Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2011, 03:55   #3331
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Diwali is over so they better listen to you , always try to stretch your negotiation to 3rd or 4th week of the month and remember not to make full payment till you are finished with your negotiations.
I'm guessing one could also negotiate that much as outright discount for the Highline variant? Or is it already passed on by default across all variants?

manson.
Old 30th October 2011, 11:54   #3332

Yesterday I went to the stockyard to do a PDI of my Vento TL TDI. Everything seemed satisfactory and the vehicle was manufactured in September 2011 with 5kms on the odo. Started the engine, opened the bonnet and listened to the engine clatter for about 10 mins, the engine note was uniform and found no oil leakages after revving a little bit. Noted the VIN number and mentioned to the dealer that I would be taking this vehicle.

There are rear parking sensors that come in the TL variant. Was this there from before or introduced a month ago with the new lot of HL variants which come with steering mounted audio controls? I missed seeing this on an older Vento TL that was parked nearby.

As far as the discounts go, I got free insurance + 15k worth accessories. I chose the brown art leather seat covers + see through floor mats + mud flaps + door steps. I am getting the door handles and mirror painted white which I hope to get done for free. The accessories came to 13k and the dealer was kind enough to agree for reducing the remaining 2k. Overall a satisfactory experience so far.

Due to work, I would be able to take delivery only on Friday as I am working in Bangalore but getting the vehicle in my hometown.

On road price after free insurance, corporate discount and extended warranty is 9.33 lacs approx.
technocratroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2011, 23:58   #3333
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone seen this yet?

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-untitled.jpg
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-untitled2.jpg

Rejuvenation Camp < Value Adds < Welcome to Volkswagen India
Old 31st October 2011, 04:49   #3334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
I'm guessing one could also negotiate that much as outright discount for the Highline variant? Or is it already passed on by default across all variants?

manson.
Manson HL is a faster moving model so the room for negotiations is limited IMO, VW is trying to push the TL so the onus is on them to attract buyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Yep, I have got it . I am yet to decide whether to avail it or not - the pricing looks quite attractive though I am a bit puzzled about what is an AC disinfectant ? Any ideas ?
Old 31st October 2011, 07:50   #3335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by technocratroy View Post
Yesterday I went to the stockyard to do a PDI of my Vento TL TDI.
Congratulations, @technocratroy. Welcome to the Vento club and to the burgeoning list of namma Vento owners!

Quote:
There are rear parking sensors that come in the TL variant. Was this there from before or introduced a month ago with the new lot of HL variants which come with steering mounted audio controls? I missed seeing this on an older Vento TL that was parked nearby.
Never heard of any accessories available on the TLs. Must be limited to the TDI TLs only, I suppose. Great news!

Quote:
Due to work, I would be able to take delivery only on Friday as I am working in Bangalore but getting the vehicle in my hometown.
Great, do post your ownership experience, once you have a few miles under your belt! What colour have you chosen?
Old 31st October 2011, 09:18   #3336
BHPian

After an amazing test drive and reading all Vento related threads on Team BHP, booked my silver Vento TDI at VW Hyderabad 10 days ago. The dealer promised delivery in 40 days, but called last week that the car has been alloted and it's on its way! Scrambling to get my loan sanctioned. One thing that troubles me in the dealer's proforma invoice is an incidental charge of nealry 15K. On checking, the dealer said that this is for PDI and other charges. Is this the norm? Can someone who has bought a polo or a Vento in Hyderabad confirm if they actually paid this 15k? Thanks
NYG
Old 31st October 2011, 10:28   #3337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yep, I have got it . I am yet to decide whether to avail it or not - the pricing looks quite attractive though I am a bit puzzled about what is an AC disinfectant ? Any ideas ?
@souravc

Its mentioned in the brochure.
Attached Images

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 31st October 2011 at 10:30.
Old 31st October 2011, 12:16   #3338

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post

Great, do post your ownership experience, once you have a few miles under your belt! What colour have you chosen?
@nileshch: Thanks I have booked white. Will post an ownership experience in a few weeks.
Old 31st October 2011, 14:50   #3339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It's just the name of the package, IMO, which is basically - complete cleaning of the AC and it's vents.

I think the pricing is pretty good as well. They are also tossing in some free maintenance/cleaning work which makes it a nice little conditioning package. Most Vento owners should profit by this.
Old 31st October 2011, 19:12   #3340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notyetgrey View Post
One thing that troubles me in the dealer's proforma invoice is an incidental charge of nealry 15K. On checking, the dealer said that this is for PDI and other charges. Is this the norm? Can someone who has bought a polo or a Vento in Hyderabad confirm if they actually paid this 15k? Thanks
NYG
Incidental charge of 15 K is on account of what ? You should ask them for the exact break-up . They would usually charge for registration services, parking charges , etc but 15K seems way too high . It would be helpful if you can post whats the on road price you are paying , someone from Hyd can comment on the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
@souravc

Its mentioned in the brochure.
Thanks Ajay, yes indeed. Funnily Beetle is clubbed together with the Polo- so much for snob value
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 19:27   #3341
Senior - BHPian

^Rejuvenation package - All they are offering is exterior and interior detailing under this name and going by the after market prices, these are very much on the expensive side. I would be interested to know if there are trained personnel in the service station to do this job, else its a total waste IMO.

I would strongly suggest people to check the charges in the professional detailing shops, not only would they work much cheap, but then the quality of work will be top notch too. To start with, you can get a few references from our t-bhp directory.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 19:32   #3342
BHPian

Quote:
Incidental charge of 15 K is on account of what ? You should ask them for the exact break-up . They would usually charge for registration services, parking charges , etc but 15K seems way too high . It would be helpful if you can post whats the on road price you are paying , someone from Hyd can comment on the same.

Thanks Ajay, yes indeed. Funnily Beetle is clubbed together with the Polo- so much for snob value
Sourav - The dealer claims that this is for PDI and other handling charges. The sales person claims that this is standard "for all VW dealers in AP". I'm not giving in without a fight and intend to talk to his managers.

I searched the archives and found couple of other folks who had raised this issue in the Vento Test drive post, but don't see a resolution for this. Have contacted VW through twitter and posted the scanned copy of the quote on their FB page, but haven't heard from them either.

The break up of the OTR is

Vento Highline TDI Rs 994,878
Tax @ 12% Rs 119,590
Incidental charges Rs 14,950

The corporate discount promised is 16K. The quote for a 0 dep insurance was Rs 45,389! I'm getting it done by myself for around 28K. The showroom guys tried to talk me into taking the policy with them saying that cashless is possible only if I take the insurance with them. Thankfully, I knew enough to laugh off their dire warnings!

The sales person tried to pull a fast one on accessories. His list of accessories included nearly 5K for the reverse sensor (which, thanks to the ownership threads on team BHP, I know is standard fitment). I have decided to stick to the basic accessories from the dealer (mud flaps, side protector, door step & possibly seat covers) and will add more slowly.

Am planning a visit tomorrow and will update the thread with my discussions on the Incidental charges.
Notyetgrey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 22:06   #3343
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notyetgrey

Sourav - The dealer claims that this is for PDI and other handling charges. The sales person claims that this is standard "for all VW dealers in AP". I'm not giving in without a fight and intend to talk to his managers.

I searched the archives and found couple of other folks who had raised this issue in the Vento Test drive post, but don't see a resolution for this. Have contacted VW through twitter and posted the scanned copy of the quote on their FB page, but haven't heard from them either.

The break up of the OTR is

Vento Highline TDI Rs 994,878
Tax @ 12% Rs 119,590
Incidental charges Rs 14,950

The corporate discount promised is 16K. The quote for a 0 dep insurance was Rs 45,389! I'm getting it done by myself for around 28K. The showroom guys tried to talk me into taking the policy with them saying that cashless is possible only if I take the insurance with them. Thankfully, I knew enough to laugh off their dire warnings!

The sales person tried to pull a fast one on accessories. His list of accessories included nearly 5K for the reverse sensor (which, thanks to the ownership threads on team BHP, I know is standard fitment). I have decided to stick to the basic accessories from the dealer (mud flaps, side protector, door step & possibly seat covers) and will add more slowly.

Am planning a visit tomorrow and will update the thread with my discussions on the Incidental charges.
Life tax is 14% in Hyd , just reconfirm, also may want to opt ext. warranty at 11 k
Old 31st October 2011, 22:16   #3344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Life tax is 14% in Hyd , just reconfirm, also may want to opt ext. warranty at 11 k
Thanks. From what I heard from various sources - If this is the only car registered on my name, the tax is 12%. For second car or if the ex-showroom value is > 10 Lakhs or if registered by a company, then the tax is 14%.

On the fence regarding the extended warranty. Will take a call in the next couple of days.
Old 31st October 2011, 23:39   #3345
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notyetgrey

Thanks. From what I heard from various sources - If this is the only car registered on my name, the tax is 12%. For second car or if the ex-showroom value is > 10 Lakhs or if registered by a company, then the tax is 14%.

On the fence regarding the extended warranty. Will take a call in the next couple of days.
No, life tax is 14% now

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks