, AND ends up giving them a good margin of profit as well. End result - company's happy, dealer's happy, customer's happy as well.

A single all-India offer will mean same margins all across the country, irrespective of the different pricing in different states. So, for example, 50K discount in Delhi for 8.4L ex-showroom = 50K discount in Bangalore for 9.2L ex-showroom? That could be difficult to justify to the customers.

Instead of that, they hand it over to the dealers to deal with it according to their state's pricings. Of course, it all still results in profits at every level so everyone's happy.
Old 19th January 2012, 18:17   #3860
Senior - BHPian

Actually not. Looks like VW has shipped all these very recently to dealers all over the country and told them to "get rid of them" They might have suggested something like a minimum discount amount over which the dealer's can add on as required...just a guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I may be wrong, but as I understand this, the stock-clearance task is a much bigger burden on the dealer compared to the company. Its the dealer who has invested in getting these vehicles in his stockyard.
Parking sensors have a visual display in the HU screen, however it is just a graphical lines display and not a camera image display.

Quote:
Can anyone tell me how do the new parking sensors work in the Vento TDI HL? Do these come only with the Audio warning or with a visual display too? I was just going through the brochure and it says that parking sensors come with display on the music system screen.
I agree with your point, the figure quoted to me was on the OTR whereas the discounts that you got were on the ex-showroom which means savings in LTT and insurance too. May be thats the reason the 15k free accessories werent offered...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Instead of that, they hand it over to the dealers to deal with it according to their state's pricings. Of course, it all still results in profits at every level so everyone's happy.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 18:25   #3861
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I agree with your point, the figure quoted to me was on the OTR whereas the discounts that you got were on the ex-showroom which means savings in LTT and insurance too. May be thats the reason the 15k free accessories werent offered...
Hey that just reminds me that I failed to notice that the SA still gave me the OTR price after adding the road tax and Insurance amount for the 9.77L Ex-showroom price. If they decrease the OTR price then they ought to decrease everything accordingly right? BTW is it possible to get your car registered yourself or VW dealers create a nuisance in this?

Edit: Just called up the dealer to ask. The SA says that the road tax and other things will remain the same. The cash discount will just be mentioned in the invoice. I think I read something similar on the New car Price thread too that the road tax etc change only when the company officially changes the price of the car. In case of discounts the road tax and insurance costs remains the same. So guys the discount basically is on the OTR price and not on ex-showroom price.

Last edited by drmohitg : 19th January 2012 at 18:33.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 18:59   #3862
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ The way it worked for me last year in Pune is that I paid them the entire amount (ex showroom price mentioned in price list + VAT + RTO charges) and they gave me a cheque for 16,000 (corporate discount) within 2 weeks of delivery of the car. Insurance I got done one my own so they knocked it off the OTR price.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 19:13   #3863
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Yup that's how it works. The first price increase of 20 odd k was not applicable to me, however the final ex-showroom price (inclusive of both price increases) was taken for insurance (self done), VAT & RTO. All discounts are only given on the OTR.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 21:52   #3864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equidae View Post
Anyway, this is all I could extract about upcoming upgrades in 2012 Vento:

Vento Diesel & Petrol TL
Parking sensors
My Vento TL TDI was manufactured in Oct. 2011, and came with parking sensors company installed. So that's surely an upgrade for the 2012 model.
Old 19th January 2012, 22:19   #3865
Senior - BHPian

Technically it is possible. You are obliged to pay only the ex-showroom price to the dealer.

But then the discounts are only on OTR, so in effect you don't get anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg

BTW is it possible to get your car registered yourself or VW dealers create a nuisance in this?
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 12:21   #3866
BHPian

Quote:
Edit: Just called up the dealer to ask. The SA says that the road tax and other things will remain the same. The cash discount will just be mentioned in the invoice. I think I read something similar on the New car Price thread too that the road tax etc change only when the company officially changes the price of the car. In case of discounts the road tax and insurance costs remains the same. So guys the discount basically is on the OTR price and not on ex-showroom price.
Yes this is true. The discount that you get is only on the OTR price.
I had raised the same question when I bought the car. My reasoning was, Tax is calculated on the Ex-showroom price. So when I am getting a discount on Ex-showroom, it should reflect in the tax too. A person finance dept. got it clarified.
Also, just make sure that receipt from the RTO reflect the same amount as mentioned in your invoice.
anToNIcHeN is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 13:36   #3867
BHPian

So, as some of you know the kind of terrain my car needs to tackle, my car had developed some rattles due to excessive driving on bad roads.

Today morning, I took the car to Vidyut Motors here in Pune, to get the underbelly checked. Well, to sum it up, all my fears were just that. Fears. Nothing wrong under there. Its all good. This, has re-instated my belief in the prodct. Apart from a few scratches (which IMO are unavoidable) everything is perfecet with the car.

Oh, I also got some good customer service from VW during this short visit. Not only did the SA, the Customer Service rep know me by my name, but they also reminded me of a free internal cleaning thats due.
Old 20th January 2012, 15:03   #3868
Distinguished - BHPian

@subodh- What did Vidyut say about that nasty rattle in the rear doors? Apart from that, your car still feels like new.
Old 20th January 2012, 20:53   #3869
Senior - BHPian

guys whenever you do the PDI of your vento please check the clutch operation carefully.
i missed doing it and am now suffering with pulsating , unrefined and noisy clutch.
this is a known problem in many ventos and VW instead of calling the owners pro-actively to get it replaced is doing the same only when customer makes noise.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2535571

i am going to fight with my dealer for the same. earlier when i complained about it he said " Sir, you are the only one who hears various noises in the car"
Old 21st January 2012, 00:20   #3870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster
@subodh- What did Vidyut say about that nasty rattle in the rear doors? Apart from that, your car still feels like new.
The SA asked me to leave the car for 2 hours and said all issues will be sorted and the rubber bidding on the car will also be changed. Didn't have time so told him will get the car back on Monday for all rattles, rubber bidding change an free interior cleaning. The front bumper has kind of spoiler at the bottom which has also come out a bit making some noise which will also be fixed on monday

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks