Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2011, 19:16   #3646
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Count me in. I have experienced it too. The sound is so sickening that it feels as though the suspension is just not there. You get a rude jolt when this happens. Please keep us updated on the developments.
I've got my vehicle checked-up at VW-Downtown. Service manager was Suresh and he was very good & polite and listens to our problems.

"THHUNNNKKK" sound that is coming from the suspensions when we go over a rut or hump is not solved. But the suspension was re-torqued and ride is very tight. Gobbles all the uneven patches without any hazels. The ride quality had improved, much better than earlier. I'm happy with it.
They claim to be this as normal for all the VW vehicles.

Got "Autolock" feature enabled, it gets locked when car reaches 20km, but the sad thing is I’m still able to open my doors from inside while the vehicle is still in running condition.
Is this how it is expected to work? Then, would like to know the purpose of this feature.

Engine oil top up was done. Remaining oil was promptly dumped in boot.

“CRAANKKK” sound while braking gentle still persist. That is claimed to be as normal for all VW vehicles.

Rear right power window switch wasn't functioning properly from the day of delivery. Found out to be problem with the switch and it was replaced.

The final bill

1L of Castrol magnetic – 980/-(not exactly)
Labour charge – 350/-
VAT – 110/-(not exactly)
Total: 1350/-

Car was properly vacuumed and water wash was done and delivered on time.
Love the way the service manager was responsible and was constantly in touch with me. I couldn’t resist myself to present him and I did. He was very happy, so as I.
Old 13th December 2011, 19:24   #3647
Senior - BHPian

When I say play in the steering, I mean the steering has become very vague. It moves around towards left and right in the center without any noticable change in direction of the tyres.

I will get the alignment checked, but then the response to my question in the link provided came in from an tyre expert who has felt the same way before, hence my suspicion. Whatever the case is, I have no choice left but to stick with this. As with the clutch, hope to get used to it over the course of time. Sigh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Bala I am a bit perplexed by your observations, especially play in the steering wheel. Its best that you complete your alignment as soon as possible . A positive / negative camber can reduce the contact area and also make the steering wheel light , given that the patch area for your C drives is more than stock it should not feel lighter . C drives do not boast of less rolling resistance and fuel efficiency , rather it tries to sell better grip ( more friction ) which is again completely opposite to what your steering feels. Attaching the product brochure.
Thanks for the update, so can we safely assume that this noise is by design? I would be furious if the skoda rapid had addressed this issue though (tbhp review states rapid's suspension is tuned better than the vento!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
I've got my vehicle checked-up at VW-Downtown.

"THHUNNNKKK" sound that is coming from the suspensions when we go over a rut or hump is not solved. But the suspension was re-torqued and ride is very tight. Gobbles all the uneven patches without any hazels. The ride quality had improved, much better than earlier. I'm happy with it.
They claim to be this as normal for all the VW vehicles.

Last edited by bala80 : 13th December 2011 at 19:40.
Old 13th December 2011, 19:54   #3648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Got "Autolock" feature enabled, it gets locked when car reaches 20km, but the sad thing is I’m still able to open my doors from inside while the vehicle is still in running condition.
“CRAANKKK” sound while braking gentle still persist. That is claimed to be as normal for all VW vehicles.
Autolock happens at 15 kmph and there is work around for doors still being opened up even though its locked. If you have young children's you could use child lock at rear. That's the best you could do.

Regarding “CRAANKKK” sound, there is no such sound when I gently brake my Vento TDi. SA is just fooling around, saying this common for all VW cars. Why don't you ask SA to let you TD someone's car and check the same. I'm sure there is no such sound.

On a side note those who all say Vento TDi(exception petrol) doesn't have push back effect, it surely has a push back effect in the seat just like Cruze(I have test driven Cruze). The 1st and 2nd gear might not give you such a affect but after you engage 3rd gear it just pushes you back. How about a test drive in my Vento TDi HL.
Old 14th December 2011, 10:43   #3649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Thanks for the update, so can we safely assume that this noise is by design? I would be furious if the skoda rapid had addressed this issue though (tbhp review states rapid's suspension is tuned better than the vento!)
I hope it happens the same with Skoda suspension as well. Visually when I observe Yeti and Rapid suspension, I could notice that are similar to Vento's
Probably it is best if Skoda guys comment on the same.
Old 15th December 2011, 11:18   #3650
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the steering behaviour I was describing is a characteristic of C drives. One more gentleman seems to agree

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post2611233

More updates on this issue and my next project in my ownership thread.
Old 15th December 2011, 12:22   #3651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
I am not sure I get that feeling in my Vento. Well post 2K RPM's the miles do clock in faster but again i feel it sets in a bit linear and not a sudden rush. I do feel a noticiable difference in my cosins Cruze where the car does seem to take after the magic RPM but in Vento I feel its a bit more subtle. Is it that my turbo is not kicking in for some reason (is that even a possibility) or am I being simply paranoid. How do i figure this out ? One quick way I can think of is have bala drive my machine and compare it to his - anything else I could do ?
It is without a doubt in Cuze the turbo kick is far more prominent. Not only because it pulls harder in the turbo zone, but also because it is pathetic in the bog zone. I was doing a far bit of research on 50-60 in fifth gear for some cars and would you believe it, Vento D was ahead of cars like Figo & Micra. In fact I am yet to came across any car that is faster than Vento in 50-60 in 5th. And since it is already fast in the lag zone, you are not able to fathom the pull during the surge.

However if you are still spetical do some in-gear acceleration runs & compare with that of the standard times.

Last edited by oxyzen : 15th December 2011 at 12:23.
Old 15th December 2011, 13:00   #3652
BHPian

My Friend got a Vento TL Petrol 2 weeks back.
The "gear suggestion" tab is missing in the MID !!
I have it in my TL TDi. Is it a recent substraction in the features?

Got the HIDs installed (6000K) after 22000 Kms . I'll update in my ownership report soon.
Old 15th December 2011, 13:25   #3653
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post

Got the HIDs installed (6000K) after 22000 Kms . I'll update in my ownership report soon.
6000k? So your HIDs cost close to 6 times your car eh?

Pics too please. And where/how details. Seriously interested in this.
Old 15th December 2011, 13:28   #3654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post

The petrol version doesn't have that feature.
Abhinav.Daos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 13:54   #3655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post

Pics too please. And where/how details. Seriously interested in this.
Definitely sir. I'll update once i fit the DRLs too.
Anyways, car is within your reach. You dont need the pics i guess.
mikon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2011, 18:23   #3656
BHPian

Just got my speakers upgraded to Hertz Dieci + Energy series. The OEM speakers, I noticed, are mounted on plastic base and that probably is one of the reasons for the irritating boom in the OEM speakers (though no distortion). The Hertz made a huge difference in the sound quality. I can safely push off my HU upgrade to a few months ahead. Here are some photos:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2613006
Old 17th December 2011, 16:29   #3657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
What difference does a few Zeros make among friends. After all we Indians invented the Zero. Others could not figure that out then or even now.
Old 18th December 2011, 20:20   #3658
Senior - BHPian

Did a detailing session on my Pearl Black Vento TDi. It now looks like as if just came out from factory. Hope it helps my Vento friends and owners. Below is the link.
My Dark Knight's detailing session.
Regards,
El.
Old 19th December 2011, 13:05   #3659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Did a detailing session on my Pearl Black Vento TDi. It now looks like as if just came out from factory. Hope it helps my Vento friends and owners. Below is the link.
My Dark Knight's detailing session.
Regards,
El.
Thanks for explaining the procedure, Could you also list the things required like clay bar etc with price and where to get it here?
Old 19th December 2011, 13:44   #3660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
Thanks for explaining the procedure, Could you also list the things required like clay bar etc with price and where to get it here?
PM'ed you the details. Enjoy detailing your Vento.
Regards,
El.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks